1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Fog Lamp mod + 65w fog bulbs

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Isthatahemi, Apr 10, 2010.

1. Apr 10, 2010 at 10:53 AM
    Isthatahemi

Isthatahemi [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD OFF ROAD
    BFG AT's, Weathertechs, Hoppy's brake controller.
    I have been very impressed with the bright headlights on my 09 and '10 Taco. Low and high beams rock. The fog lights though, are weak, and shut off with the brights, which is stupid.
    Anyhow, I started off doing the fog light anytime mod, and then added regular sylvania 9005 bulbs (65W) to the replace the 9145's (42W) that come stock. The new bulbs throw light right to where the high beams start, and the fogs light up the edge of the road really well. It lights up the highway incredibly. I know a lot of guys say go HID's, Functionally I think the above mod is best for me. One aspect of light that is important to me, is in the heavy rain and snow, a higher temp bulb / with bluish light, gets reflected back, causing worse visibility. Also, all my bulbs should last the usual 5 years or so, and the bulbs were $10 a piece at wal-mart. One note, the 9005's don't just pop in, it takes a few minutes for wiggling, and twisting for them to pop in, but a little patience will do it. There is no need to trim the tabs though.

Products Discussed in

To Top