1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Halo headlights keep fogging up!!! Help!

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by bjohnson23, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Apr 16, 2010 at 9:05 AM
    bjohnson23

bjohnson23 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brandon
    Bama(ROLLTIDE)
    Vehicle:
    07 prerunner trd sport
    i have a set of aftermarket halo headlights and every time i wash my truck the dam headlights fog up what can i do to make them quit fogging up?

2. Apr 16, 2010 at 9:14 AM
    dexterdog

dexterdog My pee parts itch

Member:
    Oly WA
    Vehicle:
    2012 F150
    Try sealing them with silicone. This is what you get with cheap aftermarket lights.

3. Apr 16, 2010 at 9:37 AM
    Viet2100

Viet2100 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    Try putting some heavy duty tape around the rubber boots. That was my issue with them.

4. Apr 16, 2010 at 9:38 AM
    Lentsnh

Lentsnh Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2007 Hummer H3 Tactical Edition
    None yet- Future: HIDs, Tinted tails, LED interior lights,
    Let them dry out first before you seal the headlights.

5. Apr 16, 2010 at 10:15 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I'm willing to bet you got them on eBay... True?

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  6. Apr 16, 2010 at 10:22 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    I've heard a lot of bad things about the ones from eBay... i got mine from a different source and haven't really ever had a prob.

7. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:21 AM
    Viet2100

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    They are the same headlights... If you got them from somewhere other than eBay, you paid too much.

8. Apr 16, 2010 at 11:25 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

I disagree... but I don't feel like hijacking the thread...

9. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:10 PM
    Viet2100

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    You are not hijacking. You are letting the OP know the history behind the issue. How many sets have you seen? From my experience, I have seen 3 different sets from different sources all with the same part number. All painted the same and have the same electrical wiring, bulbs and LEDs.

10. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Ok well... from my experience researching, purchasing, and installing my own:

Mine were pure plug and play. No wiring needed to be done. Some of the posts I've read here said that they were required to wire in the LEDs and those, if my memory serves me correctly, were the ones on eBay.

Also, I've heard - from other threads here - that the ones purchased on eBay have LEDs go out. Now, I didn't go to Eagle Eyes and buy mine - but I didn't do eBay and aside from inital fogging I had the night I installed it - I've never really had an issue. No LEDs going out and very few instances where they fogged.

So if you believe they are the same headlights - then I would have to disagree, because some you have to wire and some you don't.

Correction: Just looked on eBAY and saw 2 different sets of LED Halo Projectors. One set has vertical LED "dots" and the other has horizontal LED "dots". The ones with horizontal dots are the ones I have, plug and play, while the ones with the vertical dots doesn't say one way or the other... That said, it might help all of us trying to help the OP to know WHICH pair the OP has.... OP?

11. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    Agent, where did you get yours?

12. Apr 16, 2010 at 12:40 PM
    Agent475

Agent475 "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Octane Motorsports in CA about 1.5 years ago... I think I paid 220 with shipping at the time.

13. Apr 16, 2010 at 1:35 PM
    Viet2100

Member:
    First Name:
    Viet
    South Florida
    Vehicle:
    2016 Prius 4T
    That is what I thought :rolleyes:. I am referring to the 1st gen projector headlights. The 2nd and 3rd gen projector headlights are better quality. There are 3 total different kinds of projector headlights for the '05+ Tacomas. Refer to my signature about the Lighting FAQs.

14. Apr 16, 2010 at 10:31 PM
    Turrbine

Turrbine Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Rochester, NY USA
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma
    I bought after market blacked out headlight bezels (2008 Tacoma) from Auto Halo and they suck. Both have moisture behind the lens. Their only solution is for me to take them off (which isn't hard but a pain in the ars) send them back (shipping at my expense) and maybe they will exchange them.

Products Discussed in

To Top