1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

off road lights locks?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by lilgerber, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:24 AM
    lilgerber

lilgerber [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Fresno, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 off road Speedway blue
    Front: Total Chaos 3.5 4x4 LT kit, Engage off-road one piece hood, Caged front end, TC gussets. Rear: Fiberworks fenders, King 14" 3.0 triple bypasses, boxed/braced frame, extended brake lines, 63" chevy leaf springs, U bolt flip kit, TC lower shock mounts. Preformance: URD intake, Doug Thorley headers, Flowmaster 40, 2.5 tubing. Interior: Weather techs, LED's, Double DIn, kicker 10" subs, Kicker componet speakers, Exterior: Method wheels with OMF beadlocks, Custom made bumpers, Retro headlights.
    I just added 4 HID lights to my front bumper but got to thinking, someone can just take the nut off and cut the wires and my new HID's are gone.

question : what do you guys do ? is there some kinda lock out there? I was thinking about tac welding the end of the bolt, but what if i want to take them off ....

thanks.

2. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:33 AM
    WhatThePho?

WhatThePho? Greg Graffin 2016

Member:
    First Name:
    Andre
    HCMC, VN
    Vehicle:
    2006 STi
    The things required to pull bitches
  3. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:34 AM
    Trap

Trap Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Indego Ink TRD OR
    Electric Tail Gate Lock, EZ Down + Cable Mod, Galvanized Underbody, DK 9000, CloudRider SS Grill insert. BakFlip HD, Cabin Air Filter mod, Alarm, Zero Rust !
    Well you could do the security bolts but there is a easier way. Use SS hex cap screws and drill them out after the install. A easy out will make quick work of removing them later if you had to but damn near impossible to steal in a hurry. If it's a nut just drill a small hole under it threw the pipe and use the hex cap screws there. Just thread the hole install the cap screws with locktighted back nuts and then drill the heads out round. If you lock tight them it's just easier to drill the heads right off push them threw and then replace them.

If somebody wants to steal them they will steal them but you can make it a complete PITA to do so in a hurry. Or use those crazy nuts above.

4. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:35 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    buy a nut that requires a key, like aftermarket lug nuts

Products Discussed in

To Top