Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

fabtech conversion to long travel

Old 07-08-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough7tac0ma7 will become famous soon enough
Name: Spencer
7tac0ma7's Tacoma Gallery
fabtech conversion to long travel

I have a 99 tacoma with a 6" fabtech lift and am wanting to convert to long travel suspension. Would I be able to buy a kit that works with my current suspension?
Old 07-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #2
stroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shedstroM- is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
stroM-'s Tacoma Gallery
no, Long travel is a totally different way to run suspension. You will have to loose your drop bracket lift.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:12 PM   #3
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
someone just posted the same shit
Old 07-08-2010, 03:15 PM   #5
Watching Chris4x4 o.O
borderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shedborderbrat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Navy: Leading seaman, Electrical Technician, CFFS(E), Pacific Fleet
Name: Jeremy
borderbrat's Tacoma Gallery
doubtful unless you want it to be even higher and one couldn't guarantee it would work or be reliable if it did. your best bet is to lose the drop bracket lift. Of course the piece of the front crossmember that was cut out will need to be welded back in. Then the whole new LT kit installed.
Old 07-08-2010, 03:22 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7tac0ma7 View Post
I have a 99 tacoma with a 6" fabtech lift and am wanting to convert to long travel suspension. Would I be able to buy a kit that works with my current suspension?
Ok so you are able to mount a TC Long Travel Kit to your truck with the 6" on but.... Its one of the dumbest ideas out there. I have a TC kit and my truck leans like crazy around turns and with a 6" lift you are just asking to roll over. Long travel trucks are low 3" of lift tops because your center of gravity is lower and better for high speeds. also normally those 6" kits aren't really meant to take that kind of beating. You best bet is to take of the 6" and replace the cross member then add the Long Travel kit. or just keep the 6".