DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

long travel

Old 07-13-2010, 07:33 PM   #1
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
long travel

what would it cost (estimate) to do a FULL long travel set-up? the kit including everything, rims and tires, fenders... everything.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
krumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to beholdkrumble is a splendid one to behold
Name: Jon
krumble's Tacoma Gallery
I paid about 9k for mine which included:
LT kit for front w/ King 8" coil overs w/ remote resi
Rear bed cage w/ King 16" smooth body shocks with resi
Glassworks fenders and bedsides
Rear leaf pack
U-bolt eliminator kit
limit straps
Front bumper/skid plate
Set of 4 American Eagle 137 Rims
Old 07-13-2010, 09:25 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i'm about $4500 deep and i only have the front susp built. gonna get the rear taken care of in a month or so, still gathering all the necessary parts. it'll prob be another $4500 to finish the rear...

is there alot of prerunning to be had in maryland?
Old 07-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #4
l_prettyman has a spectacular aura aboutl_prettyman has a spectacular aura about
Name: Logan
l_prettyman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i'm about $4500 deep and i only have the front susp built. gonna get the rear taken care of in a month or so, still gathering all the necessary parts. it'll prob be another $4500 to finish the rear...

is there alot of prerunning to be had in maryland?

as in trails? im not too sure haha. i usually go out on farms and fields. most of that is nasty mud too so i couldnt help you
Old 07-14-2010, 11:36 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by l_prettyman View Post
as in trails? im not too sure haha. i usually go out on farms and fields. most of that is nasty mud too so i couldnt help you
i was curious for your sake, you dont want to spend almost $10k on a truck and not be able to use it to it's full potential...
Old 07-14-2010, 11:48 AM   #6
One of the original 7928
NumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shedNumNutz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Student Pilot
Name: Nick
NumNutz's Tacoma Gallery
No point to build a truck like this in MD.

Unless you have hundreds of acres to play in fields that aren't farmed. You could go to Assateague Island and play in the sand but there is a speed limit of like 25 mph.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:13 PM   #7
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
plus he is 4x4. I thought only the allpro kit worked with 4x4
Old 07-14-2010, 12:15 PM   #8
mjp2 is living vicariously through me.
martie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shedmartie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: smartie pants
martie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keason1* View Post
plus he is 4x4. I thought only the allpro kit worked with 4x4
Camburg works with 4x4.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_prettyman View Post
what would it cost (estimate) to do a FULL long travel set-up? the kit including everything, rims and tires, fenders... everything.
All depends on how built you want your truck. Simply buying and bolting on a kit will bring out weaknesses in other areas of your truck.

Give this a read:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...formation.html
Old 07-14-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
WTF
1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed1TUFFTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

1TUFFTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Total chaos works with 4x4
Old 07-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #11

a solid mid trav set up would prob be a better route for you

http://www.iconvehicledynamics.org/c...cPath=23_41_81
Old 07-14-2010, 01:39 PM   #12
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by martie View Post
Camburg works with 4x4.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1TUFFTRD View Post
Total chaos works with 4x4
oh ok, thanks I wasnt for sure
Old 07-14-2010, 06:57 PM   #13
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
no shizzle. Stupid long travel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
All depends on how built you want your truck. Simply buying and bolting on a kit will bring out weaknesses in other areas of your truck.

Give this a read:
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...formation.html