DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Multipurpose 4x4 Long Travel kit?

Old 08-05-2010, 11:11 AM   #21
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
who needs long travel anyways. oakleytrd please, he gets the mad hook up at allpro. Any lt set up will be good in the rocks just watch the backend. I have done many trails with mine and not only desert. I am not 4x4 but have never needed it anyways, locker is all i need.
Old 08-05-2010, 11:14 AM   #22
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
steve do you use your stock e-locker or you have an aftermarket locker?
Old 08-05-2010, 11:25 AM   #23
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
steve do you use your stock e-locker or you have an aftermarket locker?
stock
Old 08-06-2010, 03:19 PM   #24
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
yea, they are on their 3rd or 4th design thru their supplier....i havent had a need for 4x4 yet so im still waiting patiently
You have way more patience than I would have. The CV axles on a 4x4 compatible kit should have been figured out long before they released the kit. Thats part of the R&D process right?? If they want to be taken seriously alongside Total Chaos and Camburg they need to figure this out.

I hope they take care of you and btw your truck looks great with those Walkers.
Old 08-06-2010, 03:22 PM   #25
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
You have way more patience than I would have. That should have been figured out long before they released the kit. Thats part of the R&D process right?? I hope they take care of you and btw your truck looks great with those Walkers.
Yea, but im technically a guinea pig so i got my kit pretty cheap, so it's a price I have to pay....im a really patient guy, plus Hassim is nice and is fun to wheel with, he takes care of his customers
Old 08-14-2010, 04:24 PM   #26
ks2socal is on a distinguished road

ks2socal's Tacoma Gallery
Crew cab or access cab, any severe limitations on the rear end with either?

Im still not sure on the 2nd gen or 1st gen yet either.

It seems that I should do a good amount of gusseting and reinforcing, maybe even make an engine cage. Is there anything else prone to breaking?

Remember I dont really want to "Huck" the truck.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #27
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks2socal View Post
Crew cab or access cab, any severe limitations on the rear end with either?

Im still not sure on the 2nd gen or 1st gen yet either.

It seems that I should do a good amount of gusseting and reinforcing, maybe even make an engine cage. Is there anything else prone to breaking?

Remember I dont really want to "Huck" the truck.
If you get a second gen buy the Total Chaos Cam Tab things. My buddy flattened his crawling. I flattened mine in the desert but they don't make them for 1st gens so I have to make my own. Those are used to keep alignment and to get into alignment.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:40 PM   #28
SKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the rough
Name: Garry
SKINUM's Tacoma Gallery
How are u all flattening those alignment tabs? I could see how it would happen I guess but doesn't seem like it would be easy to do.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:45 PM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
How are u all flattening those alignment tabs? I could see how it would happen I guess but doesn't seem like it would be easy to do.
those things are only 1/8" bent steel so if you tire hits anything pretty good. I.E. Rocks, holes, bumps it will bend those. I guess a cheap solution would be to weld behind them. Basically made a little wall of steel behind them for strength.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:48 PM   #30
SKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the roughSKINUM is a jewel in the rough
SKINUM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
those things are only 1/8" bent steel so if you tire hits anything pretty good. I.E. Rocks, holes, bumps it will bend those. I guess a cheap solution would be to weld behind them. Basically made a little wall of steel behind them for strength.
Ohhhhhh, so it's not something physically hitting the tabs. It's the impact they take from the tires hitting something and being transferred through.

I've been doing some slow wheeling for quite a while and have never bent one of the tabs. I guess if you have a little speed then that could certainly cause a problem.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #31
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take a picture of mine because I'm still cutting out my steel to make new ones. I'm not talking about the circle things but the tabs on the sides of them. Just making sure we are talking about the same things.
Old 08-14-2010, 07:55 PM   #32
SKINUM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I'll take a picture of mine because I'm still cutting out my steel to make new ones. I'm not talking about the circle things but the tabs on the sides of them. Just making sure we are talking about the same things.
K........I was thinking about the circular tabs. Got ya now!
Old 08-14-2010, 07:59 PM   #33
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Got it haha I figured you were so thats why I wanted to make sure we were talking about the same things.
Old 08-15-2010, 01:40 PM   #34
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
The All-Pro kit was designed with crawling in mind in my opinion...it's a well balanced kit perfect for crawling and does just fine in the high speed stuff... Just ask me and my brother! Or Tom (MonkeyProof)

Crawling with SUA...

Old 08-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #35
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
that double cab is crawling w/ spring under and bedcage, front and rear glass and a prerunner bumper... i like it.

you dont see that very often
Old 08-15-2010, 02:08 PM   #36
The Photo Ninja!
SiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiRMarlon is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marlon
SiRMarlon's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SiRMarlon
Jon has probably Rock Crawled that truck more then he's done high speed stuff!
Old 08-15-2010, 04:47 PM   #37
ks2socal is on a distinguished road

ks2socal's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the awesome pics! That SUA flex is pretty nice

The all-pro kit seems to be the most verastile and also least likely to lead me down the never ending rabbit hole of beefing up every last part on the truck
Old 08-15-2010, 05:50 PM   #38
SKINUM's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks2socal View Post
The all-pro kit seems to be the most verastile and also least likely to lead me down the never ending rabbit hole of beefing up every last part on the truck
Beefing up every last part is inevitable.
Old 08-15-2010, 06:19 PM   #39
TRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shedTRDguyKC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kris
TRDguyKC's Tacoma Gallery
subscribing. I hope to afford LT one of these days.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:04 PM   #40
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDguyKC View Post
subscribing. I hope to afford LT one of these days.
Join the club! I have the LT and now get to work on that whole "affording" it thing.