DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Multipurpose 4x4 Long Travel kit?

Old 08-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #41
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SKINUM View Post
Beefing up every last part is inevitable.
It never ends. NEVER!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Join the club! I have the LT and now get to work on that whole "affording" it thing.
Yeah Im ready to finish this part of the build and save some pennies.
Old 08-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #42
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
who needs long travel anyways. oakleytrd please, he gets the mad hook up at allpro. Any lt set up will be good in the rocks just watch the backend. I have done many trails with mine and not only desert. I am not 4x4 but have never needed it anyways, locker is all i need.
Any LT set up that works with four wheel drive.
Old 08-17-2010, 01:56 AM   #43
ks2socal is on a distinguished road

ks2socal's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06HAOLE View Post
It never ends. NEVER!!!!

Yeah Im ready to finish this part of the build and save some pennies.

Well I better learn how to weld myself, or the worst case scenario is I have to pay my buddy with a 30pack lol

It seems the coil buckets, spindles, UCA seem to get reinforced. I searched but didnt really see any engine cages. What else needs to be beefed up?
Old 08-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #44
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
motor mounts, core support, put a cross brace between the coil buckets, alignment cams, carrier bearing... and stuff will still break
Old 08-17-2010, 09:57 AM   #45
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ks2socal View Post
Well I better learn how to weld myself, or the worst case scenario is I have to pay my buddy with a 30pack lol

It seems the coil buckets, spindles, UCA seem to get reinforced. I searched but didnt really see any engine cages. What else needs to be beefed up?
Welding is important but metal work to include tube bending, notching, and design are really important too.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:43 PM   #46
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
motor mounts, core support, put a cross brace between the coil buckets, alignment cams, carrier bearing... and stuff will still break
THis ^^^
Old 08-17-2010, 05:52 PM   #47
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
THis ^^^
forgot to mention boxing the rear of the frame and gusseting the LCA mounts, upgrading the tie rods... and guess what... shit will still break haha