DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

I want long travel!

Old 08-10-2010, 12:36 PM   #21
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
On that day? Definitely.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #22
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Damn!

I managed to get my rack and pinion to skip a tooth.
Well it has a slight bow. It still goes into the alignment so I'll replace that later.

Wow man!
Old 08-10-2010, 12:56 PM   #23
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktmrider View Post
You both equally fail JK
Yes, i fail. I should of taken the corner wider. Couldn't see the rock at night until it was too late.
Old 08-10-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
Prepared for Bambi
Jason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shedJason'sLawnCare is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
Jason'sLawnCare's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
^^^

those dudes turn out some sick, i mean sick ass trucks
Oh yeah. I wouldn't mind playing in one of those trucks. I think I read somewhere that the truck I posted was somewhere around $400k.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:45 PM   #25
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yes, i fail. I should of taken the corner wider. Couldn't see the rock at night until it was too late.
fill up that light bar w/ some more HID's and maybe that wont happen again...

i didn't realize you broke so much shit on your truck. how fast were you going when you hit?

truck running again? bank account smaller?
Old 08-10-2010, 04:50 PM   #26
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fill up that light bar w/ some more HID's and maybe that wont happen again...

i didn't realize you broke so much shit on your truck. how fast were you going when you hit?

truck running again? bank account smaller?
THe lights weren't going to come in time.

when the bumper hit were doing 35ish and then when the tire hit we were doing 25.

The truck has been running. It just can't get aligned the right way until I replace the the spindle and lower ball joint thing that bolts to the spindle. Also i have to weld to alignment tabs on because mine are flat lol.
Total everything is like $300 so its not that much. I just had to put off the lights for longer.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:53 PM   #27
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

oh $300 isn't bad at all, i was expecting more

sucks when you have to put off buying crap, i'm soooo close to having all my rear LT parts... so close
Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #28
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah a used spindle is $100, a who new lower ball joint thing is $40, a new CV boot is $20, Alignments are $77 each. and then other random parts and crap. And beer and food for much buddies when they come over to help me rip it a part.
Old 08-10-2010, 04:57 PM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
If I want a new bumper you can add that too. but its not bad enough to replace it.
Old 08-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #30
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
here ya go, problem solved.

sell your truck and buy this... (i wish i could)

http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/t...second&id=2236

That is the perfect 1500 race truck
Old 08-10-2010, 05:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacorunner87 View Post
That is the perfect 1500 race truck
shit, i'd rock that thing as my DD hahaha
Old 08-11-2010, 05:07 PM   #32
MowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMowTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
MowTaco's Tacoma Gallery
It does the 5 luggers proud
Old 08-12-2010, 07:18 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTaco View Post
It does the 5 luggers proud
here's a killer 5 lug kit for ya...

http://jdfabrication.com/index.php?o...d=38&Itemid=64
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM   #34

so does the OP still want LT or did we kill his hopes and dreams?
Old 08-12-2010, 09:48 PM   #35
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
here's a killer 5 lug kit for ya...

http://jdfabrication.com/index.php?o...d=38&Itemid=64
too bad they dont make shit for the 05+ except total chaos
Old 08-12-2010, 09:51 PM   #36
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
too bad they dont make shit for the 05+ except total chaos
Considering thats all custom mounted you could use it on your truck. Most race kits don't bolt in like the TC, Engage, and Camburg. and all three of those are all great kits proven to take the abuse.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 PM   #37
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
i dont want lt. just a bolt on kit not made by TC. i want a small amount of options. tc monopolized the 05+ 5 lug market
Old 08-12-2010, 09:59 PM   #38
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
i dont want lt. just a bolt on kit not made by TC. i want a small amount of options. tc monopolized the 05+ 5 lug market
its cuz most people that have 5 lugs don't run lt. The only ones that do are people that are going to race because they like the small trucks. and they do custom stuff.

Side note do you think there is a market for a Fox or King Replacement coilover for the the 05+ 5-Lugs? Like the ones they make for the 6-lugs?
Old 08-12-2010, 10:03 PM   #39
Thread Jacker

schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
its cuz most people that have 5 lugs don't run lt. The only ones that do are people that are going to race because they like the small trucks. and they do custom stuff.

Side note do you think there is a market for a Fox or King Replacement coilover for the the 05+ 5-Lugs? Like the ones they make for the 6-lugs?
at the moment no. the only manufacturers that make 5 lug compatible C/Os for 05+ are IVD and Racerunner SAWs, and the only ppl i know of that makes UCAs is TC for 5 luggers. but i hear some mumbling about Built right UCAs making some for 5 luggers. if they made Coilovers that replaced stock for 5 lugs id be all over it without needing new UCAs
Old 08-12-2010, 10:05 PM   #40
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Thats what I'm asking. Would people buy a Fox or King replacement c/o for the 5-lugs? I'm doing market research for something.