DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

New long travel tw section!!!

Old 08-19-2010, 08:44 PM   #21
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
Oh that is what I thought. I saw that tacoma on sale on TTORA. How you liking the tacoma thus far?
I like it. its a fun little truck. I miss the inside of my old 06. But I get more compliments in this one. The only one bad thing is its a freakin' cop magnet.
Old 08-19-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
I have access to a plasma cutter. If you make a CNC code for it I could probably run a few to see how they turn out, but you gotta make the code
Yeah I have no idea how to make the code. i was just going to make card stock templates and then take them somewhere. Is there a software I can scan in the stuff or build it in?
Old 08-19-2010, 08:57 PM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yeah I have no idea how to make the code. i was just going to make card stock templates and then take them somewhere. Is there a software I can scan in the stuff or build it in?
Solid Edge is what we were "taught" to use. They have a program within that you can draw a template for whatever you want to cut, it takes into account the size of the plasma cutter and whatnot then it writes a code. You plug the computer up to it and the program will run itself once you zero out the axis. I think we get a student addition of Solid Edge for free so I am not sure how much it runs on regular user, but it is a very useful software.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 PM   #24
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
bah.. maybe i should do an official build thingy about my taco since we're bonafide and have our own section now hahahah
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #25
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
Solid Edge is what we were "taught" to use. They have a program within that you can draw a template for whatever you want to cut, it takes into account the size of the plasma cutter and whatnot then it writes a code. You plug the computer up to it and the program will run itself once you zero out the axis. I think we get a student addition of Solid Edge for free so I am not sure how much it runs, but it is a very useful software.
Is it the same thing as solid works?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:04 PM   #26
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

^ I do think so!
Old 08-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Its an amazing software for my contract manufacturing business I work with some venders who make amazing parts I just cant really show them
Old 08-19-2010, 09:25 PM   #28
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
For you 1st Gen guys: I'm going to be making gussets for a bunch of different things. Lca mounts, motor mounts, Boxing in the frame, maybe something for the alignment tabs. when i make all of my stuff I'm going to make templates for everything so i can make more for everyone and they will be cheap cuz we are all broke because our rigs.
shit yeah alex, i'm already interested

when you gonna start making all these things?
Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 PM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
shit yeah alex, i'm already interested

when you gonna start making all these things?
I might try to make a template this weekend if its not too hot and see how it is. I just thought i'd trow it out there.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:43 PM   #30
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
You have any ideas of ones I should see if I can make?
Old 08-20-2010, 06:13 AM   #31
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
You have any ideas of ones I should see if I can make?
not really, the 3 big ones you already said you were gonna do: LCA mounts, motor mounts, and boxed rear frame
Old 08-20-2010, 09:11 PM   #32
Almost there

I was reading over a TTORA a lot of LT guys talking about boxing frame so I figured Id post in here my question. In order to box the frame lets say for the rear, pretty much you take a measurement of the frame and cut out of some sheets of 1/8" thick metal then weld them on? Or is there a bigger picture I am missing here?
Old 08-31-2010, 09:38 PM   #33

I loveee hillclimbs. Especially in the sand
Old 08-31-2010, 09:40 PM   #34
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Latest pictures of me wheeling at Sand Lake

Old 09-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04LTtacoma View Post
that looks familiar... haha truck looks great zach

Old 09-01-2010, 11:43 AM   #36
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
that looks familiar... haha truck looks great zach

pffffffffffffffffffft

i got you BOTH beat!!!!

hahahahhaahahah

Old 09-01-2010, 12:01 PM   #37
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Haha well played mike,well played
Old 09-01-2010, 04:21 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
pffffffffffffffffffft

i got you BOTH beat!!!!

hahahahhaahahah
aw man...who invited Mike to this party?! haha
Old 09-01-2010, 04:24 PM   #40
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
THIS IS THE GAYEST SECTION EVER........................
PS IM HATING REAL HARD....I WANT SO BAD