1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

***limit straps****

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by sandman427, Aug 18, 2010.

1. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:17 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    WAY THE HELL OUT THERE, So Cal
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    so the long travel is looking more and more appealing lol.... but can anyone chime in on the limit straps.... I am running the camburg 4" race spindle and King 2.5 by 6" travel shock.... i know the 6" is to short for the long travel (8" or above) but is it possible to run a shorter limit strap... granted u will lose travel and all....??? But u wont destroy the shock due to the straps saving it... the reason y is that i will sooner or later get a longer shock... but was curious if that setup would work...???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

2. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:24 PM
    mjp2

mjp2 Living vicariously through myself Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Milton Juevo Portimous II
    NJ
    Vehicle:
    Current: '21 Bronco Badlands. Previous: '06 TRD Access Cab, v6, 6-speed
    You'll need to mount everything up and measure the distance between the strap mounting points to determine what length to buy, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Should be fine.

3. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:25 PM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Yea baby!

4. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:27 PM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    you just gotta cycle everything when it's on man, do with with the wheels straight and full locked, and everything in between.

EDIT: you want the limit straps to come into effect not just before the shocks hit full extension, but also your tie rods

5. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:32 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Yea baby!

6. Aug 18, 2010 at 1:36 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    and to add on to what everyone else said. make sure they hold before the Uniball is at max. this will help them last a long time.

7. Aug 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    2 ten inch kicker cvt subs, pioneer deck and alpine 1000 watt class D amp, and flowmaster exhaust, 4 inch camburg lift spindles and my coilover is adjusted to 1" (5inch total) in front and 3" All Pro leafs, KING off road racing reservoir shocks and coil-overs, KR FAB CUSTOM BUMPER with three 9" HELLA 4000 Race LIGHTS , HID headlights with rigid amber LEDs , "KR Fabrication" custom built bumper, sliders and tiregate, Full size spare with matching rim, custom bed bar with two amber off road lights, cb radio, also BHLM (thanks Ray), and debagged
    Right on... I would assume it would work.. I called camburg today but no answer due to them being at a race for the next couple of days... I think I'm gonna start piecing together soon... Lol

8. Aug 18, 2010 at 3:31 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Thanks arron and Ames... Good to know...

9. Aug 18, 2010 at 3:50 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Wouldn't that be up to the limit strap?? Thanks for the help??

10. Aug 18, 2010 at 3:59 PM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    jeez u fucked up my name bad

11. Aug 18, 2010 at 4:02 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    :woot::bananadance::taco::rockband:
    Amir is going LT!!!!

Please get new wheels with that LT Setup

12. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:03 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    My bad lol...

13. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:04 PM
    blackhawke88

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
  14. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:05 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    It's gonna be a bit before I do it cuz i wanna get regeared first.. I like my bro ass rims... I ain't afraid of putting it in the dirt that's for sure!!! Lol

15. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:07 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    I'm gonna focus on the front and get it complete before i start anything else... The rear won't be don't for a while except for maybe glass...

16. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:11 PM
    jdkeller

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    So the bedsaver kit from engage. That's a cool setup.

17. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:19 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    You should do the rear first. Alot
    Of LT guys say the rear is what slows you down.

18. Aug 18, 2010 at 5:27 PM
    08pretaco

08pretaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    az
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tundra 4x4 CM 5.7L SR5
    @ADSracingshocks - F 3 point ohh / R 2.5 - w/clickers @camburgracing - uniball UCA @rigidindustries - 40" amber/white split, Dually XL, D2 @coopertires - 35/12.5/17 STT MAXX @bayareametalfab - low pro bed rack @toyotausa - 17" rock warrior @sdhqoffroad - rock sliders, a-pillar @hondogarage / @apple / @gaiagps / @dualgps- navigation @wheelersoffroadinc - superbumps
    X2 on getting the rear ready for the front when you happen to get around to it! rear is much more inportant especially with what you are working with in front for the time being!

19. Aug 18, 2010 at 6:28 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    Yes zziirrr

20. Aug 18, 2010 at 6:30 PM
    sandman427

sandman427 [OP] KR FAB

Member:
    First Name:
    Amir
    Vehicle:
    BAMF TACO!!
    U guys might be right... Been debating on that first... I wanna get glass first and paint it... Cuz I know coming down to the stretch I'll run outta money and fuck around and have white fenders lol

Products Discussed in

To Top