DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

***limit straps****

Old 08-18-2010, 01:17 PM   #1
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Amir
sandman427's Tacoma Gallery
***limit straps****

so the long travel is looking more and more appealing lol.... but can anyone chime in on the limit straps.... I am running the camburg 4" race spindle and King 2.5 by 6" travel shock.... i know the 6" is to short for the long travel (8" or above) but is it possible to run a shorter limit strap... granted u will lose travel and all....??? But u wont destroy the shock due to the straps saving it... the reason y is that i will sooner or later get a longer shock... but was curious if that setup would work...???
Old 08-18-2010, 01:24 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
You'll need to mount everything up and measure the distance between the strap mounting points to determine what length to buy, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Should be fine.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
you just gotta cycle everything when it's on man, do with with the wheels straight and full locked, and everything in between.

EDIT: you want the limit straps to come into effect not just before the shocks hit full extension, but also your tie rods
Old 08-18-2010, 01:36 PM   #6
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
and to add on to what everyone else said. make sure they hold before the Uniball is at max. this will help them last a long time.
Old 08-18-2010, 03:30 PM   #7
KR FAB
sandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsandman427 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
You'll need to mount everything up and measure the distance between the strap mounting points to determine what length to buy, but there's no reason why it wouldn't work. Should be fine.
Right on... I would assume it would work.. I called camburg today but no answer due to them being at a race for the next couple of days... I think I'm gonna start piecing together soon... Lol
Old 08-18-2010, 03:31 PM   #8
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
you just gotta cycle everything when it's on man, do with with the wheels straight and full locked, and everything in between.

EDIT: you want the limit straps to come into effect not just before the shocks hit full extension, but also your tie rods
Thanks arron and Ames... Good to know...
Old 08-18-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
and to add on to what everyone else said. make sure they hold before the Uniball is at max. this will help them last a long time.
Wouldn't that be up to the limit strap?? Thanks for the help??
Old 08-18-2010, 03:59 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
Thanks arron and Ames... Good to know...
jeez u fucked up my name bad
Old 08-18-2010, 04:02 PM   #11
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery

Amir is going LT!!!!

Please get new wheels with that LT Setup

Old 08-18-2010, 05:04 PM   #13
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

^ it's
Old 08-18-2010, 05:05 PM   #14
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post

Amir is going LT!!!!

Please get new wheels with that LT Setup

It's gonna be a bit before I do it cuz i wanna get regeared first.. I like my bro ass rims... I ain't afraid of putting it in the dirt that's for sure!!! Lol
Old 08-18-2010, 05:19 PM   #17
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman427 View Post
I'm gonna focus on the front and get it complete before i start anything else... The rear won't be don't for a while except for maybe glass...
You should do the rear first. Alot
Of LT guys say the rear is what slows you down.
Old 08-18-2010, 05:27 PM   #18
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on getting the rear ready for the front when you happen to get around to it! rear is much more inportant especially with what you are working with in front for the time being!
Old 08-18-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
KR FAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
You should do the rear first. Alot
Of LT guys say the rear is what slows you down.
U guys might be right... Been debating on that first... I wanna get glass first and paint it... Cuz I know coming down to the stretch I'll run outta money and fuck around and have white fenders lol