Notices

TC long travel w/ race runners

Old 08-20-2010, 09:08 PM   #1
evansa22 is on a distinguished road
Name: Aaron
evansa22's Tacoma Gallery
TC long travel w/ race runners

Hey guys,
Just bought the truck and have a few questions. its an 04 4x4 trd, came with total chaos lt kit and race runner coilovers. My questions are, first, the spring is set with the locking ring at about half way up the threads, by raising it, what would the effects be? Lowered front end? Little softer compression? Camber change? Also, 4x4 works fine, but wondering if the truck has modified axles, the front axles say manufactured by CRE, ne one have info on this?
Thanks in advance appreciate ne help,
ps the truck has very slight positive camber right now(i think, top out)

i'm trying to figure out how to post pics, sorry
Old 08-20-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Small and Tall
tacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacobell007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Drew
tacobell007's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to tacobell007
Here is how you can post pictures if you are still having trouble. click your name on the top right of the home page. then on the left there should be camera, click on that. in the blue bar across the top, all the way on the right it should say upload. then just click and upload. once the pictures are done uploading, click on one, copy the link UNDER the picture and paste it in the reply box for each picture you want to put up.

Since I know I suck at explaining things, here is a link on how to do it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new...rum-posts.html
Old 08-20-2010, 10:22 PM   #3
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Yes the truck has modified axles, there aftermarket that work with the LT kit. Raising the upper spring seat will soften the ride and lower the front end too. You should post pics of it b
Old 08-20-2010, 10:28 PM   #4
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
I have the same kit as you man except I have Kings up front. when you turn the lock rings up its going to lower the front and its also going to soften the ride a bit. That could be both good and bad. Good for on road but bad if its too soft in the desert. Your trucks axles are long then stock. they are actually the same width as tundra axles. I have oem tundra's in mine. and if the alignment is off just take it in and have it done. If you can post a picture of the coilovers I wanna see how far they are cranked.
Old 08-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on pics of the CO's

what suspension you got going on in the rear of the truck?

i have the same kit as you, but w/ diff shocks and i'm 2WD
Old 08-22-2010, 11:01 AM   #6
tacobell ur badass, heres some pics for now, need to take more.
the lock ring is cranked right at about half way up the threads, btw my first toyota, previous truck was a stock s10 that i had dreams of prerunning but in the end wasn't the right truck to start with, love this thing tho. Also rear is stock from what i can tell, has the bilsteins that come with trd package, once i get this thing all paid off, will be putting a four link setup but thats down the road, throwing in some e3 plugs today and gonna order some spindle gussets to start on suspension. thanks for the help

Old 08-22-2010, 04:21 PM   #8
thanks
Old 08-22-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
got the e3's in, quicker start up, can't tell difference other than that. Did the grey wire mod, works perfect. had a q, more of a suspension, than long travel but thought i'd ask neway, i have some rancho rs 5000 from my dad's jeep he took off, would they be better to swap into the rear, or should i keep the bilsteins? they look a little beefier, but not sure about performance, just need to swap the rubber bushings on them and should work no prob.
thanks guys
Old 08-22-2010, 11:32 PM   #10
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Try twisting those collars up .5" and see if you like it. You've got plenty of room there so don't worry about losing any lift.

From my experience, just because those RR C/Os have all of that adjustment, it doesn't mean it rides good at any position. I had a ruff ride when I was playing with my ride height, backed it off .5" and it's super smooth now.

Also, it's much easier to turn the collar if you separate the balljoint from the spindle. And make sure that on your last turn that little lock screw on the collar is on the outside so you can get to it.
Old 08-23-2010, 04:41 PM   #11
Thanks for the advice nvd, not really concerned with ride on road but thought a little softer might b better for off road to absorb the bumps. As of now I have no clue when I will b able to try adjusting the co's as I'm workin 6-7 days a week and starting school tonight but will update when I can. Ne one know about the rear shock ? Thanks guys