1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

TC long travel w/ race runners

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by evansa22, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 9:08 PM
    evansa22

evansa22 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 trd 4x4
    front fg, aem cai, total chaos long travel front suspension with SAW coilovers
    Hey guys,
    Just bought the truck and have a few questions. its an 04 4x4 trd, came with total chaos lt kit and race runner coilovers. My questions are, first, the spring is set with the locking ring at about half way up the threads, by raising it, what would the effects be? Lowered front end? Little softer compression? Camber change? Also, 4x4 works fine, but wondering if the truck has modified axles, the front axles say manufactured by CRE, ne one have info on this?
    Thanks in advance appreciate ne help,
    ps the truck has very slight positive camber right now(i think, top out)

i'm trying to figure out how to post pics, sorry

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    Here is how you can post pictures if you are still having trouble. click your name on the top right of the home page. then on the left there should be camera, click on that. in the blue bar across the top, all the way on the right it should say upload. then just click and upload. once the pictures are done uploading, click on one, copy the link UNDER the picture and paste it in the reply box for each picture you want to put up.

Since I know I suck at explaining things, here is a link on how to do it http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/new-members/9991-how-embed-photos-into-forum-posts.html

3. Aug 20, 2010 at 10:22 PM
    dysfunctnlretard

dysfunctnlretard Hi

Member:
    First Name:
    Manny
    CA
    Vehicle:
    2021 Jeep Rubicon
    Yes the truck has modified axles, there aftermarket that work with the LT kit. Raising the upper spring seat will soften the ride and lower the front end too. You should post pics of it b

4. Aug 20, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    amaes

amaes Cuz Stock Sucks

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2011 FJ Built
    ICON Stage 6, RCI Skids, Blacked out
    I have the same kit as you man except I have Kings up front. when you turn the lock rings up its going to lower the front and its also going to soften the ride a bit. That could be both good and bad. Good for on road but bad if its too soft in the desert. Your trucks axles are long then stock. they are actually the same width as tundra axles. I have oem tundra's in mine. and if the alignment is off just take it in and have it done. If you can post a picture of the coilovers I wanna see how far they are cranked.

5. Aug 21, 2010 at 6:20 AM
    nelson18matt

nelson18matt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Goodyear, Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2004 Long Travel Tacoma
    *SOLD*
    X2 on pics of the CO's

what suspension you got going on in the rear of the truck?

i have the same kit as you, but w/ diff shocks and i'm 2WD

6. Aug 22, 2010 at 11:01 AM
    evansa22

evansa22 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 trd 4x4
    tacobell ur badass, heres some pics for now, need to take more.
    the lock ring is cranked right at about half way up the threads, btw my first toyota, previous truck was a stock s10 that i had dreams of prerunning but in the end wasn't the right truck to start with, love this thing tho. Also rear is stock from what i can tell, has the bilsteins that come with trd package, once i get this thing all paid off, will be putting a four link setup but thats down the road, throwing in some e3 plugs today and gonna order some spindle gussets to start on suspension. thanks for the help
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Aug 22, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    tacobell007

tacobell007 Western Mass Automotive Coatings

Member:
    First Name:
    Drew
    Western MA
    Vehicle:
    06 Regular Cab Lifted
    Eibach springs, OME Dakars, Walker Evans remote resi coilovers with adjustable dampening, Icon tubular uniball UCAs, Icon ext travel rear shocks, Kenwood in-dash nav receiver, Kicker 10 inch sub in a ported truck box, Alpine 250 watt amp, stickers, Rigid 32" gang box, LED tool box lights, 35% tint, Flowmaster Super 44 muffler, 35x12.5x17 Mastercraft Courser MXT's, Fuel Off-Road Trophy d551 in 17x8.5, Retros, white corner marker bulbs, color matched front grille, custom satoshi grille mod with matching Toyota badge, aFe Pro5R drop in filter, diff breather mod, new frame from recall, SOS concepts front plate, SOS concepts rear high clearance plate with swing out and full size spare, SOS bolt-on sliders with kickout, 22" LED bar, flush mount pods in rear plate bumper for aux reverse lights, Rigid Industries dually's on SOS ditch light brackets, 5.29 Nitro gears, ARB front air locker, Detroit locker in the rear
    no problem. sweet looking truck you have

8. Aug 22, 2010 at 4:21 PM
    evansa22

evansa22 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 trd 4x4
    thanks

9. Aug 22, 2010 at 5:43 PM
    evansa22

evansa22 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 trd 4x4
    got the e3's in, quicker start up, can't tell difference other than that. Did the grey wire mod, works perfect. had a q, more of a suspension, than long travel but thought i'd ask neway, i have some rancho rs 5000 from my dad's jeep he took off, would they be better to swap into the rear, or should i keep the bilsteins? they look a little beefier, but not sure about performance, just need to swap the rubber bushings on them and should work no prob.
    thanks guys

10. Aug 22, 2010 at 11:32 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Try twisting those collars up .5" and see if you like it. You've got plenty of room there so don't worry about losing any lift.

From my experience, just because those RR C/Os have all of that adjustment, it doesn't mean it rides good at any position. I had a ruff ride when I was playing with my ride height, backed it off .5" and it's super smooth now.

Also, it's much easier to turn the collar if you separate the balljoint from the spindle. And make sure that on your last turn that little lock screw on the collar is on the outside so you can get to it.

11. Aug 23, 2010 at 4:41 PM
    evansa22

evansa22 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    SD
    Vehicle:
    04 trd 4x4
    Thanks for the advice nvd, not really concerned with ride on road but thought a little softer might b better for off road to absorb the bumps. As of now I have no clue when I will b able to try adjusting the co's as I'm workin 6-7 days a week and starting school tonight but will update when I can. Ne one know about the rear shock ? Thanks guys

Products Discussed in

To Top