DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #35181
All right. I believe ya. But my Tommy Gun don't!
disc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the sheddisc0monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

disc0monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
i solid mounted the lowers....no more moving cams
write up?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #35182
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
write up?
I think he also has Heimed uppers which is why he can solid mount
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #35183
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by disc0monkey View Post
write up?
1) Drink beer
2) Weld the cams to the frame
3) Drink beer
Old 05-23-2013, 12:30 PM   #35184
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
1) Drink beer
3) Drink beer
yup...pretty easy
Old 05-23-2013, 02:05 PM   #35185
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
1) Drink beer
3) Drink beer
4) bend the shit out of the whole mount

Or...

1)Incorporate MJP2 style cam tabs that also gusset the entire LCA mount, never worry again
Old 05-23-2013, 02:08 PM   #35186
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Sick Nick completely plated my LCA mounts:
Old 05-23-2013, 02:46 PM   #35187
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
i have the TC cam tab gussets for a 2nd gen that poly sent me the wrong ones. Havent even opened them yet, but need to gusset mine up asap! driver side one is bent back to hell.. but ive heard the whole on the 2nd gen cam tab gussetts is smaller than the ones for first gens?? anyone know if this is true? if soo ill prob just make my own or drill these out bigger.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:13 PM   #35188
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
oh okay.

vince at sdhq hooked it up with some TC ones. hopefully ill get them on by next weekend .
Old 05-23-2013, 03:27 PM   #35189
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
i have the TC cam tab gussets for a 2nd gen that poly sent me the wrong ones. Havent even opened them yet, but need to gusset mine up asap! driver side one is bent back to hell.. but ive heard the whole on the 2nd gen cam tab gussetts is smaller than the ones for first gens?? anyone know if this is true? if soo ill prob just make my own or drill these out bigger.
If they are not opened up bring em on in and ill swap em out for ya.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:28 PM   #35190
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
oh okay.

vince at sdhq hooked it up with some TC ones. hopefully ill get them on by next weekend .
They just left!
Old 05-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #35191
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Hey guys this strange squeak just started happening in my steering wheel. Its coming from the steering wheel for sure but no vibes or handling issues. And it only squeaks when turning left, any ideas? Just got me kinda concerned since I'll be in the desert the next three days, thanks!

http://youtu.be/z2q9GnPCT0g
Old 05-23-2013, 06:51 PM   #35192
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Hey guys this strange squeak just started happening in my steering wheel. Its coming from the steering wheel for sure but no vibes or handling issues. And it only squeaks when turning left, any ideas? Just got me kinda concerned since I'll be in the desert the next three days, thanks!

http://youtu.be/z2q9GnPCT0g
Sounds like your clock spring is screwed up. Horn work and all that jazz?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #35193
linked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shedlinked2002 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines:
linked2002's Tacoma Gallery
damn flux capacitor fell outta sync. hate when that shit happens.

but really though, does it do it while it is parked but the engine is running (basically when its sitting yet the engine is still powering the steering box so its easier to turn. if so, park that thing, disassemble the plastic around the column, and have someone turn it while you get your ear in there. if need be, use a mechanics stethoscope if its still hard to tell. will pinpoint that squeeky u joint or bushing no issue.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:20 PM   #35194
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Sounds like your clock spring is screwed up. Horn work and all that jazz?
Thats what I thought as well. It literally sounds like a spring binding too. The horn hasn't worked for a couple months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by linked2002 View Post
damn flux capacitor fell outta sync. hate when that shit happens.

but really though, does it do it while it is parked but the engine is running (basically when its sitting yet the engine is still powering the steering box so its easier to turn. if so, park that thing, disassemble the plastic around the column, and have someone turn it while you get your ear in there. if need be, use a mechanics stethoscope if its still hard to tell. will pinpoint that squeeky u joint or bushing no issue.
Lol, yeah it does it while driving and sitting still.

I'll take it apart tonight and see where that goes
Old 05-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #35195
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Thats what I thought as well. It literally sounds like a spring binding too. The horn hasn't worked for a couple months.
clock spring for sure...they aren't cheap either
Old 05-23-2013, 11:05 PM   #35196
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
curious to ask, has anyone flattened there cam tabs before?
Haven't flattened my can tabs yet but I've cracked all of my mounts on both sides

Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #35197
Tycoma is on a distinguished road
Air Force: Mother F-In Crew Chief
Name: TY
Tycoma's Tacoma Gallery
What an alignment shop did to my truck and didn't tell me, I went back like 10 mins after I noticed it and they told me that it was because I beat the shit out of my truck in the 10 mins it took me to get back to the shop. Then they tell me that my truck wouldn't align right and thats why they flattened them. I bent them back over welded the backs and aligned the truck my self on their machine and got my money back.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-img_0078.jpg  
Old 05-24-2013, 04:27 AM   #35198
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Wow!..

If your cams are maxed out just from a potentially shotty alignment job there might be issues somewhere else in your front end. What are your alignment numbers?
Old 05-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #35199
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Lol, yeah it does it while driving and sitting still.

I'll take it apart tonight and see where that goes
My horn stopped working, but cruise control still worked for a while....now neither work. Makes a funky lil noise too. Dam clock springs.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #35200
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyProof View Post
Haven't flattened my can tabs yet but I've cracked all of my mounts on both sides
yeah, i noticed mine started cracking about a month or two ago as well.

edit: my temporary derp (i meant cam) tabs till my TC ones show up.

Products Discussed in this Thread