DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #35181
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
bumped and strapped. Taking it out today for some desert miles for the first time long traveled.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:00 PM   #35182
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FBGW01 View Post
bumped and strapped. Taking it out today for some desert miles for the first time long traveled.
Why is the bump so far down in the mount?
Old 05-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #35183
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Why is the bump so far down in the mount?
because i mounted the damm can an inch to high
Old 05-30-2013, 02:11 PM   #35184
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Damn I hat to say but I don't think they will stay there, its probably going to slide up
Old 05-30-2013, 02:15 PM   #35185
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
because i mounted the damm can an inch to high
sleeve a piece of tubing over it
Old 05-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #35186

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn I hat to say but I don't think they will stay there, its probably going to slide up
idk, its pretty dammm snug! like when i welded it, it got a lot tighter so the bump squeezed in there barely. had to use a rubber mallet, and i torqued the bolts down pretty snug.. I'll see how it does today and if it moves, ill prob do what he said vvv
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTFtacoma View Post
see this is why i need tacomaworld! thanks man
Old 05-30-2013, 02:33 PM   #35187
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
X2 on the sleeve, ive seen too many bump stops fly out *cough cough, Anthony*
Old 05-30-2013, 02:34 PM   #35188
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Ive also seen my buddy's bump stop get stuck halfway because he tightened it too tight, which was weird. When he loosened up the bolts on the can, it worked fine.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #35189
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
It also looks like you might want it up there anyways.

That bump is damn near in "play" already...you're gonna feel that bumpstop on every little bump you hit. Might consider shortening the stroke on that too.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:40 PM   #35190
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
X2 on the sleeve, ive seen too many bump stops fly out *cough cough, Anthony*
Old 05-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #35191
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
see this is why i need tacomaworld! thanks man
http://www.onlinemetals.com/merchant...83&top_cat=197

I make my small orders on here
Old 05-30-2013, 02:45 PM   #35192

FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post

That bump is damn near in "play" already...you're gonna feel that bumpstop on every little bump you hit. Might consider shortening the stroke on that too.
its a 2.5 inch stroke, and the angle of the pic makes it look close, but it has quite a bit of clearance before hitting the strike pad. im not worried, i think i can push it up like another .5 inch and it will still stop my shock from bottoming out.
Old 05-30-2013, 02:59 PM   #35193
Señor member

Quote:
Ive also seen my buddy's bump stop get stuck halfway because he tightened it too tight, which was weird. When he loosened up the bolts on the can, it worked fine.
I was going to say this. If its tight enough to hold in place without the sleeve it can squeeze the body of the bump and bind the piston inside. If you have the bump slid up all the way the piston will not travel down to the bottom bolt anyway though, your friend may have just needed to loosen the upper pinch bolt a little

Quote:
^Best solution
Old 05-30-2013, 04:21 PM   #35194
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NwiTACO View Post

Quote:
bumps are touching strike pad at ride height so owner can either shorten bumps are increase preload on shocks, or do nothing. Riding on bumps at ride height will only affect the ride at, you guessed it, ride height. Which means, if you spent a shit load of money building a desert rig only to complain about how it rides on the street, then this may be a problem for you. Once you are in the desert and start cycling the suspension like what the truck is supposed to do (operate off road), then there really isnt a ride height, and the bumps are doing their job by adding more dampening and bottoming out just before the primary shocks bottom out.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:33 AM   #35195
brokeandstuck is on a distinguished road
Name: ed
brokeandstuck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Don't let your shock bottom out. 90% of that kind of damage is from poor shock set up
after looking at this pic i went to look at my truck and i just noticed i have the same problem. Guess its back to the shop.
Old 05-31-2013, 10:35 AM   #35196
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Quote:
its a 2.5 inch stroke, and the angle of the pic makes it look close, but it has quite a bit of clearance before hitting the strike pad. im not worried, i think i can push it up like another .5 inch and it will still stop my shock from bottoming out.
Did you cycle it ?
Old 05-31-2013, 12:33 PM   #35197
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Old 05-31-2013, 12:37 PM   #35198
Señor member

Robby qualifying photo, I havent seen a rear end with the driveshaft that far off center before ??

Old 05-31-2013, 12:38 PM   #35199
Banned
SoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCaltaco65 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
SoCaltaco65's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post

Old 05-31-2013, 12:42 PM   #35200
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Quote:
Robby qualifying photo, I havent seen a rear end with the driveshaft that far off center before ??

i think that truck may be 4x4, so the tranny is off set so the transfer case and front drive shaft can be center with the center mounted front diff. Same with pro4 trucks, i believe.

Products Discussed in this Thread