DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-23-2013, 01:28 AM   #35841
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
does that mean youll finally drive it ?

or as cory said "compress the rear bypasses"
Haha with a new rear bumper, a spare, and a jack I think the bypasses will compress
Edit: oh wait let me specify the rear bypasses I now have 2 sets
Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 AM   #35842
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
So much
Old 06-23-2013, 01:34 AM   #35843
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
disregard
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #35844
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
does that mean youll finally drive it ?
Debatable
Old 06-23-2013, 09:19 AM   #35845
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
I rest my case... lol
Get those 300$ ones while you are in sd
Old 06-23-2013, 10:30 AM   #35846
J Prich is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jason
J Prich's Tacoma Gallery
A little late in getting this done and sorry I can't seem to be able to figure out how to embed but 6 months later here's a little video put together from our first race at the HDRA South Point race in January. Ended up moving from DC to England about 60 days after the race so have been a bit tied up trying to get through all that but hope to get back to the truck one more time this year.

Huge thanks to Matt at MCM Fab for building an amazing front kit that took everything we could throw at it without missing a beat. I sold the Camburg LT kit off my truck and replaced it with Matt's Tacoma Race Kit and I couldn't be happier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPc4YxAQMqs
Old 06-23-2013, 03:01 PM   #35847
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by battlescars View Post
Have you been hitting the sides of the spindle around the rod end?
Yep, get 2 equally BMFH & "ping" it off , hitting it on 2 sides w/2 hammers at the same time will free it from spindle (if thats where its stuck)
Old 06-23-2013, 04:37 PM   #35848
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Prich View Post
A little late in getting this done and sorry I can't seem to be able to figure out how to embed but 6 months later here's a little video put together from our first race at the HDRA South Point race in January. Ended up moving from DC to England about 60 days after the race so have been a bit tied up trying to get through all that but hope to get back to the truck one more time this year.

Huge thanks to Matt at MCM Fab for building an amazing front kit that took everything we could throw at it without missing a beat. I sold the Camburg LT kit off my truck and replaced it with Matt's Tacoma Race Kit and I couldn't be happier!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPc4YxAQMqs
Bad ass video! I would hate to have TT's coming up on my ass like that haha. Definitely some air time and definitely some close calls!
Old 06-24-2013, 05:31 AM   #35849
J Prich is on a distinguished road

Air Force:
Name: Jason
J Prich's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Bad ass video! I would hate to have TT's coming up on my ass like that haha. Definitely some air time and definitely some close calls!
LOL thanks. I wanted the vid to be sexier but a little operator error messed that plan up. We couldn't get the intecom wire to work with the camera so that was a bummer. And the Replays work great but the camera that's hard wired in to the cab might have come unplugged so it didnt start and the one facing back in to the cab has about 2.5 hours of battery but we started it before we staged and sat there forever so it lasted about 5 minutes in to the race. Oh well.

Anyway, was our first race ever and since I moved to Washington DC in 2010 I had very limited seat time in the truck. A few visits to Vegas to spend a day or two feeling it out but that was about it. On top of that for two years in DC I wasn't even driving to work since the Tacoma had been my DD. I was riding a bus to work at the Pentagon so for two years I didn't have much time behind the wheel of anything, much less a race truck in the dirt.

My wife did an awesome job in the right seat and we didn't have any issues with anyone. Scary though how you feel like you're cruising along at a good pace only to have a TT blow past you. Watching them go by standing still is pretty cool but its even crazier when you're doing 40 or 50 in the rough and thinking you're putting in work, only to have Cameron Steele blow past you at close to 100. It was an awesome time though for sure and minus one issue that compounded in to some other small issues the truck did great.
Old 06-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #35850
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Props man ^^

Badass
Old 06-25-2013, 04:42 AM   #35852
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nfs257 View Post
Might help you? I was looking into this:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...e-harness.html
Bringing thos up from earlier, those are ok, I have them In my vw bug and what a royal pita to setup! They have little arrows that you are suppose to line up vertically and horizontally which takes forever to do, then if you are on any type of a slope good luck trying to get them to extend. As well as the retract spring is soft as hell so I had to hook a bungee cord to the retract strap just so the harness would follow me when I leaned back in my seat.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #35853
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone in SoCal interested in picking up a Defined Kit?

Haven't made a for sale thread yet (will be this weekend or next week), looking for $800 OBO. Only thing missing from a new kit is the perch since it's welded on mine.

Great for someone looking to get the benefits from an SUA while keeping fab costs down while you build the rest of your truck.
Old 06-25-2013, 01:10 PM   #35854
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
hey im looking at the all pro 1.5" wheel spacers for my rear. Do I want hub centric or lug centric? I'm guessing hub centric
Old 06-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #35855
Just think outside the Yota
CayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedCayucosTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
CayucosTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
hey im looking at the all pro 1.5" wheel spacers for my rear. Do I want hub centric or lug centric? I'm guessing hub centric
Hub for sure
Old 06-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #35856
U MAD? OH U MAD

Old 06-25-2013, 02:07 PM   #35857
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CayucosTacoma View Post
Hub for sure
thanks!

On another note. It looks like my driver side leaf spring is binding or something. Its sort of sideways. The passenger side front mount lines directly up with the shackle mount. I wonder if this is why my drive side sits so low

The spring perches are even and I don't see anything wrong/bent on the mounts. Could it be a bad spring?

When I jack up the rear, the passenger side lifts off the ground before the driver side does.

Old 06-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #35858
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
thanks!

On another note. It looks like my driver side leaf spring is binding or something. Its sort of sideways. The passenger side front mount lines directly up with the shackle mount. I wonder if this is why my drive side sits so low

The spring perches are even and I don't see anything wrong/bent on the mounts. Could it be a bad spring?

When I jack up the rear, the passenger side lifts off the ground before the driver side does.

Hanger bent?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:32 PM   #35859

someone weld the spring purch to far in..?
Old 06-25-2013, 02:51 PM   #35860
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
now only if joe bro could afford them!

Products Discussed in this Thread