DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #35941
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys think a 2'' wheel spacer on the rear axle to help even up track width is excessive on a 2" over LT kit? Basically would return the trackwidth ratio to stock.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #35942
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Do you guys think a 2'' wheel spacer on the rear axle to help even up track width is excessive on a 2" over LT kit? Basically would return the trackwidth ratio to stock.
I would stick to 1.5" or less. Anything over 1.5" spacer wise scares me.
Old 06-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #35943
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Bigger spacer... more leverage... its up to you and how wide you want your track width to be, what you want tire wear to look like, how hard you want to be on your bearings and seals, etc. everyone says 1.5" and they have wider kits than you,so its more than likely unnecessary.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #35944
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
ntydog13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
any fabricators around here want to build some 89-95 2wd bj lift spindles? or know someone who makes a solid set? Don't really want to pay 350 for used fagtechs... but I will pay for quality....
I heard someone say zzr makes good shit
Old 06-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #35945
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Fuck ZZR lol. I gave him one last shot like two months ago...asked him to weld together a BAMF shock tower kit...and 'said' I wanted him to do the fab work to the truck...he sat on the kit for a month...told me it was done and ready for install...I kept asking for pic's of the finished towers...he kept asking why and then just not responding...I finally drove down to pick up the finished kits and was just gonna pay the difference(BAMF kit welded vs. unwelded) he literally avoided me at his own house for like 20 minutes and then when I finally cornered him asking for the kits he gets super pissy and basically throws my backpack(with the untouched kit) at me and says goodbye. He was angry because I hadn't payed him at all...I just kept asking him what he wanted to be paid for...for storing some metal lol??? Then he kept insisting he could weld up the kit in 30-45 minutes...

My favorite line was when I said "Zip, what have you done so far" "I've almost got it tacked up"..."Wait, you have it tacked or you don't?"..."Well, almost, it'll only take me like half an hour to get it all done"...

Buh-bye...I realize he's a shitty garage fab, but hey...I try to support local fabricators. But fuck man, he just digs himself a hole endlessly.
Old 06-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #35946
FBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFBGW01 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kaleb
FBGW01's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
X2
x3
Old 06-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #35947
aka Senor Tacorojo
EL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shedEL ROJO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CORY
EL ROJO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VolcomTacoma2011 View Post
Fuck ZZR lol. I gave him one last shot like two months ago...asked him to weld together a BAMF shock tower kit...and 'said' I wanted him to do the fab work to the truck...he sat on the kit for a month...told me it was done and ready for install...I kept asking for pic's of the finished towers...he kept asking why and then just not responding...I finally drove down to pick up the finished kits and was just gonna pay the difference(BAMF kit welded vs. unwelded) he literally avoided me at his own house for like 20 minutes and then when I finally cornered him asking for the kits he gets super pissy and basically throws my backpack(with the untouched kit) at me and says goodbye. He was angry because I hadn't payed him at all...I just kept asking him what he wanted to be paid for...for storing some metal lol??? Then he kept insisting he could weld up the kit in 30-45 minutes...

My favorite line was when I said "Zip, what have you done so far" "I've almost got it tacked up"..."Wait, you have it tacked or you don't?"..."Well, almost, it'll only take me like half an hour to get it all done"...

Buh-bye...I realize he's a shitty garage fab, but hey...I try to support local fabricators. But fuck man, he just digs himself a hole endlessly.
U r prolly better off not have his welds on something important!!!
Old 06-22-2013, 04:53 PM   #35948
VolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shedVolcomTacoma2011 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: Machinist Mate Third Class (Veteran 2011)
VolcomTacoma2011's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I mean, I totally realize that now...I gave him a last shot and he completely blew it...sooooo hey whatever...I gave another, better, fabricator the business and I'm nothing but happy with Jason's work.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #35949
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Our tie rods seem seized . Any help fellas
Old 06-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #35950
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Our tie rods seem seized . Any help fellas
In the spindle or the threads?
Old 06-22-2013, 07:27 PM   #35951
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Threads out of the steering
Old 06-22-2013, 07:29 PM   #35952
Professionull
battlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shedbattlescars is one of the sharper tools in the shed

battlescars's Tacoma Gallery
Have you been hitting the sides of the spindle around the rod end?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:29 PM   #35953
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
I heard someone say zzr makes good shit
must suck not to have anything better to do than troll on the internet.. what a sad life.

anyways... spindles anyone?
Old 06-22-2013, 11:34 PM   #35954
ntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedntydog13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
must suck not to have anything better to do than troll on the internet.. what a sad life.

anyways... spindles anyone?
Nah just get bored when my truck is getting caged think my life is pretty good right about now
Old 06-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #35956
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ntydog13 View Post
Nah just get bored when my truck is getting caged think my life is pretty good right about now
does that mean youll finally drive it ?

or as cory said "compress the rear bypasses"
Old 06-23-2013, 12:28 AM   #35957

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post

or as cory said "compress the rear bypasses"
Haha with a new rear bumper, a spare, and a jack I think the bypasses will compress
Edit: oh wait let me specify the rear bypasses I now have 2 sets
Old 06-23-2013, 12:29 AM   #35958
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
So much
Old 06-23-2013, 12:34 AM   #35959
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
disregard
Old 06-23-2013, 01:24 AM   #35960
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacokid09 View Post
Debatable

Products Discussed in this Thread