DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-15-2013, 11:50 AM   #36341
maXXXed out mid travel
straycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstraycat241 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: paul
straycat241's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Not trying to bash but after that video you need to be worried, doesn't matter how picky your spots are. What would you do if something breaks, or even a tire blows a bead when you are coming off the lip?
yaa this ^^ I'm allways worried my uca bolt is gonna shear or somthin crazy
Old 07-15-2013, 12:21 PM   #36342
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cr250jumper View Post
Not trying to bash but after that video you need to be worried, doesn't matter how picky your spots are. What would you do if something breaks, or even a tire blows a bead when you are coming off the lip?
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
yaa this ^^ I'm allways worried my uca bolt is gonna shear or somthin crazy
Well that could make things interesting... I'm not too worried about popping a bead. Surprisingly it has never seemed to be an issue. Even when crawling at 8psi. I usually run 20 psi in the sand.

As for other stuff breaking, like the UCA or LCA, well hopefully I just hold on for the ride and don't roll... I don't jump very often. I hit the sand once every few months or so but I usually do several jumps when I do go.

Every time I land I keep waiting to see my motor in my rearview mirror though... I need to get some motor mount gussets...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #36343
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Well that could make things interesting... I'm not too worried about popping a bead. Surprisingly it has never seemed to be an issue. Even when crawling at 8psi. I usually run 20 psi in the sand.

As for other stuff breaking, like the UCA or LCA, well hopefully I just hold on for the ride and don't roll... I don't jump very often. I hit the sand once every few months or so but I usually do several jumps when I do go.

Every time I land I keep waiting to see my motor in my rearview mirror though... I need to get some motor mount gussets...
How bout an engine cage alonf with a roll cage
Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #36344
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
ARP wheel studs is all. Everything else is stock. I have almost 30,000 miles on them, haven't changed the wheel bearings yet!

Awesome thanks Logan this gives me high hopes for my bearings considering I've got over 75+ lbs on each corner
Old 07-15-2013, 12:24 PM   #36345
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
How bout an engine cage alonf with a roll cage

I want this one and that LT kit.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...ml#post7140203
Old 07-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #36346
daredevildave has a spectacular aura aboutdaredevildave has a spectacular aura about

daredevildave's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/showthread.php?t=180539

Tuff Trucks racing at the OC Fair! Three days of racing at 8:00 PM.... be there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alon View Post
I just got off the phone with the guy in charge of the event. 2AM will be organizing all of the trucks and dealing with the entry. We are also going to help with track layout (running two at a time!!?!?) and

-CASH prizes to the top three spots
-2AM will do a FREE shock re valve for the LAST PLACE (must finish all laps) truck EACH DAY!

Race starts at 8:00 PM

Wednesday (24th) - Trucks
Thursday (25th) - UTV/Quad/Buggy
Friday(26th) - Trucks
Saturday (27th) UTV/Quad/Buggy
Sunday (28th) - Trucks

Entry Fee: $20
-Cage recommended but not required
-Must wear a helmet
-No passengers allowed

Send an email to Alon@2AMfabrication.com with the following:
-Full Name
-Phone number
-Vehicle info
-Which days you will attend
Old 07-15-2013, 07:56 PM   #36347
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
im looking to get new tires soon, options are bfg baja t/a's, pro comp a/t's, general grabbers, so far. it's for my half-ish dd, still debating about going up to 37's...but i feel 35's would be a better choice over all for the time being. what are your guys thoughts, also other tire suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 07-15-2013, 07:59 PM   #36348
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Baja T/A's are $$$$$$$$

My next set will be 37's.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:09 PM   #36349
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Baja T/A's are $$$$$$$$

My next set will be 37's.
ya they are but lets say if money wasn't a problem, would the bajas still be a good choice?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:10 PM   #36350
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 05tundra13 View Post
ya they are but lets say if money wasn't a problem, would the bajas still be a good choice?
Old 07-15-2013, 08:11 PM   #36351

Quote:
Theres a reason everyone has them for racing!

1. cause they are awesome

2. Cause they get them for free or a ridiculously cheaper rate from sponsorship.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:12 PM   #36352

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Old 07-15-2013, 08:13 PM   #36353

Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
ya, big deal i get tires for my b day.
Old 07-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #36354

Quote:
ya, big deal i get tires for my b day.
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires....7BTA&tab=Sizes

there you go 3 grand for 4
Old 07-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #36355

Quote:
i can get 6 for 3350 from another dude i know
Old 07-15-2013, 08:19 PM   #36356

Quote:
i can get 6 for 3350 from another dude i know
35s or 37s? Still i got my mickey thompsons for under 2k for 6
Old 07-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #36357

Quote:
35s or 37s? Still i got my mickey thompsons for under 2k for 6
for 37s
Old 07-15-2013, 09:00 PM   #36358
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I used to get a some new clothes for my birthday.....that was until I moved out on my own at 18. Now all I get is a card lol

I wish I would have grown up rich sometimes.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #36359
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
I used to get a some new clothes for my birthday.....that was until I moved out on my own at 18. Now all I get is a card lol

I wish I would have grown up rich sometimes.
Hahah at least you still get cards.

Products Discussed in this Thread