DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2013, 09:12 AM   #37721
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
Hankooks FTW
You seen the weight on those things? in the 37" they are the heaviest tire, even heavier than the grabber red labels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post
Everyone is running them because race trucks run them, but they are only running them because they get them for free
Only thing i can figure, they have no business being on a street legal truck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TC yota View Post

17"s
Old 08-29-2013, 11:20 AM   #37722
Its the Journey, not the Destination
SierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shedSierraExp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cliff
SierraExp's Tacoma Gallery
Still really happy with my Toyo MT's. Ill be on my second set on the Tacoma, I put a set on the 4Runner and the old mans Super Duty a couple weeks ago as well. At 20lbs in them this weekend on the Superduty they did really well. Took it all over while shooting pictures. I only buried it once and that was pulling out my buddies dodge with a loaded flatbed in tow through the really thick stuff and it pulled itself out once I took the strap off.

We only got 25k out of the set of Grabbers he had on the superduty before too, worst tire ever IMHO

If I ever bump to 37s on the Tacoma I'll go with Non-DOT Projects tho.
Old 08-29-2013, 11:25 AM   #37723
sirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsirhk100 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
sirhk100's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe time will tell different but as jprich mentioned, we're running grabbers on the race truck and it has nothing to do with a smoking deal or free tires. Trust me, I'm buying 2 for the race truck tomorrow most likely to replace the two flats we've had. Ugh... The one would've flatted any tire on the market! The stick thru the sidewall, if you'd seen it, I think it would've got just about any thing out there as well short of maybe a swamper. I'm running them on my expo which is daily driver. I had older goodyear MTR's on previously and the grabbers ride like I'm on glass compared to the the goodyears. They're insanely smooth and vibration free on the street. I don't have a single wheel weight on my wheels and I get only a VERY minor vibration at about 75mph.

Everyone likes pictures... Here's some to tell the story of how our/my experience with the grabbers have been.

This thing was BURIED in it... Blame this one on J-prich!!! (It actually still held air and took a few days to actually go flat)

Then again, we did this to a project so... Blame this one on me...

As for my expo...

The goodyears I had on it that I replaced with the GT's.

Here's how I use it when it's not on the street.

I'm running around at about 12psi with beadlocks here.

LOL, all the weight is transferred to that front tire and it's sitting perfectly on a rock that you can't see... But point being, even lower PSI they seem to be holding up fine.

Every tire on the market will go flat, if you know of one that doesn't please let me know. I've heard a lot of people talking crap on the GT's but my first hand experience has been 100% opposite of what everyone says. Maybe time will tell and my opinion will change but right now I have no issues with them. I love them on the street. I will say, I like them in the dirt better then the BFG KM2. J-prich used to have KM2's on his yota. He also used to complain about it being a bit sketchy like driving on ice above like 45mph with the rear wanting to come around easily quite often on regular dirt roads. I actually ended up with his KM2's in a barter with about 4K-5K miles on them. Only change I made on my truck was I mounted them... Now my truck slides and feels a bit icy at speed. I've got quite a bit of seat time in Jprich's truck and it doesn't feel slick at all to me now with the GT's or when it had projects on it. I never drove it when it was on KM2's though. All I can think is tires since that was the only change made. Don't get me wrong, they're not like outta control by anymeans but compared to the GT's, goodyears, BFG A/T's, BFG Projects and actually even Big O Tire Big Foot's, these are the slipperiest tire I've driven on in the dirt at speed. BTW, in go fast mode, I'm usually running about 25psi.

Oh, and this is my yota for anyone that maybe hasn't seen it...

Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #37724
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
anyone with fiberwerx front fenders and tt bedsides wanna trade for my glassworks glass? or glassworks tt bedsides

figured id throw that out there...lol
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #37725
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
You seen the weight on those things? in the 37" they are the heaviest tire, even heavier than the grabber red labels.

They were one of the lightest 35's when i got mine.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:15 PM   #37726
SoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shedSoCalRoadie is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
SoCalRoadie's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofords08 View Post
They were one of the lightest 35's when i got mine.
35s are still one of the lightest. The MTs in 37s are around 90lbs.

edit. MTs and ATMs are both 67lbs at 315/75 R17
Old 08-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #37727
nofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shednofords08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Patrick
nofords08's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRoadie View Post
35" ATMs are still one of the lightest but I don't see them in a 37. The MTs in 37s are around 90lbs.
I have the MT, out of the tires i was shopping for they were 2nd lightest, they are significantly lighter than my Nitto MT i ran before
Old 08-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #37728
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
90lbs ! Holy chit ! My hookers weigh 90lbs a piece
Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #37729
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

FYI

this is 37x12.5R17

Maxxis M8060 Trepador: 78lbs

Pro Comp Xtreme Mud Terrain: 82lbs

BFG Mud Terrain T/A KM2: 68.4lbs

Super Swamper TrXus MT: 77.2lbs

Pitbull Rocker LT: 77.2lbs

Yokohama Geolander M/T: 76.2lbs

Nitto Trail Grappler M/T: 83lbs

Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ: 85lbs

Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar: 75lbs

Hankook Dynapro MT: 89lbs

General Grabber Race: 88lbs
Old 08-29-2013, 03:36 PM   #37730
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
I teamed up with FOA to start offering some package deals. 1st gen Tacoma/Tundra 6lug LT kits for 2600$ will include suspension, coilovers, and coils. 2nd gen 6lug Tacoma will be about 3000$.

It will be a great way for people to get into the LT game for a reasonable price. Im also working out a package witg ADS shocks for people looking for a high end shock as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1377812176385.jpg   Long Travel BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1377812192229.jpg  
Old 08-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #37731
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
dayum, at about half the price of the other guys, you have the potential to be very successful/busy.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:42 PM   #37732
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
I teamed up with FOA to start offering some package deals. 1st gen Tacoma/Tundra 6lug LT kits for 2600$ will include suspension, coilovers, and coils. 2nd gen 6lug Tacoma will be about 3000$.

It will be a great way for people to get into the LT game for a reasonable price. Im also working out a package witg ADS shocks for people looking for a high end shock as well.
Front bolt on LT with shocks for 3k? I'd be interested to see the type of abuse it can withstand but sounds interesting to say the least.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #37733

Quote:
Originally Posted by Large View Post
Front bolt on LT with shocks for 3k? I'd be interested to see the type of abuse it can withstand but sounds interesting to say the least.
Um well MCM is building it so I'd put it up against any of the other bolt on kits out there.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #37734
Red
Large is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shedLarge is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Large's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Um well MCM is building it so I'd put it up against any of the other bolt on kits out there.
Yeah I've never heard of MCM, just followed the link in his sig and I do see some quiet impressive fab skills..
Old 08-29-2013, 04:00 PM   #37735
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Super awesome deal! Interested in the pricing with ADS suspension
Old 08-29-2013, 04:31 PM   #37736
Mega Member
Anteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnteupp is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Andrew
Anteupp's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Way cool of you making awesome products and having very very competitive pricing! Machine Cuisine FTW!
Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #37737
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Nice!
Old 08-29-2013, 05:08 PM   #37738
If at first you don't succeed, don't try skydiving
colinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcolinb17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Colin
colinb17's Tacoma Gallery
hmm, i just noticed the lack of a CV axle........ any chance it's designed for 4x4 and you have some axles lined up to work with it?
Old 08-29-2013, 05:12 PM   #37739
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by colinb17 View Post
hmm, i just noticed the lack of a CV axle........ any chance it's designed for 4x4 and you have some axles lined up to work with it?
if his kit is +3.5" like TC and Camburg then you can use their axles.
Old 08-29-2013, 05:13 PM   #37740
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Want what are the numbers like on the 1st gen kit? i.e. travel, how much it sticks out?

Products Discussed in this Thread