DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 08:13 PM   #40541
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Do you gain much travel with it being so wide? Not really right?
Sure you do, but how its set up has everything to do with travel numbers. It looks wide as shit.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #40542
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Timmy
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
I realize this is the LT thread... and I have different goals than many of you (I don't want to huck my truck), but you folks seem more knowledgeable than other threads, so.... Anyone have any suggestions for a good place to start with valving for a 1st gen?

Currently have MT with ex travel kings in the front (with whatever the stock king 1st gen valving is) and 600lb coils, expo leafs in the rear with whatever the stock icon 1st gen valving is for icon 2.0rr. The icon's are slightly too short, and I am planning to replace those with billy 12" short body 7100's RR. Currently only armor is sliders. Shell + sleep platform + tools / etc = ~300-400 or so permanently in the rear. Hope to add a swingout rear in the near future. Had been thinking about going 255/70? Looking for "all-around" valving. Truck is my DD.

On a related note: Anyone have a link or suggestions for how to get valving dialed? I'm new to this
Old 11-04-2013, 08:20 PM   #40543
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Rebuilding the back of a tundra for a customer. Had to cut all the original bed cage off cause the shocks bottomed before the bumps, shocks hit the frame, and was only cycling 16" on a 64" kit.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1383625092431.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 08:22 PM   #40544
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
Buy my seats landon. They are radical. Youre looking for standard widths right ?
no buy my seats landon, theyre regs!
Old 11-04-2013, 08:27 PM   #40545
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Sorry guys my custom seats are on their way.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #40546
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Rebuilding the back of a tundra for a customer. Had to cut all the original bed cage off cause the shocks bottomed before the bumps, shocks hit the frame, and was only cycling 16" on a 64" kit.
You could have just done 5" drop shock mounts off the bottom of the axle lol.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #40547
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
You could have just done 5" drop shock mounts off the bottom of the axle lol.
LOL, there was many other issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-uploadfromtaptalk1383627901009.jpg  
Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM   #40550
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Awkward
Old 11-04-2013, 09:30 PM   #40551
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Brad
Emtmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
I realize this is the LT thread... and I have different goals than many of you (I don't want to huck my truck), but you folks seem more knowledgeable than other threads, so.... Anyone have any suggestions for a good place to start with valving for a 1st gen?

Currently have MT with ex travel kings in the front (with whatever the stock king 1st gen valving is) and 600lb coils, expo leafs in the rear with whatever the stock icon 1st gen valving is for icon 2.0rr. The icon's are slightly too short, and I am planning to replace those with billy 12" short body 7100's RR. Currently only armor is sliders. Shell + sleep platform + tools / etc = ~300-400 or so permanently in the rear. Hope to add a swingout rear in the near future. Had been thinking about going 255/70? Looking for "all-around" valving. Truck is my DD.

On a related note: Anyone have a link or suggestions for how to get valving dialed? I'm new to this
No valving is the same, drive it hard and through some of your regular shit then determine if it's too soft or too stiff and go from there, unfortunately valving is trial and error for everyone,wish I had an answer for you but you are the only one to determine it oh and btw try to have your normal ride weight in it while you do this.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #40552
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Fabiens (Happysmiley) 4runner

Always had a love for the runners. Sleeper status...cant wait till he puts a cage in it

Build up thread is here http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184967

Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #40553
Beer
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtmeyer View Post
No valving is the same, drive it hard and through some of your regular shit then determine if it's too soft or too stiff and go from there, unfortunately valving is trial and error for everyone,wish I had an answer for you but you are the only one to determine it oh and btw try to have your normal ride weight in it while you do this.
Yeah I get that... and thank you for the response. Hoping to figure out what a good starting point is.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #40554
BRING INFRA BACK
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Yeah I get that... and thank you for the response. Hoping to figure out what a good starting point is.
what you got is a good starting point.
is it too still/soft? go from there.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #40557
Beer

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
what you got is a good starting point.
is it too still/soft? go from there.
Well I am buying new rear shocks, as the icon's are slightly too short for my leafs (allpro expos). I am planning to get billy 7100's (12" short body). It's really the starting point for the valving with those that I am hoping to get input on. 255/70 Is what I was thinking.... Or were you saying that IS a good starting point?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #40558
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
SICK!

God i can't wait for LT..
Its aight
Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #40559
Atleast it wasn't Green!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: SGT, Cannon Crew Member, A Btry 1-148th FA
Name: Brady
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody want to try to win $50? haha I don't have any Allpro products installed on my Tacoma so I can't enter...

https://www.allprooffroad.com/home/370

Products Discussed in this Thread