DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #40541
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
Fabiens (Happysmiley) 4runner

Always had a love for the runners. Sleeper status...cant wait till he puts a cage in it

Build up thread is here http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=184967

Old 11-04-2013, 09:46 PM   #40542
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: they call me Bruce
TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtmeyer View Post
No valving is the same, drive it hard and through some of your regular shit then determine if it's too soft or too stiff and go from there, unfortunately valving is trial and error for everyone,wish I had an answer for you but you are the only one to determine it oh and btw try to have your normal ride weight in it while you do this.
Yeah I get that... and thank you for the response. Hoping to figure out what a good starting point is.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:51 PM   #40543
SPEEDY CRAWLER
4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed4runnercaged is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: cody
4runnercaged's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyB View Post
Yeah I get that... and thank you for the response. Hoping to figure out what a good starting point is.
what you got is a good starting point.
is it too still/soft? go from there.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:54 PM   #40546
curmudgeon
TimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedTimmyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4runnercaged View Post
what you got is a good starting point.
is it too still/soft? go from there.
Well I am buying new rear shocks, as the icon's are slightly too short for my leafs (allpro expos). I am planning to get billy 7100's (12" short body). It's really the starting point for the valving with those that I am hoping to get input on. 255/70 Is what I was thinking.... Or were you saying that IS a good starting point?
Old 11-04-2013, 09:59 PM   #40547
AWESOME MEMBER
Conman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shedConman117 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nathan
Conman117's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
SICK!

God i can't wait for LT..
Its aight
Old 11-04-2013, 10:02 PM   #40548
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody want to try to win $50? haha I don't have any Allpro products installed on my Tacoma so I can't enter...

https://www.allprooffroad.com/home/370
Old 11-04-2013, 10:07 PM   #40551
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Brad
Emtmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well I am buying new rear shocks, as the icon's are slightly too short for my leafs (allpro expos). I am planning to get billy 7100's (12" short body). It's really the starting point for the valving with those that I am hoping to get input on. 255/70 Is what I was thinking.... Or were you saying that IS a good starting point?
Lol throw them on when you get them and go from there, an adjustable shock is a good starting point my friend
Old 11-04-2013, 10:10 PM   #40552
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Lol throw them on when you get them and go from there, an adjustable shock is a good starting point my friend
Something else to consider...long travel rear isn't as expensive as front and mid travel front can keep up with rear lt...just a thought
Old 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #40553
curmudgeon

TimmyB's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input Emtmeyer, appreciate it
Old 11-04-2013, 11:34 PM   #40554
Angrytaco
Wink

Quote:
Thanks for the input Emtmeyer, appreciate it
Anytime good luck with your build hope it's all you want man, all I care about is people happy with their tacomas
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #40555
McBuckets
RockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedRockyMtnTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Noah
RockyMtnTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Anytime good luck with your build hope it's all you want man, all I care about is people happy with their tacomas
+1 when I can good sir
Old 11-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #40556
enigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant futureenigmadsm has a brilliant future
Name: Nate
enigmadsm's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
DAMN! thing is sexy!

whos truck is this? I found the pic way back on like 997, but not the owner
Old 11-05-2013, 09:11 AM   #40557
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
so ive been doing some reading, and came to the conclusion that caster can have a big effect on bump steer. usually positive caster is associated with toe out (i think?), and negative caster is the other way around? or is it opposite?
Old 11-05-2013, 09:34 AM   #40558
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Anybody want to try to win $50? haha I don't have any Allpro products installed on my Tacoma so I can't enter...

https://www.allprooffroad.com/home/370
Totally winning this with my all pro rear brake line

Old 11-05-2013, 09:35 AM   #40559
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
so ive been doing some reading, and came to the conclusion that caster can have a big effect on bump steer. usually positive caster is associated with toe out (i think?), and negative caster is the other way around? or is it opposite?
You got it right. Don't over think it. Max it out one way and go for a drive. Max it out the other way and do it again. You will find out what works for your driving style. Obviously, toe is adjustable with your tie rods.
Old 11-05-2013, 09:42 AM   #40560
Big tars, little/no bed.
NwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNwiTACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
NwiTACO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Totally winning this with my all pro rear brake line

I entered with an All-Pro u-bolts, lol

Products Discussed in this Thread