DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #40541
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
davidjmay's Tacoma Gallery
He's getting a FREE race kit…. (minus cost of coil overs)…. I mean can anybody here honestly say they'd pass that up?
Old 11-10-2013, 11:31 AM   #40542
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjmay View Post
He's getting a FREE race kit…. (minus cost of coil overs)…. I mean can anybody here honestly say they'd pass that up?
Since it is free, then yes there is no reason to say no. That wasn't made very clear at first though. haha
Old 11-10-2013, 12:07 PM   #40543
05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed05tundra13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Devin
05tundra13's Tacoma Gallery
free??? shit i want a free race kit.
Old 11-10-2013, 12:36 PM   #40544
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel BS Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Only reason im doing the new kit is because it was offered to me. In the end, I will only be out the cost of some new 10s. Rear LT will come. Plus I don't abuse my truck as much as most of the LT guys do as of now so Im in no rush.
"Abuse" ....

Old 11-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #40545
Mr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr Salty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hermmy
Mr Salty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to have that wide of a stance unless I could dedicate the truck to a permanent dessert toy and had a shit ton of money to throw at it
Old 11-10-2013, 03:34 PM   #40546
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
Call me crazy, but I wouldn't. I wouldn't want to have that wide of a stance unless I could dedicate the truck to a permanent dessert toy and had a shit ton of money to throw at it
And HP to push the travel....
Old 11-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #40547
davidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the sheddavidjmay is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Salty View Post
You're crazy

Then again, this is coming from someone who fantasizes about one day turning my truck into a purely dedicated race truck… And that same person who doesnt have any sort of long travel at all yet. So my opinion might be different from yours.
Old 11-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #40548
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Brad
Emtmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
I personally would love my tires to touch both lines while driving, legal is my only limitations
Old 11-10-2013, 03:44 PM   #40549
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtmeyer View Post
I personally would love my tires to touch both lines while driving, legal is my only limitations
Lot's of leverage to twist your frame rails even more than a normal 3.5" kit already does.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #40550
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Lot's of leverage to twist your frame rails even more than a normal 3.5" kit already does.
Depends on how much chromoly and gusseting is involved, if it's being built to be like a trophy truck you should equally strengthen it.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:53 PM   #40551
Busted Knuckles Fabrication
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: CPT, US Army Military Police
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I'd rather center mount than be as wide as a lane.
Old 11-10-2013, 04:59 PM   #40552
Angrytaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
Center mounts are still over 96" wide...
Old 11-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #40554

Quote:
Quote:
Center mounts are still over 96" wide...
Quote:
That's BJ baldwin's trophy truck, made to blast 110 mph through the desert…. Its suspension is extreme in every sense of the word. There are tons of center mounts out there that aren't that wide.

My question is… Has anybody ever center mounted a tacoma? How would you do that with the engine? I'm guessing you'd have to engine swap and stuff it into the cab as much as possible
Old 11-10-2013, 05:08 PM   #40556
Dr. Frankenstein
Blackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlackdawg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Monte
Blackdawg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's BJ baldwin's trophy truck, made to blast 110 mph through the desert…. Its suspension is extreme in every sense of the word. There are tons of center mounts out there that aren't that wide.

My question is… Has anybody ever center mounted a tacoma? How would you do that with the engine? I'm guessing you'd have to engine swap and stuff it into the cab as much as possible

yea i have thought about it and can't think of how to do the front drive shaft really..

guy on TTORA did a center mount 4runner though..used a supra diff.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:09 PM   #40557
Angrytaco
Quote:
Quote:

I haven't seen it yet...but I'd imagine you'd have to stuff the engine I. The firewall and make a modified j arm design to make it work
Old 11-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #40559
Angrytaco
He means center mount
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-image.jpg  

Products Discussed in this Thread