DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-10-2014, 10:34 PM   #42681
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
10-4
Old 01-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #42682
Kennyperez is on a distinguished road

Name: Kenny
Kennyperez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
I just left mine where it was. Put the fuel door back on, dremeled out the plastic backing so the hole was bigger.
smart!
Old 01-11-2014, 07:32 AM   #42683
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/buy...ml#post7981951

DMZ jack skid and rear mount for sale

Old 01-11-2014, 10:42 AM   #42685
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotorrex View Post
That looks like the easiest thing in the world to make for a few dollars
Gotta make up for the R&D.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:35 AM   #42686
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
EMS: Paramedic
Name: Brad
Emtmeyer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gelo760 View Post
Gotta make up for the R&D.
Lol well played...
Old 01-11-2014, 12:27 PM   #42687
biggie is on a distinguished road

Name: Collin
biggie's Tacoma Gallery
anybody had issues with their ucas not being wide enough to fit washers in between them and the bolt sleeve? maybe thinner bushings?
Old 01-11-2014, 12:29 PM   #42688
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie View Post
anybody had issues with their ucas not being wide enough to fit washers in between them and the bolt sleeve? maybe thinner bushings?
I had that problem on a few installs I have done. I get one guy to pull on one side and another on the other and then have someone slip in the washers. 3 man job. Lol
Old 01-11-2014, 03:11 PM   #42689
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
I had that problem on a few installs I have done. I get one guy to pull on one side and another on the other and then have someone slip in the washers. 3 man job. Lol
I put a factory screw jack between the bushings and spread them a little. (like between the tips of the "U".) The washers slide right in, and the bolt pulls everything back together anyway. I also had to do this on one of the TC heimed uppers. I think their jig is a little on the tight side.
Old 01-11-2014, 07:54 PM   #42691
Angrytaco
Emtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shedEmtmeyer is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I put a factory screw jack between the bushings and spread them a little. (like between the tips of the "U".) The washers slide right in, and the bolt pulls everything back together anyway. I also had to do this on one of the TC heimed uppers. I think their jig is a little on the tight side.
I swear I'm not trying to stir shit at all, I just want to confirm that even the trusted brands have some fitment issues too?
Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #42692
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtmeyer View Post
I swear I'm not trying to stir shit at all, I just want to confirm that even the trusted brands have some fitment issues too?
No, an upper arm flexes a little bit, they are talking about a tight fit to get washers to fit which is fixed by pulling with your hands. One side of a lower arm being too thick to fit into the pocket for the arm is much different and a much bigger headache to solve. Your talking about hours of fab work
Old 01-11-2014, 08:13 PM   #42693
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emtmeyer View Post
I would say that the TC arms are so high tolerance and precise that assembly is difficult. There is maybe .015 tolerance, making sliding the inner washers in tough, especially with fat urathane bushings in there. Since I am an expert at hillbilly fabrication I completely fucked up their high tolerance part with a screw jack to make assembly easier. It worked. I also bet if their fabricator saw me do it he would cringe and throw slag hammers at me.
Old 01-11-2014, 08:30 PM   #42695
Angrytaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I would say that the TC arms are so high tolerance and precise that assembly is difficult. There is maybe .015 tolerance, making sliding the inner washers in tough, especially with fat urathane bushings in there. Since I am an expert at hillbilly fabrication I completely fucked up their high tolerance part with a screw jack to make assembly easier. It worked. I also bet if their fabricator saw me do it he would cringe and throw slag hammers at me.
Haha! Ok I was just curious, thanks guys for clearing it up!
Old 01-12-2014, 03:20 PM   #42696
M C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shedM C M is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matthew
M C M's Tacoma Gallery
Factory has tolerances, aftermarket manufacturers have tolerances, welding affects each part differently, even in a fixture. Add all that together, sometimes things are a little off.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:59 PM   #42697
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Foam or no foam in my cell? Doesn't look broke down or anything, im just worried about it messing with my float.
Old 01-12-2014, 05:31 PM   #42698
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
Foam or no foam in my cell? Doesn't look broke down or anything, im just worried about it messing with my float.
Is your float the arm style ? If so it won't work with the foam ....
Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #42699

It is the arm style, and I can see some of the foam blocks are a little broken up.l on second glance.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #42700
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
It is the arm style, and I can see some of the foam blocks are a little broken up.l on second glance.
Yeah no go if it's the arm style

Products Discussed in this Thread