DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 PM   #42701
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
It is the arm style, and I can see some of the foam blocks are a little broken up.l on second glance.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM   #42702
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
It is the arm style, and I can see some of the foam blocks are a little broken up.l on second glance.
Yeah no go if it's the arm style
Old 01-12-2014, 09:28 PM   #42703
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I see the sloshing around beating up the float arm without foam, and impossible to use with foam.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:50 AM   #42704
Dezert Lovers Unite
Engage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shedEngage Offroad is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Engage Marketing
Engage Offroad's Tacoma Gallery
Like everyone else we got tired of trying to figure out a way to properly mount and store our jack's, so after testing on the Shop Prerunner and putting thru miles of abuse, we are happy to introduce the NEW Engage Jack Mount System HF68051

this System utilizes an All Aluminum Skid that bolts directly to the Harbor Freight Jack #68051 and is inserted to an all Metal Mount that is attached to your vehicle, it utilizes a spring loaded pin for ease of removal and to maintain the Jack securely In its place while on the trails/race course. Comes with all hardware and instructions, like always for TW members we will be offering it at a great introductory price. List is $279 and for TW members we will offer it for $223 until Jan.24th 2014. Contact us here on TW, email us at engageoffroad@gmail.com or call the shop 909-238-6788 to place your order and have your jack ready for the 2013 Race Season! See you at the Races!! Engage

Old 01-13-2014, 08:31 AM   #42705
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see the sloshing around beating up the float arm without foam, and impossible to use with foam.
I'm running stock pump and float in my cell with no foam, works fine other than a bit of noticeable slosh under hard cornering with the tank under 1/6 full, the pump can be starved for fuel. I plan on extending the pump and float brackets lower to get a more true reading on the guage and allow the use of the very last of the fuel.
I've heard of people putting in wiffle balls or similar things to help with slosh, while not breaking down. I'm not too sure about doing that though...
I'd just run no foam
Old 01-13-2014, 09:24 AM   #42706

thats what im going to run for now. i to have to lower my pump and pick up tube as well, and move my pump towards the center of the tank more to avoid it sucking air, since my pump is mounted on the side. possibly switch it to a tube style sending unit soon that way i can run foam.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:01 AM   #42707
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
2.5x8" King Double Bypass

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ies/213681.htm

Not mine
Old 01-13-2014, 10:02 AM   #42708
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
2.5x16 inch king double bypasses

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ies/213667.htm

Not mine
Old 01-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #42709

yikes. is that the going rate on 16" doubles ? ooof.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #42710
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
no foam in a stock gas tank.....
Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #42711

true, but there is a baffle of sorts in my stock tacoma gas tank. what would be he purpose of that one ? its only about 3" high that is right under the pump.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:29 AM   #42712
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
thats what im going to run for now. i to have to lower my pump and pick up tube as well, and move my pump towards the center of the tank more to avoid it sucking air, since my pump is mounted on the side. possibly switch it to a tube style sending unit soon that way i can run foam.
Let me know how you end up lowering the pump, i was thinking of just chopping it and extending the bracket and wires lower, but I'm not really sure.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #42713

thats pretty much exactly how id do it. extend the in tank fuel line, and the bracket/wiring. done deal. mine is about 3" off the bottom if the tank.
Old 01-13-2014, 10:32 AM   #42714
Quote:
thats pretty much exactly how id do it. extend the in tank fuel line, and the bracket/wiring. done deal. mine is about 3" off the bottom if the tank.
I'm actually not too sure how far off the bottom mine sits, but if you don't get to it till mid-week i should be home by then and can lend a hand and take a look at mine as well. Should be easy enough though.
How many gal. is your cell? And do you plan on bringing extra gas to superstition? Trying to figure out how much I should bring
Old 01-13-2014, 10:35 AM   #42715

mine is a 22. i went through 17 at the last meet with 4.10 gears. im 488 now and 33's. im filling the tacoma and bringing another 15 gallons. im trailering it out so that will save lots of fuel for the tacoma at least. im not going to dick with the tank till after the trip. im going to start her up for the first time in 7 months this afternoon though. little excited about that.
Old 01-13-2014, 11:49 AM   #42716
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
CLick click click click....
Rad Ray and I went to Gorman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3y39...ature=youtu.be
Looks good bud.
Old 01-13-2014, 06:02 PM   #42717
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-builds/29
Redgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shedRedgrom is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brent
Redgrom's Tacoma Gallery
Truck is starting to make progress

Went by DMZ to visit the truck and get a few photos. Tim is pretty slammed but truck should be ready in a week or 2.
Attached Thumbnails
Long Travel BS Thread-_bhw9410.jpg   Long Travel BS Thread-_bhw9417.jpg   Long Travel BS Thread-_bhw9435.jpg  
Old 01-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #42718
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redgrom View Post
Went by DMZ to visit the truck and get a few photos. Tim is pretty slammed but truck should be ready in a week or 2.
Looks great. You get what you pay for with Tim's work.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #42719
Jordemo805@yahoo.com
JordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJordanSmith127 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
JordanSmith127's Tacoma Gallery
if anyones looking to do a simple rear SUA selling my defined kit!

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-sua-kit.html
Old 01-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #42720
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lembowski View Post
2.5x16 inch king double bypasses

http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ies/213667.htm

Not mine
Picture for anyone interested

Products Discussed in this Thread