DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 PM   #42721
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by M C M View Post
Stock e locker rear with 4.88

Interesting... Must not be into high speed stuff
Old 01-13-2014, 11:22 PM   #42723
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdawg View Post
tundra CVs..
Ah, that is the difference. Makes sense. I wonder how Tundra CV's compare to 2nd gens strength wise.
Old 01-14-2014, 12:35 AM   #42724
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Uhhh.....Attachment 251161

Flexin on 37s.

Your gonna have to play around with the set up troy.
Been on the trail with that taco, its a beast on the rocks!
Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 AM   #42725
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Interesting... Must not be into high speed stuff
I used to think the same thing, but I have the heaviest 37's around at 150 lbs per corner, and still on the stock rear end with an ECGS 3rd with 4.88's. Crawling is way harder on 3rds and axles than desert...at least in my experience and I have a few gnarfed R&P's hanging on the wall. I was nervous for the first 25,000 miles offroad or so. Now I just hammer down. If it grenades, I'll upgrade, but so far so good. (This speaks more towards the outstanding third setup from ECGS, it has more miles on it than the factory third!)
Old 01-14-2014, 09:20 AM   #42727
troyboy162 is on a distinguished road
Name: troy
troyboy162's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Ah, that is the difference. Makes sense. I wonder how Tundra CV's compare to 2nd gens strength wise.
I'm curious about this as well. I've wheeled with a guy in a 09 and he gets away with a lot of abuse on his cv's. In fact he's never broken one. When I researched long travel it seems that you guys poping tundra CV's are extremely rare. I can't wheel without a spare CV for peace of mind but it would be great to never need it lol.
Now if someone can make cryro'd jack shafts....
Old 01-14-2014, 09:27 AM   #42728
Quote:

Your gonna have to play around with the set up troy.
It took me years to get my mid travel flexing like I wanted. I expect this will take a bit of tinkering too LT sure does smooth out a rough trail at speed though. Last night's testing was fun!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:16 PM   #42729
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: RJ
RJALLDAY702's Tacoma Gallery
It's crazy how much leaf springs articulate side to side. (Watch in HD)

:30

http://youtu.be/3owaMetnYWc
Old 01-14-2014, 02:19 PM   #42730
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Correction..

Gnarticulate.

Looks good RJ!
Old 01-14-2014, 02:54 PM   #42731
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
It's crazy how much leaf springs articulate side to side. (Watch in HD)

:30

http://youtu.be/3owaMetnYWc
That's what I keep telling everyone with their shocks mounted outboard 1" away from the tire ! 😳
Old 01-14-2014, 05:55 PM   #42732
U MAD? OH U MAD
RJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRJALLDAY702 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Correction..

Gnarticulate.

Looks good RJ!
Thank's man! I think im gonna turn in the compression a little bit on both sides.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:00 PM   #42733
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJALLDAY702 View Post
Thank's man! I think im gonna turn in the compression a little bit on both sides.

RJ when are you guys going to the desert again??
Old 01-14-2014, 06:04 PM   #42734
U MAD? OH U MAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
RJ when are you guys going to the desert again??
Superstition hopefully, this weekend.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #42735
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have to give me a ride in your 4seater whoop eater rj.
Old 01-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #42736
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
This made me laugh so hard

Old 01-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #42737
cRaZy oLdmAn
4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed4WD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Doug
4WD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
I'm curious about this as well. I've wheeled with a guy in a 09 and he gets away with a lot of abuse on his cv's. In fact he's never broken one. When I researched long travel it seems that you guys poping tundra CV's are extremely rare. I can't wheel without a spare CV for peace of mind but it would be great to never need it lol.
Now if someone can make cryro'd jack shafts....

Not sure if what I was told is correct but the Tundra CV's are a "true" CV, I think he meant theres no tripod/tulip , but not sure...so
Old 01-14-2014, 08:09 PM   #42738
Trusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant futureTrusso24 has a brilliant future

Name: Tony
Trusso24's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
This made me laugh so hard

Old 01-14-2014, 08:16 PM   #42739
Gelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGelo760 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Gelo760's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL ROJO View Post
One run at pismo
Ahh kk so they must have two pismo runs on them . Lol
Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 PM   #42740
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4WD View Post
Not sure if what I was told is correct but the Tundra CV's are a "true" CV, I think he meant theres no tripod/tulip , but not sure...so
Correct the 1st gen tacoma/3rd gen 4runner have the tripod, but we dont ever break those. We all break the outer cv cage almost always or shear the shaft on non OEM CV's

Tundra has real CV joints on both ends but I think the outer joint is stronger then the standard 1st gen tacomas since no one seems to break tundra CVs on there LT rigs. George running 37" tires up claw hammer pretty much proves that since Claw is a great place to break CV's

2nd gen tacoma seems to have a built proof CV from what I've seen but I've only watched one rig skinny pedal through some hairy spots.

sorta related picture shows OEM Tundra, aftermarket tundra, and 1st gen tacoma inner joints.

Products Discussed in this Thread