DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-20-2014, 01:01 PM   #42721
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Well...that escalated quickly
Old 01-20-2014, 03:17 PM   #42722
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Jason pulling me out of some of the softest sand I've ever been in... Locked up, supercharged Tacoma = badass

Yeah, Superstition has some of the softest sand you will ever drive in!!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:22 PM   #42723
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Name: jordan
santabarbarataco's Tacoma Gallery

Anyone have a set of 50ts, h70s, or e30s for sale? I seem to have broke my 50ts some how
Old 01-20-2014, 03:29 PM   #42724
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by santabarbarataco View Post

Anyone have a set of 50ts, h70s, or e30s for sale? I seem to have broke my 50ts some how
Damn. I just got those F67s off you too.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:37 PM   #42725
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
I have a set of 18'' / 650 pound coil springs brand new in box (Eibach) if anyone is interested.

They should fit a normal 8'' coil over. Freakin' all poo modified coil overs are not true 8'' coil overs, more like 6.5-7'' travel coil overs with whatever they had done to them, so these would not fit without putting more preload on them then I want to.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:41 PM   #42726
santabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant futuresantabarbarataco has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
Damn. I just got those F67s off you too.
literally the next day they broke haha go figure
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 PM   #42727
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:

I am by no means an expert fabricator or welder, but if those were my leaf springs I would clamping them and welding them back up.

What's the worst thing that happens, the weld fails and it goes right back to how it is now?

Worth a shot in my book to save yourself a lot of money.

Someone who knows what they're doing may come along and tell me I'm stupid, but it's an idea...
Old 01-20-2014, 03:47 PM   #42728
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
Yeah, Superstition has some of the softest sand you will ever drive in!!

This was actually some dunes we stumbled on near inspiration point just east of borrego springs.
Old 01-20-2014, 04:43 PM   #42729

Old 01-20-2014, 09:47 PM   #42730
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
shawnphoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
I am by no means an expert fabricator or welder, but if those were my leaf springs I would clamping them and welding them back up.

What's the worst thing that happens, the weld fails and it goes right back to how it is now?

Worth a shot in my book to save yourself a lot of money.

Someone who knows what they're doing may come along and tell me I'm stupid, but it's an idea...
i would assume that the springs could lose their "spring" after the high heat and it would be difficult to temper them again. although that is a spot that probably doesn't technically spring, but it must flex since it broke there. maybe just try to get a replacement main leaf? i'm no fabricator by any means though so i'm just going off what i've read in the past... probably a decent temporary fix to get off the mtn but by no means a long term one
Old 01-21-2014, 11:18 AM   #42731

Random question: what size u bolts should I buy when replacing the ones I have. 5/8x3 1/4 x10"?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:22 AM   #42732
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Random question: what size u bolts should I buy when replacing the ones I have. 5/8x3 1/4 x10"?
http://www.polyperformance.com/shop/...t-p-29874.html

PPM-UB-3125
Old 01-21-2014, 11:24 AM   #42733

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnphoto View Post
i would assume that the springs could lose their "spring" after the high heat and it would be difficult to temper them again. although that is a spot that probably doesn't technically spring, but it must flex since it broke there. maybe just try to get a replacement main leaf? i'm no fabricator by any means though so i'm just going off what i've read in the past... probably a decent temporary fix to get off the mtn but by no means a long term one
I called engage and they were really easy to deal wit and got me the replacement leaf I need
Old 01-21-2014, 11:47 AM   #42734
shawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedshawnphoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed
has anyone on here done a u bolt elimination? i know the guy with the built black 1st gen double cab did because his bumps were hitting his u bolts (and i'm in a similar situation), anyone have thoughts on that? looks like a viable option to me
Old 01-21-2014, 11:51 AM   #42735
The Mad Scientist

Quote:
has anyone on here done a u bolt elimination? i know the guy with the built black 1st gen double cab did because his bumps were hitting his u bolts (and i'm in a similar situation), anyone have thoughts on that? looks like a viable option to me
Why not just put the strike pad over the top?
Old 01-21-2014, 11:57 AM   #42736
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
If you don't already have spring perches on it probably wouldn't be too bad to modify them to run without u-bolts, but since you already have spring perches, I think it will be simpler to just add a strike pad like Jason said vvv this is what I am doing when I install my bumps.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jberry813 View Post
Old 01-21-2014, 12:02 PM   #42737
precoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedprecoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: corey
precoma's Tacoma Gallery
Im looking to pick up a used 3.5 TC kit if any one sees one let me know please. 2nd gen
Old 01-21-2014, 12:10 PM   #42738

Quote:
Thank you sir
Old 01-21-2014, 12:11 PM   #42739
Quote:
Do they make one that is wide enough cover both the u bolts but doesn't sit super high up? I just saw it be done and thought it was pretty clean and maybe even a little safer/stronger than u bolts. apparently it can net you almost an inch of up travel too

Old 01-21-2014, 12:43 PM   #42740
kbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkbauman92 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kbauman92's Tacoma Gallery
I posted in the MT thread but no luck there yet, I'm looking to get some more ride height out of my coilovers, I have about 2 inches of preload with 13" 600# coils when I'm adjusting the preload collar it's directly behind the uca at full droop I've tried a punch and hammer but it's messing up the collar, Any help on getting a couple more turns would be appreciated thanks

Products Discussed in this Thread