1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Long Travel BS Thread

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by amaes, Aug 20, 2010.

1. May 1, 2014 at 2:16 PM
    anthony250f

anthony250f Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    Mine are about 3/4 inch from hitting...that angle does look strange though

2. May 1, 2014 at 2:18 PM
    anthony250f

Member:
    First Name:
    Anthony
    San Diego, CA
    Vehicle:
    2008 dcsb trd offroad 4wd
    Or because ou went engage/defined :(

3. May 1, 2014 at 2:48 PM
    santabarbarataco

santabarbarataco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    jordan
    santa barbara
    I think that falls under regret

4. May 1, 2014 at 3:02 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    Sorry. Had to do some fancy camera work. This is the angle. Does it look to be too angled still? Bumps are also angled

FC48FDFD-DB46-45C3-841C-A8AABF5A73EB_zps_30a2b962d00a25ade5483d2e6a62b0fba238953c.jpg

122C8956-D834-4CA3-991C-623340AF352A_zps_e8a24b422a3eaf4dcb08aa56c53f51a4a8198e22.jpg

5. May 1, 2014 at 3:09 PM
    Hiatt1991

Hiatt1991 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Hiatt
    Ventura, CA
    Vehicle:
    2022 Toyota Tacoma SR5 DCSB 4x4
    4" Bodylift 20" Offroad shock spacers Turbo Encabulator
    And ya it cycles and drives fine. Infact throughout the kits build it was cycled quite a few times. Haven't had an issue but every time I see the bumpstop so close it makes me question if I should shorten them.

And yes I'm aware of my horrible camber. Just corrected the toe yesterday so I'll be tackling this soon.

6. May 1, 2014 at 3:17 PM
    JordanSmith127

JordanSmith127 Jordemo805@yahoo.com

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    Not once did i say i want to part with it. From a buisness standpoint if ur offerd far above market price for something why not take it if u can break the emotional atachment to it? If i had someone offer me 30k or maybe even 25k for mine thats a great deal. Thats 10 grand more than i payed for the vehical and i have had it for 4 years and put 70k miles on it and beat the piss out of it... I look at it like this, everythings for sale for the right price. If someone walks up to me on the street and offers me a grand for my iphone its all theres. The less you wana get rid of it the higher the price tags gona be. If something drastic came up and i needed my truck gone id list it at around 20k because id say its market value is about that but its value to me is more towrd 30k if someone wants to pay that, its worth more to them than it is to me and its theres

7. May 1, 2014 at 3:45 PM
    Trusso24

Trusso24 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner XCab
    Fox Coilovers Blacked Out Debadged
    Of course Jordan. I understand being extremely overpaid would make anyone sell. That a random, out of the blue stack of cash would be very hard to turn down.

I'm just saying, if you have something with that emotional attachment, why are you already planning to "entertain offers"?

(Random vs Planned)

8. May 1, 2014 at 4:12 PM
    JordanSmith127

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK

Because i could build another one for that price, no problem 30k would go a long way. For me cars, bikes all that to me are just toys so i have no emotional attachment to them, don't get me wrong they mean a lot to me and i take pride in them but i can put a price on all of it. Family and friends you can't.

hypothetically speaking the trucks just getting older so if i upgrade to a newer year and with less miles before mines too old then i have another one to keep for four years then do it again if i can sell it far above what its actually worth and get a new one at a super low cost it becomes a cycle of buying low selling high, which could mean paying just a little bit for a much newer truck, making money or breaking even.

perfect example is my race bikes are always listed for sale because if someones gona pay the asking price when i don't need it gone it means there paying more than i think its worth, when the time comes i need to sell it i lower the price to a more fair number. i won't run a bike more than 6 months because I'm given them for almost free and they just depreciate so much just like cars, after 6 months i sell it pocket most of the cash and get a new one, if i keep it in a cycle like that I'm always making money and getting new bikes, same would go for building trucks but you would come closer to breaking even, so you most likely wouldn't be making a profit on it.

random or planned i don't think it matters, if your not in a rush or don't need to sell something it doesn't hurt to have it listed for an absurd amount. i know plenty of friends who live with there homes always on the market at a super high price because theres 7 billion people in the world who knows someone might have to have that specific house for whatever reason and if there going to pay a crazy amount why not sell it, it can't hurt to just have it listed.

Last edited: May 1, 2014
  9. May 1, 2014 at 4:22 PM
    Trusso24

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner XCab
    I guess I'm just not like that.

I work extremely hard for my money, am never home to play with toys, let alone sleep in my own bed every night. things that I work for hold deep value for me because I rarely get to use them, and I know how many beads of sweat it took to earn.

10. May 1, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    JordanSmith127

Member:
    First Name:
    JORDAN
    SAN LUIS OBISPO & MARIN
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCSB 4X4 TRD SPORT
    ICON / LSK
    Dont get me wrong im not saying my stuff doesnt mean alot to me at all, just saying at the right price anythings for sale and the longer you hold onto it the less its usualy worth. I just dont like taking loses financialy which unfourtunatly happens as soon as u buy something :( i look at it almost like a game if you can find the the right deals and time things right u can realy make ur dollars go along way vs holding onto things forever...and to clarify my trucks going no where, not unless someone hits me up with that 30k offer i mentioned before tho lol

11. May 1, 2014 at 4:48 PM
    Trusso24

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner XCab
    That's why I bought a first gen so the value had already depreciated. I don't buy new things and just wonder how much $$ has dropped on the daily.

"Quality is remembered long after price is forgotten"

12. May 1, 2014 at 4:49 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    Exactly. I bought my truck almost ten years ago, as a single dude living in an apartment in another country. Now that I am back home and spend more time fishing and hunting than anything else, an LT caged taco is kind of overkill. That said, I turned down a $25K cash offer for it. It's paid for, why not keep it.

13. May 1, 2014 at 4:54 PM
    RJALLDAY702

RJALLDAY702 U MAD? OH U MAD

Member:
    First Name:
    RJ
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    2014 Toyota 4Runner
    6" Ruff Country DBL
    I've toyed with the idea of selling my truck.
    Annnnd then I smacked myself.

It's different for everyone and whatever situation they're in.

I have a pretty sweet set up here in Vegas. Once I get a DD, I have somewhere that I can store my truck full time, and a lift that I can take my time wrenching on things that break, and a welder that I can use for whenever I need to repair/fab something up (when I learn how to use it competently.) and not have to work about getting to work the next day.

As Jim stated, Miles are only for parts; and everything is replaceable. My ultimate goal for the truck (if no life issues get in the way) is to go full kill. And me not using it as a DD just puts me one step closer to that. I would never part with it, but like jordan said.. If I was offered more than it was worth, To where I could flip it and get to my goal faster.. I would definitely accept.

And as Logan said, Its paid for, why not keep it.

14. May 1, 2014 at 5:09 PM
    Trusso24

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony
    San Luis Obispo
    Vehicle:
    99 Prerunner XCab
    I'm just going full kill from the beginning. Bought a second truck for peanuts on what the LT truck has cost. Not like I get to drive either of them being gone all the time.

15. May 1, 2014 at 5:58 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    They sell them because they become a pain in the ass and money pit.

Anyone here replace an intermediate steering shaft yet? I'm thinking it is part of the problem behind my play in my steering. I feel like I'm driving a fuckin' boat. Everytime I hit a crack or a bump in the road the truck wants to drift/dart and the steering wheel has too much play in it.

That and the steering rack I bought off a guy here I have a feeling he got rid of for a reason... Tempted to bite the bullet and buy factory new parts.

16. May 1, 2014 at 6:38 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    They do eat a lot of parts.

Have someone sit in it and turn the wheel back and forth while you look for the slop. The bushings have a lot of play, and it could be in the shaft, but you will quickly find the problem.

17. May 1, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    Done that a lot. I feel like I'm constantly chasing the problem from part to part.

How much play should the rack have where the steering shaft meets it?

18. May 1, 2014 at 6:42 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    Maybe 1/8 of a turn or less?

19. May 1, 2014 at 7:52 PM
    anthony250f