DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-02-2014, 08:40 PM   #46861
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiatt1991 View Post
Wouldn't folks with LT worry more about dampening (ie shocks closer to the wheels)?

I do like the idea of being able to run shocks without having to run wheel spacers.

I know I could get a wider axle but I'm poor. Lol

What's wrong with wheel spacers?

Old 07-02-2014, 09:08 PM   #46862
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post

Says the guy who is running some haha

No wheel spacers here, but I'm running a skinny tire. I have 4.5" BS on my wheels though.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #46863
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Hey Tcyota did you say a 3.0 pickup radiator fits the tacoma prerunner? I just got a full aluminum one
it works with the motor, I don't know if it fits the stock mounts or not
Old 07-02-2014, 09:17 PM   #46864
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradyT88 View Post
Says the guy who is running some haha

No wheel spacers here, but I'm running a skinny tire. I have 4.5" BS on my wheels though.
Well played. I do have 1/2" spacers in the front and completely forgot about it. They are skewered with ARP wheel studs and are not the offset type that are famous for grenading.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:19 PM   #46865
TC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shedTC yota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
TC yota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
The only time shocks inside the frame will perform any different is with off camber hits and articulation. Pretty much un noticeable
this^^ they will still be just as effective during normal up and down action. I guarantee 90% of you guys that have the shocks mounted outboard will run when you articulate the rear suspension.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #46866
Skinkwerks Rockware & Fabrication!!
BradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradyT88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Cannon Crew Member
BradyT88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well played. I do have 1/2" spacers in the front and completely forgot about it. They are skewered with ARP wheel studs and are not the offset type that are famous for grenading.
I figured the 1/2" ones still used the hub studs instead of having their own studs like the ones in the pic.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:27 PM   #46867
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
are f55 leafs pretty much useless on a 1st gen? im running a 9" shackle through the frame..hanger to hanger isnt 52.5 though, its about 56"....wanting to do 12" over the frame with 50t pack
Old 07-02-2014, 10:41 PM   #46868
DMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
DMCtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
are f55 leafs pretty much useless on a 1st gen? im running a 9" shackle through the frame..hanger to hanger isnt 52.5 though, its about 56"....wanting to do 12" over the frame with 50t pack
I answered your question about the measurement a few pages back. But any of the other packs will work better because they will have more up travel do to it sitting higher from having more arch
Old 07-02-2014, 11:38 PM   #46869
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMCtacoma View Post
I answered your question about the measurement a few pages back. But any of the other packs will work better because they will have more up travel do to it sitting higher from having more arch
im picking up a 50t pack and t100 axle this weekend...going to change to the correct measurement when i go 12" shackle over the frame
Old 07-03-2014, 03:18 AM   #46870
I <3 Pink Tacos
JawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to beholdJawKnee is a splendid one to behold

Name: John
JawKnee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm running F55 with 9" shackle through the frame on my 1st gen 5 lug. My rear was set up by Tim at DMZ. Pretty sure he knows what he is doing. Never had an issue with my rear. In fact my front Chaos kit cannot keep up with the rear.
Old 07-03-2014, 10:30 AM   #46871
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Name: Chris
atvlifestyle's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

This is a buddy's truck. He was running a cheap adapter spacer so he could run his f150 rims. It was a good excuse to put a 9" under it. It was funny to watch him land a stepup and dig in as the tire rolls by.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:13 AM   #46872
jeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeffz0rz is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jeffz0rz's Tacoma Gallery
its a nice looking truck. I dig the simplicity of the light rack
Old 07-03-2014, 11:57 AM   #46873
MadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMadTaco461 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
MadTaco461's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
im picking up a 50t pack and t100 axle this weekend...going to change to the correct measurement when i go 12" shackle over the frame
56 sounds right for a 9" through the frame so the pack doesn't buckle when it flattens out.

I'm running the 50t with 12" shackle over frame at 52.5. Its a nice pack. You may need to pull a leaf if you sit too high. I have about 9" to 10" of up travel. 3 years old and still doesn't sag.
F55 is more for 5 lugs or if you have no weight in the rear. Great pack if you are sitting low.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JawKnee View Post
I'm running F55 with 9" shackle through the frame on my 1st gen 5 lug. My rear was set up by Tim at DMZ. Pretty sure he knows what he is doing. Never had an issue with my rear. In fact my front Chaos kit cannot keep up with the rear.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:09 PM   #46874
atvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant futureatvlifestyle has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffz0rz View Post
its a nice looking truck. I dig the simplicity of the light rack

The whole truck is pretty simple. Its something he threw together while he builds his bigger project. The 5.3 make it pretty fun to rip in.
Old 07-03-2014, 06:25 PM   #46875
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
is he rocking 4 out if 6 lug nuts in front lol
Old 07-03-2014, 07:06 PM   #46876
from Dirt bike to Dezert Couch
SDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud ofSDSam has much to be proud of

SDSam's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by magikbean562 View Post
is he rocking 4 out if 6 lug nuts in front lol
its a ford 5 lug
Old 07-03-2014, 07:31 PM   #46877

Should I run the 50t with 9" through the frame or just buy 12" shackles and move it to the correct spot
Old 07-03-2014, 07:38 PM   #46878
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
12 inch Shackle 52.5 and 50ts
Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #46879
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvlifestyle View Post
This is a buddy's truck. He was running a cheap adapter spacer so he could run his f150 rims. It was a good excuse to put a 9" under it. It was funny to watch him land a stepup and dig in as the tire rolls by.
Did he find the tire? I was driving my boss's dually down the freeway and got passed two tires. Thinking it was odd I looked in the rear view and realized they were mine! They went about a mile, and I felt really lucky they didn't hit any other cars.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:25 PM   #46880

Quote:
Did he find the tire? I was driving my boss's dually down the freeway and got passed two tires. Thinking it was odd I looked in the rear view and realized they were mine! They went about a mile, and I felt really lucky they didn't hit any other cars.

Ya, Michigan sand is very soft. It just bounced a few times rolled by and dug in.

I broke a hub on my quad taking off on a big step up. It ended up going half way across the track and almost hit a injured rider on the ground. Someone had to stop it so it wouldn't hit him. Kinda felt bad.

first jump below. Broken spacer was attempt 2.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Products Discussed in this Thread