DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Long Travel BS Thread

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-04-2014, 09:14 PM   #47621
once flirted with danger, danger got clingy
magikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmagikbean562 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: greg
magikbean562's Tacoma Gallery
i have the rustoleum from a can bed liner in there now. too bad the truck hasnt seen dirt yet to say how good it works lol
Old 08-04-2014, 09:27 PM   #47622
nfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shednfs257 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: GSM1
Name: Chris
nfs257's Tacoma Gallery
Long Travel BS Thread

I have tried 2 different aerosol spray on bed liners and it still just sand blasts it. My next try will be monster liner. You roll it on yourself.
Old 08-04-2014, 10:01 PM   #47623
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
Hey guys what kind of protection are you using to prevent sandblasting the bedsides? Is that line-x stuff in a spray can any good?
i advise roll on. Prep and sand the part you do as well.

edit: i just did it no more than a week ago since the white was really noticeable..

Old 08-04-2014, 10:34 PM   #47624
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I tried a few different spray and roll on products. They all have pretty poor UV protection so they turn chalky. They don't tend to flex well with how the fiberglass moves so they chip and crack. My line-x has held up great and the 5 year UV protection guarantee makes me happy that I don't have to recoat every 6 months to make it look "good" again.

Old 08-04-2014, 11:16 PM   #47625
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Bought this ESB kit off of matt! and some 10 inch dual rate C/O off DR and picked everything up today at joshua tree park for some offroading. stoked to have a front kit now! it was the last piece of the puzzle for me till a cage

Old 08-04-2014, 11:17 PM   #47626
REBELTACO
The Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe Traveler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
The Traveler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey guys what kind of protection are you using to prevent sandblasting the bedsides? Is that line-x stuff in a spray can any good?
I've always wanted to mold and cut out a piece of aluminum or something to bolt to the bedside as protection. So far just a thought in my head. lol
Old 08-05-2014, 06:22 AM   #47627
DMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDMCtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
DMCtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You could go to a place that does wraps and have them put a layer of clear on where they normally get blasted. 3m makes some really thick clear too. When it starts to get beat up just take it off and put more on.
Old 08-05-2014, 06:31 AM   #47628
Y2kbaja is on a distinguished road

Y2kbaja's Tacoma Gallery
I used thin ABS from Tap plastics and cut to fit, heat gun to mold. I used 3M double sided body side molding adhesive and it sticks good and has provided great protection. It's been on for over two years.
Old 08-05-2014, 07:21 AM   #47629
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Awesome, juan.
Old 08-05-2014, 08:13 AM   #47630
Findus11 will become famous soon enoughFindus11 will become famous soon enough
Findus11's Tacoma Gallery
what is everyone with a stock intakes and no inner fenders doing to protect their intake from water??? I was either going to go to Home Depot and pick up some material to make the inner fender or order some of that water resistant pre filter material and just rubber band it on... Any suggestions? Thanks!
Old 08-05-2014, 08:22 AM   #47631
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
what is everyone with a stock intakes and no inner fenders doing to protect their intake from water??? I was either going to go to Home Depot and pick up some material to make the inner fender or order some of that water resistant pre filter material and just rubber band it on... Any suggestions? Thanks!
Well most of us live in SoCal....not sure when I saw water last lol

I have a small prefilter with a hose clamp around it to stop larger rocks an debris from getting in there.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #47632
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post
Bought this ESB kit off of matt! and some 10 inch dual rate C/O off DR and picked everything up today at joshua tree park for some offroading. stoked to have a front kit now! it was the last piece of the puzzle for me till a cage

Nice! The 89-95 4WD hubs are a huge strength upgrade too. It's pretty much a 2" hollow snout. While it's off, Check all the Heims and Uniballs, easier to replace now ya know.

The Old Race truck with an 89-95 ESB Race kit on it.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:18 AM   #47633
The Mad Scientist
jberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjberry813 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
jberry813's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Findus11 View Post
I've tried just about everything you could possibly try in order to keep the factory intake. In the end, the only thing that has worked "well" has been an AFE intake with a prefilter.
Old 08-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #47634
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post
Nice! The 89-95 4WD hubs are a huge strength upgrade too. It's pretty much a 2" hollow snout. While it's off, Check all the Heims and Uniballs, easier to replace now ya know.

I remember that truck lol
Old 08-05-2014, 09:41 AM   #47635
Cuz Stock Sucks!
SDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shedSDHQ OFFROAD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

SDHQ OFFROAD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
I remember that truck lol
It still lives on with it's part's still kicking elsewhere!
Old 08-05-2014, 10:13 AM   #47636
desert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the sheddesert guy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan Blagg
desert guy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuansTaco View Post

Good Choice Juan!!
I used to race against that truck MDR days. ESB makes good stuff. Defenetly a good choice. Mike Clark made that kit I believe. Tyler Fain and a bunch of the ESB guys finished races with those kits
Old 08-05-2014, 11:02 AM   #47637
Mas Tequila!!!
JuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedJuansTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Juan
JuansTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SDHQ OFFROAD View Post

yep already getting on the uniballs while its off. i was thinking about getting it powdercoated but i may just paint it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desert guy View Post
Good Choice Juan!!
I used to race against that truck MDR days. ESB makes good stuff. Defenetly a good choice. Mike Clark made that kit I believe. Tyler Fain and a bunch of the ESB guys finished races with those kits
thanks bryan! i was talking to a lot of people asking about it and everyone of em said id run it in a heartbeat. so i jumped on it
Old 08-05-2014, 12:11 PM   #47638
anthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shedanthony250f is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
anthony250f's Tacoma Gallery
anyone run bilstein bypasses? thinking about trading my ssaws for some 2.65x17" ...the length is perfect for what i need.
Old 08-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #47639
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony250f View Post
anyone run bilstein bypasses? thinking about trading my ssaws for some 2.65x17" ...the length is perfect for what i need.
The bilstein 9100 is a great bypass! Do it
Old 08-05-2014, 07:19 PM   #47640
txmxer is on a distinguished road
txmxer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the advice earlier guys, I sold my midtravel double cab last weekend to buy a tundra, well today I looked at a double cab with a tc long travel kit in front and pulled the trigger, I'll probably be asking some stupid questions in the next few days while I fix up some stuff on the truck. It also came with a defined sua kit with deavers new in box.

So far I need to: get a front bumper built, get the little plastic pieces that go under the headlight and on top of the bumper, get a hitch, get the defined kit hooked up (hopefully with a space saver bedcage), and get the current saws rebuilt with new shafts or find some used coilovers to buy.

Products Discussed in this Thread