DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

LT Taco Anchorage

Old 08-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #21
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
2.5x18. Which comes out to 46.43" Extended and 28.50" Compressed
So at the point where the shock mounts to the cage, your talking about 1* of movement? maybe 2*. Once again, Not saying its a good idea, but I dont see how any harm could become of it given that small degree of motion. The loading of the shock eye isnt going to change, regardless of its orientation. Only its range of motion becomes compromised.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #22
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Name: Ben
08WhiteTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Mine swing about 3" forward at full droop and 3" back and full compression. if they did the rear correct they would need to swing at lease that. and that Spherical joint in the eye cannot take that kind of movement all the time. either the eye will fail or it will bend/break those shock mounts.

I really didn't understand why it was wrong until I looked at your truck. The way it is setup on yours makes it look like it would work a lot better.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:27 PM   #23
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08WhiteTRD View Post
I really didn't understand why it was wrong until I looked at your truck. The way it is set-up on yours makes it look like it would work a lot better.
Yeah where I have the bed cut is were the shock moves 3" forward and 3" back. At the bottom of the shock where it meets the axle my shock moves about 12" total through a full cycle.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:29 PM   #24
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Yeah where I have the bed cut is were the shock moves 3" forward and 3" back. At the bottom of the shock where it meets the axle my shock moves about 12" total through a full cycle.
Ok...I can see that being an issue. I thought it was 3" at the axel.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:40 PM   #25
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
sweet little truck, but it needs some help. that "baja" badge on the door needs to go, along with the rear shock issue being resolved

the dealership is high off their ass wanting $23K for that... thats a $10K truck... if that

i wonder if it was built up in AK... had to be
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #26
08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed08WhiteTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
sweet little truck, but it needs some help. that "baja" badge on the door needs to go, along with the rear shock issue being resolved

the dealership is high off their ass wanting $23K for that... thats a $10K truck... if that

i wonder if it was built up in AK... had to be
Yea when I drove by it the first time I thought it would have been around 10k but after I saw the price today I was shocked.
Old 08-28-2010, 08:48 PM   #27

I think Amaes payed almost 10k less, and got a much better truck.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:26 AM   #28
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You have a foot of forward/backward axle movement through your suspension travel? That's an awful lot.

What driveshaft are you running? To accommodate that much movement you'd have to run at least a 14"-16" slip to avoid having the driveshaft split in two.

I'm running a custom trophy truck driveshaft from High Angle Driveline on my truck and the 10" slip is more than enough with my 64" leaf springs. I probably have about 7" of fore/aft movement.
Old 08-29-2010, 09:45 AM   #29
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
It's about 6" forward and 6" back. If I have time this week when I'm at the shop I'll be able give an exact number.
Old 08-31-2010, 05:48 PM   #30
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
I'm surprised a dealer is selling something like this. Shit i should trade mine into Toyota and get a prius
Old 08-31-2010, 07:28 PM   #31
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
I'm surprised a dealer is selling something like this. Shit i should trade mine into Toyota and get a prius
you know how i know your gay?

j/k...but seriously, a prius???
Old 08-31-2010, 07:38 PM   #32
T0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shedT0LLPHR33 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

T0LLPHR33's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to T0LLPHR33
that's a sick Yota hard body...but the price is way to high...I bet it has put tons of hours of abuse on that thing not to mention the mileage...

but it is made really well...KING all around FTMFW!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:05 PM   #33
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

just noticed the leafs are painted silver...WTF
Old 08-31-2010, 08:15 PM   #34
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Yoytoda;2125469]you know how i know your gay?

j/k...but seriously, a prius???[/QUOTE

J/k on the prius

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
just noticed the leafs are painted silver...WTF
Color match. What's the problem
Old 08-31-2010, 08:16 PM   #35
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yeah it has been raining a lot this past summer. We had four days of sunshine earlier last week but that has been about it. It looks like rain for the next two weeks or so too.
worst summer on record!

where on base do you work?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:18 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
Color match. What's the problem
that kind of nonsense doesn't belong on a LT truck
Old 08-31-2010, 08:21 PM   #37
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrp192 View Post
worst summer on record!

where on base do you work?
Yea that sounds about right. This summer has sucked. It does always seem that it is pretty nice during the week and then rains all weekend.

I work ammo. Where do you work?
Old 08-31-2010, 08:46 PM   #38
REALLY!!
mrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmrp192 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: F-22 Crew Chief
Name: Brent
mrp192's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea that sounds about right. This summer has sucked. It does always seem that it is pretty nice during the week and then rains all weekend.

I work ammo. Where do you work?

I think we are going to have in a month..

90th AMU, Tams