DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Would you LT a long bed DC?

Old 09-01-2010, 09:40 AM   #21
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
yea and it's like $100 for 2 pieces of fiberglass that you are eventually gonna throw away down the road
Old 09-01-2010, 09:41 AM   #22
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
and it will still look funny without front long travel no matter what you do.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #23
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
few more questions before I start spending cash.
1) if i follom plan, spindles and coilovers 1st
will I be able to use the same coilovers and spindles when I make the jump to LT?
if so wouldn't give me like 8in of lift. 4in spindles+ 2in coils + 3in LT or so
that seems liike way to much for a true off road hispeed run.
help!
Old 09-03-2010, 11:23 PM   #26
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
He lift with lt will not be more than 4 inches. You don't use the coils for lift. As for the same shocks I think camburg is the only one you can use a stock coilover but you limit travel so kind of a waste.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:56 PM   #27
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
He lift with lt will not be more than 4 inches. You don't use the coils for lift. As for the same shocks I think camburg is the only one you can use a stock coilover but you limit travel so kind of a waste.

i dont want to use "stock" coilovers. I am thinking king or fox coilovers with the spindles. Then use them with LT.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #28
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
i dont want to use "stock" coilovers. I am thinking king or fox coilovers with the spindles. Then use them with LT.
i think he thought you were talking about stock coilovers since you probably wouldnt be able to use lt coilovers with just the spindles know what i mean?...correct me if i am wrong though
Old 09-04-2010, 04:35 PM   #29
Correct. You can't use lt coilover with just spindles. Lt coilover won't bolt into the coil bucket without an adapter and they are about 6-8 inches longer than stock
Old 09-04-2010, 04:45 PM   #30
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
LT coilovers are different than normal aftermarket coilovers. if that helps explain it any better
Old 09-04-2010, 04:48 PM   #31
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
^ it's true to get them out of the way in the beginning, but without a front tube bumper and the actual wide track it may look silly, but I did it a month before getting LT myself

EDIT:

Oh man so jealous of your custom skid plate! So jealous Hahaha
Old 09-04-2010, 04:50 PM   #32
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
longer will handle better in the desert too
Old 09-04-2010, 06:13 PM   #33
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
cool i was right haha anyways....you also dont have to get new coilovers to run spindles...if you plan on going lt in the front anyways you should probably just hold off on the coilovers because king and fox are so expensive and you wouldnt be able to run them with your lt unless(like bajamoon said) you get engage...unless you find a good deal on used oem replacement coilovers and just sell them later. hope i helped...good luck!!
Old 09-04-2010, 06:34 PM   #34
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekAV View Post
longer will handle better in the desert too
I thought it was the other way around.

No matter what, just go Long Travel.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
derekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to beholdderekAV is a splendid one to behold

Name: derek
derekAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
I thought it was the other way around.

No matter what, just go Long Travel.
i've always thought the longer wheel base trucks do better..might be wrong. Its prolly just a personal presence like most everything else lol
Old 09-04-2010, 07:25 PM   #36
Shorter is better, most race trucks are single or access cab. Shorter keeps you on top of whoops.
Old 09-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #37
uscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the sheduscg2008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: AMT3 kodiak 60T jayhawks
Name: coby
uscg2008's Tacoma Gallery
ryguy's truck is one of the sickest tacos i have ever scene. i hope to have mine that way within the next five years thats my goal
Old 09-04-2010, 08:55 PM   #38
Mine would be like that to if I won allot of money on the price is right
Old 09-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #39
Ok so stock coils,new camburg spindles, spinder trax, all pro fenders and rear LT to start!

LT and new front coilover later.

sound right?
Old 09-04-2010, 10:09 PM   #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
Ok so stock coils,new camburg spindles, spinder trax, all pro fenders and rear LT to start!

LT and new front coilover later.

sound right?

Sounds good, I would look into glassworks front fenders. Thoose are the best. If you want spidertrax I have a set that I used got two months and they are just siting around if you want to buy thrm