DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Would you LT a long bed DC?

Old 08-29-2010, 02:42 PM   #1
hockeypoor will become famous soon enough
hockeypoor's Tacoma Gallery
Would you LT a long bed DC?

I love my DCLB and would like to put LT on it. But how would it look? I wont do any racing but do like to drift and screw around when the dirt gets nice and wet.
Anyone have pic's of a Speedway blue DCLB with LT?
Old 08-29-2010, 02:43 PM   #2
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
yes haha they look sick
Old 08-29-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Hell yea...it'd look mean! I tried to find some SWB LB's but didn't find any
Old 08-29-2010, 11:05 PM   #4
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
the only long bed dc that i know is lt'ed is evotaco but his is silver.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:10 PM   #5
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
There are quite a few LT long beds so dont count yourself out just because of that. If you want it, and you think youll put the $12k to use, then do it.
Old 08-29-2010, 11:15 PM   #6
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
^^^ ya just do it, mine was a short bed now it's longer than a long bed. Like driving a Japanese Cadillac. Long and smooth
Old 08-30-2010, 12:08 AM   #7
Hi
dysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the sheddysfunctnlretard is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Manny
dysfunctnlretard's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
^^^ ya just do it, mine was a short bed now it's longer than a long bed. Like driving a Japanese Cadillac. Long and smooth
Just the way you like it, I heard.
Old 08-30-2010, 12:12 AM   #8
Camburg :)
Ptowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPtowntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryce
Ptowntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
I love my DCLB and would like to put LT on it. But how would it look? I wont do any racing but do like to drift and screw around when the dirt gets nice and wet.
Anyone have pic's of a Speedway blue DCLB with LT?
ye a DC LB with LT is my dream tacoma
Old 08-30-2010, 06:16 AM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
ryguy's old LT DC longbed

http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74409

http://www.dmzfab.com/ryanmac.html

go to 1:20 for the longbed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3MM2EJxENY
Old 08-30-2010, 06:24 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
i knew there was a SWB LT longbed... found it for ya

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...lley-pics.html
Old 08-30-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dysfunctnlretard View Post
Just the way you like it, I heard.

Don't think so ***
Old 08-30-2010, 06:29 AM   #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i knew there was a SWB LT longbed... found it for ya

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sou...lley-pics.html

Oh ya I forgot about Kevin, needs to paint that thing
Old 08-30-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
those long beds look awesome. I'm in. now to pick a kit. crap here goes another month of my life looking a the web and trying to figure that out
Old 09-01-2010, 08:27 AM   #14
The plan!
Since my kids take most of my money I cant do it all at 1 time. Here is what I am thinking in terms of doing a little at a time.

1) lift spindles and spidertrax on the front. with frenders.
2) long travel rear with bed sides.
3) long travel front!

I would do these in 6 month steps. does this sound like the way to go?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 AM   #15
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeypoor View Post
The plan!
Since my kids take most of my money I cant do it all at 1 time. Here is what I am thinking in terms of doing a little at a time.

1) lift spindles and spidertrax on the front. with frenders. please dont
2) long travel rear with bed sides.good choice! LT rear first is the best
3) long travel front!ohhh baby!!

I would do these in 6 month steps. does this sound like the way to go?
Old 09-01-2010, 08:51 AM   #16
the only reason I would get the fenders is because I thought that the spindles already widen the front track. Also if a by the first I wont have to buy them later.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #17
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ it's true to get them out of the way in the beginning, but without a front tube bumper and the actual wide track it may look silly, but I did it a month before getting LT myself

EDIT:
Old 09-01-2010, 08:59 AM   #18
^^^sweet skid plate/screen.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:00 AM   #19
Victory is reserved...
THExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shedTHExBUSxDRIVER is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: GOO5E
THExBUSxDRIVER's Tacoma Gallery
Yes, get the rear out of the way. I think its the most restricting.

I've seen caged beds with only mid travel up front and works pretty good.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:25 AM   #20
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
^ it's true to get them out of the way in the beginning, but without a front tube bumper and the actual wide track it may look silly, but I did it a month before getting LT myself

EDIT:
glassworks makes bumper end caps for using the stock bumper.