DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

First attempt at building a LT kit

Old 08-30-2010, 07:04 PM   #21
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
that looks sick man! cant wait to see it finished! good luck!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:30 PM   #22
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
What happened to ur batch lt kit?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:31 PM   #23
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
when did he have the batch lt?
Old 08-30-2010, 07:44 PM   #24
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08pretaco View Post
not sure but in his profile it says he has a batch lt kit
Old 08-30-2010, 07:47 PM   #25
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Definetly did not notice that...I am guessing the kit fell apart due to the shitty construction and put together of it though (I know that from other peoples post to a thread I had regarding their kits..)
Old 08-30-2010, 07:48 PM   #26
GETTN IT

Quote:
Definetly did not notice that...I am guessing the kit fell apart due to the shitty construction and put together of it though (I know that from other peoples post to a thread I had regarding their kits..)
ya thats why i asked.thats probably why hes building his own kit
Old 08-30-2010, 07:50 PM   #27
Almost there

Well OP haha What happened to the Batch kit??
Old 08-31-2010, 12:24 AM   #28
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
I think shocktaco had the batch kit, but it had hella bump steer, and he tried fixing it but returned it to Batch. Motoxdoer (Nate) knows shocktaco pretty well and they were both working on it. OP am I correct?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:13 AM   #29
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
dylan, that is a good question...
Old 09-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #30
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Still do passenger side in the front pics but had to disconnect the steering because mine turns all the way even at full droop

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
ya thats why i asked.thats probably why hes building his own kit
Quote:
Well OP haha What happened to the Batch kit??
Didn't fall apart just a prototype that handled like ass then I wanted some revisions Batch Racing disappeared phone cut off and websites gone. You get what you pay for

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I think shocktaco had the batch kit, but it had hella bump steer, and he tried fixing it but returned it to Batch. Motoxdoer (Nate) knows shocktaco pretty well and they were both working on it. OP am I correct?
What he said "hella bump steer". I work and Nate stops by every so often with a ton of bread lol
Old 09-01-2010, 09:05 AM   #31
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
^ Nate's a sweet heart
Old 09-01-2010, 09:20 AM   #32
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
^ Nate's a sweet heart
haha!!

Its great Nate works for a bakery and my neighbor works for frito-lay so I get bread and chips now all I need is a friend that works at Anheuser-Busch
Old 09-02-2010, 12:01 PM   #34
Dezert Toy Fabrication

BUMP! for some advise
Old 09-03-2010, 11:03 PM   #36
Dezert Toy Fabrication

more pics

I didn't touch the wheel you can see the bump-steer

droop

Ride height

bump

Old 09-04-2010, 11:16 AM   #37
Dezert Toy Fabrication

bump!
Old 09-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #38
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
bump!
Steer!

(sorry had to do it.)

Not sure how to fix that, man. It's got to do with the geometry between the suspension and the tie rod changing through the travel, but once again I dont know how to fix it. Best I can say is match the factory geometry of everything.
Old 09-07-2010, 02:58 PM   #39
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Have you thought about upgrading to heimed steering? THat would help it from binding.
Old 09-07-2010, 03:02 PM   #40
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Steer!

(sorry had to do it.)

Not sure how to fix that, man. It's got to do with the geometry between the suspension and the tie rod changing through the travel, but once again I dont know how to fix it. Best I can say is match the factory geometry of everything.
You son of a bitch! lol jk

yeah i got a few good tips should be road testing this thing some time tomorrow if all goes well

Just need to:
-weld on shock tabs
-install limit straps
-install hydro bumps
-replace carrier bearing (it shit itself 2 blocks from my house)
-paint
-MEGA HUCK!!!