DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

First attempt at building a LT kit

Old 09-07-2010, 04:04 PM   #41
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Have you thought about upgrading to heimed steering? THat would help it from binding.
I plan on doing that when I build my next kit its prob gonna be 4-5" over with vertical uni-balls for more travel
Old 09-07-2010, 04:11 PM   #42
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
I plan on doing that when I build my next kit its prob gonna be 4-5" over with vertical uni-balls for more travel
Sounds like you are making a JSI style race kit. Most people here on TW have never seen a kit like that. With something like that I'm pretty sure you are going to have to heim the UCAs and LCAs so you can get the proper adjustment to get it somewhat aligned to drive straight.
Old 09-07-2010, 04:36 PM   #43
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Sounds like you are making a JSI style race kit. Most people here on TW have never seen a kit like that. With something like that I'm pretty sure you are going to have to heim the UCAs and LCAs so you can get the proper adjustment to get it somewhat aligned to drive straight.
Only difference is I'm gonna design mine lol
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ries/88599.htm

I'm gonna do heim uppers but still use bushings on the lowers but that's down the road prob gonna do 10" coilovers with shock hoops and an engine cage
Old 09-07-2010, 04:40 PM   #44
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Only difference is I'm gonna design mine lol
http://www.dezertrangers.com/vb/part...ries/88599.htm

I'm gonna do heim uppers but still use bushings on the lowers but that's down the road prob gonna do 10" coilovers with shock hoops and an engine cage

Yeah I read that story over on TTORA also. lol

Sounds like you are going to build it right then. Makes me sorta wish I had a 2x4 still lol
Old 09-07-2010, 04:45 PM   #45
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Yeah I read that story over on TTORA also. lol

Sounds like you are going to build it right then. Makes me sorta wish I had a 2x4 still lol
My buddy has a tacoma just like yours he just pulled the front CVs and shafts

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157462&page=2
Old 09-07-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
My buddy has a tacoma just like yours he just pulled the front CVs and shafts

http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=157462&page=2
The whole reason i bought this truck and sold the 06 I had was because I needed/wanted 4x4 lol
Old 09-07-2010, 04:58 PM   #47
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
The whole reason i bought this truck and sold the 06 I had was because I needed/wanted 4x4 lol
Pshhhh just go faster lol

Yeah just having 2WD can get shitty real quick lol at least now I'm badass at driving in sand
Old 09-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #48
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Pshhhh just go faster lol

Yeah just having 2WD can get shitty real quick lol at least now I'm badass at driving in sand
yup. and when you do get stuck I can pull you out
Old 09-08-2010, 11:26 AM   #49
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Coming to surf and turf? or any of the Pismo meets?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:35 PM   #50
Dezert Toy Fabrication

I've been driving the truck for the past 2 days it handles great on and off road. I hit a some washboard type terrain last night going 70+mph it soaked it up no problem I maintained total control the entire time

I'll post pictures later today
Old 09-12-2010, 01:37 PM   #51
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I've been driving the truck for the past 2 days it handles great on and off road. I hit a some washboard type terrain last night going 70+mph it soaked it up no problem I maintained total control the entire time

I'll post pictures later today
Dude thats sick! Congrats and keep us updated
Old 09-12-2010, 01:52 PM   #53
rcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcbs204 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcbs204's Tacoma Gallery
In your last two pics it looks like something is rubbing on your rims on the inside?
Old 09-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #54
Thread Jacker
schiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shedschiz94 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Caleb
schiz94's Tacoma Gallery
post pics of finished set up with the wheels on
Old 09-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #55
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
x2
sounds like a success?!
Old 09-16-2010, 11:38 AM   #56
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
Dude thats sick! Congrats and keep us updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason'sLawnCare View Post
x2
Thanks will do

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcbs204 View Post
In your last two pics it looks like something is rubbing on your rims on the inside?
Yeah that was my last LT kit not built be me

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiz94 View Post
Need a camera the one on my phone broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by 113tac View Post
x2
sounds like a success?!
Ohhhh yeah!
Old 09-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #57
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Finally bought a camera

Plus its badass lol Badass Camera for sale

Time to do the rear

I ran into one more problem when I built my jig for the upper arms they cam out 3/8" too long so even with full adjustment on my alignment cams its off like a degree but I've been able to drive no problem already put over 1200 miles on the kit.
Old 09-28-2010, 02:54 PM   #58
joey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud ofjoey34mx has much to be proud of
Name: Joey
joey34mx's Tacoma Gallery
that thing looks tough! nice work
Old 09-28-2010, 02:55 PM   #59
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
looks good! when you gonna make one for a 5lug?!?! haha jk
Old 09-28-2010, 03:02 PM   #60
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Finally bought a camera

Plus its badass lol Badass Camera for sale
I ran into one more problem when I built my jig for the upper arms they cam out 3/8" too long so even with full adjustment on my alignment cams its off like a degree but I've been able to drive no problem already put over 1200 miles on the kit.
You running heims or bushings on the upper arm? How much over are your arms compared to stock? Truck does not look that wide reason I ask.

Edit: depending on the size of the upper arm you may be able to cut it and use the square bungs and run heims on the upper