DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

First attempt at building a LT kit

Old 04-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #161
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobber Bill View Post
Does your hole saw still have teeth? haha
yup hole is still fresh just no paint left lol

Just go slow about 400-500 RPM and lots of cutting fluid
Old 04-18-2012, 10:24 AM   #162
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Bobber Bill's Tacoma Gallery
Hey I don't knock on HF angle grinders. Mine see years of constant abuse before I have to replace them, half the time because I drop and break them.

That's my experience with the HD Chicago grinders anyway, I hear the Drill Master ones aren't as good.

I laid some chicken shit welds yesterday with ER70S-6 on some mild steel to Chromoly. Looked like it did ok once I slowed down and took my time.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #163
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Landon
Supermoto's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hey I don't knock on HF angle grinders. Mine see years of constant abuse before I have to replace them, half the time because I drop and break them.

That's my experience with the HD Chicago grinders anyway, I hear the Drill Master ones aren't as good.

I laid some chicken shit welds yesterday with ER70S-6 on some mild steel to Chromoly. Looked like it did ok once I slowed down and took my time.
Done that same setup a million times, i run migmix at 25cfm working pressure. ER70S-6 is kinda a universal wire.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #164
Bobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shedBobber Bill is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermoto View Post
Done that same setup a million times, i run migmix at 25cfm working pressure. ER70S-6 is kinda a universal wire.
25? Isn't that kinda high? Are you welding outdoors?

I think I'm gunna step down to .023 wire for smaller, more detailed work. Do you have any experience with ER70S-2 on mild steel to mild steel?

I don't want to have to keep switching MIG wires.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM   #165
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
25? Isn't that kinda high? Are you welding outdoors?

I think I'm gunna step down to .023 wire for smaller, more detailed work. Do you have any experience with ER70S-2 on mild steel to mild steel?

I don't want to have to keep switching MIG wires.
25 is a little high. What are you welding that requires .023? I weld everything with .030
Old 04-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #166
Supermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shedSupermoto is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I have a pretty big welder and a 20ft lead, just found 25lbs is the sweet spot for my setup. As for wire I run .30 and the same wire for everything.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:42 PM   #167
^ Makes sense.

I was thinking .023 purely for aesthetic reasons. Smaller puddle and tidier beads more like TIG.
Old 04-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #168

Quote:
^ Makes sense.

I was thinking .023 purely for aesthetic reasons. Smaller puddle and tidier beads more like TIG.
Totally makes sense especially if you were welding plate. I've gone to .35 before when I was welding all 3/16" and thicker
Old 04-26-2012, 04:06 PM   #169
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by JACOB3533 View Post
how much would you charge to fab another
Sorry I'm not doing that anymore just gonna concentrate on my own stuff for a while
Old 06-03-2012, 07:53 AM   #170
AFZ is on a distinguished road
AFZ's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great, keep us posted.
Old 06-06-2012, 03:45 PM   #171
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFZ View Post
Looks great, keep us posted.
Will do
Old 06-12-2012, 07:23 PM   #172
Benjamin Newman
Btnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shedBtnewman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Benjamin
Btnewman's Tacoma Gallery
Subbed!!!