Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

will LT work with a lift?

Old 09-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
09 Yota is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
09 Yota's Tacoma Gallery
will LT work with a lift?

if i were to install a 6inch lift with 35's is it still possible to incorparte a LT. or are they two individual set ups for the truck?
Old 09-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
yes, it's possible.

should you do it? HELL TO THE NO!!!
Old 09-14-2010, 05:07 AM   #4
09 Yota is on a distinguished road
Name: Ben
09 Yota's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the input. I've been doing a lot of reasearch and have pretty much decicded on LT. The only thing I can't seem to find is info on tire sizeing. Any suggestions?
Old 09-14-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
tire sizing will depend on the kit, fenders, etc.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:45 AM   #6
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09 Yota View Post
Thanks for the input. I've been doing a lot of reasearch and have pretty much decicded on LT. The only thing I can't seem to find is info on tire sizeing. Any suggestions?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
tire sizing will depend on the kit, fenders, etc.
yeah, it all depends... most people run a 33" tire, some go w/ a 35" tire but then you have to re-gear and thats just more money after you've already spent $4000+
Old 09-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #7
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yeah, it all depends... most people run a 33" tire, some go w/ a 35" tire but then you have to re-gear and thats just more money after you've already spent $4000+
eeehhhh over rated. only time i wish i re geared is when i go up steep climb's on the freeway which is rare.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:12 PM   #8
Metal Cutter
zero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud ofzero4 has much to be proud of

Name: Will
zero4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yes, it's possible.
Have people seriously done this? If yes I want to see what this madness looks like.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:20 PM   #9
bajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shedbajamoon is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: STEVE
bajamoon's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero4 View Post
Have people seriously done this? If yes I want to see what this madness looks like.

I think he has that kind of lift.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:25 PM   #10
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajamoon View Post
eeehhhh over rated. only time i wish i re geared is when i go up steep climb's on the freeway which is rare.
ditto, mon frere
Old 09-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #11
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
Its like frankenstein, it can be done but shouldnt

Old 09-14-2010, 07:42 PM   #12

^ thar she blows!

to top it off it's a trail distaster DB kit w/ no limit straps... wow.