DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

If you could make any style of Tacoma LT What would u choose??

View Poll Results: What Style of Tacoma for LT?
1st Gen Reg Cab 30 4.18%
1st Gen Access Cab 112 15.60%
1st Gen Double Cab 55 7.66%
2nd Gen Reg Cab 61 8.50%
2nd Gen Access Cab 166 23.12%
2nd Gen Double Cab 294 40.95%
Voters: 718. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #1
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: FN
Name: Kyle
Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
If you could make any style of Tacoma LT What would u choose??

So I've been thinking I've seen some LT trucks and I wanna know what style of tacoma would you choose if you where going to build one??
Old 10-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
well depending on if you wanted a weekend warrior or a chase truck I would get

weekend warrior: a 5 lug 1st gen to keep costs down and be able to have cash to blow for the suspension

Chase truck: probably a access cab 1st gen v6 5speed
Old 10-10-2010, 08:32 PM   #3
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen Access Cab!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:34 PM   #4
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
1st gen double cab.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:36 PM   #5
Sabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shedSabre is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
i like both gens in access and double ughh hard choice for me lol
Old 10-10-2010, 08:40 PM   #6

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
i accendently set the poll to close in 30 days is there anyway i can change it to be continuous?
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #7
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
First gen Access Cab. Second gens have to many things that make them not as good for LT. It also depends on what you want to do man. and What type of setup you are looking at. Also Parts for the 1 gens are a lot cheaper. Something that is always said in the LT group is "Its not if its going to break, but when and how bad." and "You gotta Pay to Play" Once you go LT EVERYTHING is expensive and you have to just suck it up and deal with it lol Also your truck will NEVER be done. there is always more to add and shit to fix.

The older Toyotas are also great platforms to start with. THere are some sick setups for them.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:46 PM   #8
JAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shedJAG is one of the sharper tools in the shed
JAG's Tacoma Gallery
sic!!!!!!

in2nite's truck^^
Old 10-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #9
Science!
AndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shedAndrewFalk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AndrewFalk's Tacoma Gallery
Don't care for the double cabs as much. It would have to be a regular cab or access...either generation.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:03 PM   #10
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
2nd gen regular cab FTW!!! hopefully that will be my race truck when im rich
Old 10-10-2010, 09:07 PM   #11
Leadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shedLeadgolem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
Leadgolem's Tacoma Gallery
I like the 1st gen access cabs. That's why I bought one. I keep tools etc in my access cab so I don't need to worry about somebody stealing them out of the bed. Without decreasing what I can hold in my bed with a locking cover or bolted in locking tool box.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:09 PM   #12

Sabre's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post

i really like your truck!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 09:26 PM   #13
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
x2 i wish i could LT my truck but i dont have the dough
Old 10-10-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen access!!lol jus cuz thats what i have.but all the choices would be sick
Old 10-10-2010, 10:00 PM   #15
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen over 2nd gen... 1st gens are easier to tear apart and build...

im partial to the double cab for the sake of internal storage in cab...
Old 10-10-2010, 10:38 PM   #16
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
1st gen DC. Fell in love with Mike's DC, that thing is sweet. Still makes me wish I was rich enough to have my 2nd gen as a DD with Mid and a 1st for weekend fun or anything else like border runs
Old 10-10-2010, 11:15 PM   #17
GETTN IT
th3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shedth3bigk0 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dylan
th3bigk0's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToucanV13 View Post
1st gen DC. Fell in love with Mike's DC, that thing is sweet. Still makes me wish I was rich enough to have my 2nd gen as a DD with Mid and a 1st for weekend fun or anything else like border runs
u can get a built 1st gen for pretty cheap
Old 10-10-2010, 11:55 PM   #18
You think I was rollin out here naked?
ToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shedToucanV13 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: MA
ToucanV13's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by th3bigk0 View Post
u can get a built 1st gen for pretty cheap
Not with 3 kids and getting booted out of the Navy cause they'd rather keep the turds around but I feel like I may have seen a thread about a DD LT 1st gen
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #19
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
I chose 1st gen ext cab. But I feel it really depends on what your are planning to do with the truck. Like Mike said 1st gen is easier to tear down then 2nd gen. I personally not a fan of the 2nd gen trucks. When there built they look good dont get me wrong but I have driven a few an it just felt uncomfortable to me. But when building a truck I think it depends on what you plan to do with it. If your planning to build a race truck I feel Ext cab is your best option. You get the extra cab room for all your equipment that a single cab lacks. If you building a prerunner/toy I think double cabs are awesome other then you loosing some room in the bed but you gain enough room to make it a 3-4 seater when done.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:52 AM   #20
Slamry
1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed1337Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kevin
1337Taco's Tacoma Gallery
1st Gen for sure..I would be less afraid for things to break and when things do I wouldn't feel as bad.