1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Need help with decision

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by Socalrunner, Nov 4, 2010.

1. Nov 22, 2010 at 1:28 PM
    Mxpatriot

Mxpatriot Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '06 4x4 AP LT and Locked
    I love my truck, but what I should've done was 5100's to level the truck, wheels and tires, and left it at that. With the money saved, I could've built one hell of a Polaris RZR or Yamaha Rhino UTV.

The UTV will go anywhere and do everything the truck could do and some things it can't. When you get stuck, a little 1,500 pound winch and a buddy or two will get you out of anything. Rolled it? Just flip it back over. Can't say the same about a truck.

Best part about it is when you're done, you load it up on the trailer and drive home in your truck that tracks straight, isn't leaking from the power steering rack, gets more than 14 MPG on the highway, etc...

2. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:29 PM
    bajamoon

bajamoon Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier

Well said, if you want to go fast in the dez get a bike or quad or a utv.

3. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:33 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    05 Taco with some crap welded to it
    mostly stock
    What a weiner. I will blow the doors off your razor any day of the week in any terrain, and go places you can't go, and if I roll flip my truck over and keep going, and get unstuck with a hilift and an E-tool, and drive home with one finger on the wheel with the A/C blowing snow. My ported CR500R on the other hand would be tough to keep up with. Point is if you guys would build your trucks a common sense way they would be extremely reliable, I know mine is. I also get about the same mileage as I did stock, but I did spend some cash buying all the stuff to tune it right. I also think most of you dudes don't realize how capable your trucks are, and you should get out in the desert more and push it some. Yeah you're going to find weaknesses, fix them better than stock and keep on truckin'.

4. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:35 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    quads and utv's are not faster than your truck. Bikes are if it's the right bike with the right pilot, till they run out of gas.

5. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:39 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    Yeah yeah yeah.:p I had a 2001 cr500 that would tear shit up out there and that is the only place i would ride. F**k track play in the dez

Edit: I can't stand quad's, never been on a utv but they seem cool for camp sites and putting around.

6. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:49 PM
    username

username Fluffer

Member:
    Pendleton, Or
    Vehicle:
    mostly stock
    My CR has full race porting, decked head, removed exhaust bridge, drilled and lightened wiseco, polished, balanced, etc runs on 120 octane or Alcohol/Nitromethane mixed. It's pretty fun, but it doesn't have a/c or a system and I end up in my truck more often than on that thing. Also due to the engine work I can suck a 4 gallon tank dry in less than an hour. at $14 a gallon I don't ride it much, lol.

7. Nov 22, 2010 at 4:55 PM
    bajamoon

Member:
    First Name:
    STEVE
    Whittier
    Mine just had a pipe because i liked to ride it.;)

Products Discussed in

To Top