DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Fiberglass Fenders

Old 11-27-2010, 03:42 AM   #1
willg37 is on a distinguished road
willg37's Tacoma Gallery
Fiberglass Fenders

This is for all you Socal LT guys. Anyone recommend any good body shops in the socal area who have painted your fenders? hopefully pretty cheap in price as well. thanks
Old 11-27-2010, 04:06 PM   #2
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: bullet sponge
username's Tacoma Gallery
I did my own with herculiner. Any body shop should be able to squirt them for $500 or so. It's pretty easy to do yourself too if your a diy kind of dude.
Old 11-27-2010, 06:19 PM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
after i crunched my fenders in october i'm over painting them... haha
Old 11-28-2010, 12:34 AM   #4
in2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shedin2nite is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 4/27th FA... MLRS.... Wertheim Germany
Name: James
in2nite's Tacoma Gallery
rattle canned..
Attached Thumbnails
Fiberglass Fenders-dsc_0601.jpg   Fiberglass Fenders-dsc_0607.jpg  
Old 11-28-2010, 09:38 AM   #5
Fluffer
username is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shedusername is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I used to paint dirt track cars that got mashed up every weekend. We would soak the spray paint cans in hot water, it helps thin it out some and increases pressure and gloss. If you have an air compressor and regular spray gun you can also empty out the rattle cans into a cup and spray it on with a gun. I turned out some nice paint jobs that way for like $15 in materials. Probably wouldn't last long, but for racecars it doesn't matter.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:47 AM   #6
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
after i crunched my fenders in october i'm over painting them... haha
now you see why i don't bother painting my fenders...
Old 11-30-2010, 08:39 PM   #7
CrUnKjU!c3 will become famous soon enough

Name: Amit
CrUnKjU!c3's Tacoma Gallery
i got mine painted at maaco collision repair and auto painting. pretty cheap 800 for my matte red paint job.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:12 AM   #8
willg37 is on a distinguished road
willg37's Tacoma Gallery
how has the maaco paint been holding up? ive heard mixed things about them
Old 12-01-2010, 07:14 AM   #9
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Rolling in a white truck. No paint needed.
Old 12-01-2010, 07:48 AM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by willg37 View Post
how has the maaco paint been holding up? ive heard mixed things about them
same here, but i've pretty much only heard bad things about maaco...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
Rolling in a white truck. No paint needed.
you planned that huh? haha
Old 12-13-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
lilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to beholdlilgerber is a splendid one to behold

lilgerber's Tacoma Gallery
mine was about 800 for fronts .. how do you open up a spray can?? I have 3 cans in speedway blue , a snap on paint gun and compressor might be interested in painting my rear my self.
Old 12-13-2010, 11:07 PM   #12
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
spray gun <$200, air compressor <200, paint to spray ur fenders and bedsides <200, ability to paint anything with aforementioned acquisitions >priceless
Old 12-14-2010, 07:53 AM   #13
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgerber View Post
mine was about 800 for fronts .. how do you open up a spray can?? I have 3 cans in speedway blue , a snap on paint gun and compressor might be interested in painting my rear my self.
turn it upside down spray until all the pressure is out of the can. The propellant leaves the can and the paint stays. Then poke a hole in the can and pour the paint into your cup and spray it.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 AM   #14
TacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura aboutTacomaMan07 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Chandler
TacomaMan07's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by in2nite View Post
rattle canned..
Old 12-14-2010, 08:12 AM   #15
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
i think its silly to cheap out on paint when so you guys spend big money on LT.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:15 AM   #16
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
i think its silly to cheap out on paint when so you guys spend big money on LT.
I managed to destroy at least 1 fender a year. If there's anything I can do to keep the cost of repairs down, I'm there. Maintenance is a killer.
Old 12-14-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I managed to destroy at least 1 fender a year. If there's anything I can do to keep the cost of repairs down, I'm there. Maintenance is a killer.
true but i dont think rattle can or bedliner a fender is the answer
Old 12-14-2010, 08:25 AM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
lol -- mine are still the same white primer they shipped with.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #19
Fluffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintdiddy View Post
true but i dont think rattle can or bedliner a fender is the answer
If I was rich I'd vinyl wrap it, but even that would get destroyed pretty quick. The desert creasote bushes are really hard, sparks fly off the chain when you cut it with a chainsaw. I had scratches to bare metal that were rusting. Since I herculined it I haven't had a single scratch, my rifle doesn't slide off my hood, (or beer for that matter), and I can wash it with a garden hose, no more wasting quarters knocking mud off. It's one of my favorite mods, and I like that it isn't pretty. Plus its funny to watch people pet it when they first see it,lol.
Old 09-09-2013, 02:45 PM   #20
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
In a world where the dead have returned to life, the word "trouble" loses much of its meaning.
-Dennis Hopper

And so I bring this thread back to life.

I have been rocking my front glass on my truck for about a year now unpainted since they came white to start with. I have had no worries about it until I got my bedsides. The previous owner bought them brand new from Glassworks but they were for a short bed instead of a long bed so I bought them more or less brand new from him. From the looks of it though it looks like they were stored outside in the element and are stained with dirt and got a couple little marks from shipping. I want to bedline the top of the bedsides to kind match the rest of the bed and tailgate, I've seen it on SCSPerformance's new truck he got and it looks good but I was wondering if it would be worth getting a Maaco paint job, a good paint job, or just rattle can/driveway paint job to match before doing the bed liner? I use it as a DD but plan to do the occasional trail here and there once the rear suspension is done. Any suggestions?

^SCSPerformance's New truck^