DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Towing with LT rear?

Old 01-05-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Towing with LT rear?

Okay here's my dilemma I got a got a new toy so my current toy/DD is gonna be my tow rig. I still want it to be capable off-road so I don't want to install a heavy duty leaf pack. Current set-up is bolt on deaver 10 pack so I'm gonna have to change packs regardless. I've made up my mind either use the 50T pack sitting in my garage or get the Defined Engineering set-up.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-05-2011, 03:12 PM   #3
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Yeah but I wonder how well It'll tow with those long springs
Old 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM   #4
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by straycat241 View Post
use the 50T pack since you have it, then you wouldn't need too much more stuff to complete the rear
I heard All Pro or some other distributor claim the 50T pack is a pretty heavy duty pack, capable of carrying more weight than other packs, ideal for chase trucks, so im betting that the 50T pack will be the winner in terms of towing and/or hauling
Old 01-05-2011, 03:34 PM   #5
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhawke88 View Post
I heard All Pro or some other distributor claim the 50T pack is a pretty heavy duty pack, capable of carrying more weight than other packs, ideal for chase trucks, so im betting that the 50T pack will be the winner in terms of towing and/or hauling
This^^^

My Deaver F67s SUCK at holding any weight at all besides the normal stuff.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:24 PM   #6
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
This^^^

My Deaver F67s SUCK at holding any weight at all besides the normal stuff.

Thanks for ruining my day haha. Im installing F67's maybe this week. Hopefully it can at least handle the small amount I do need to haul for work.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:34 PM   #7
Toyota Its Like A Jeep Thing Only Better
Socalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalrunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Socalrunner's Tacoma Gallery
Well if you balance your trailer right with the rig in it there should be very little weight on the tongue of your truck. So you dont need to much more heavy duty of a spring.
Old 01-05-2011, 11:03 PM   #8
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Thanks for ruining my day haha. Im installing F67's maybe this week. Hopefully it can at least handle the small amount I do need to haul for work.
How much weight?

THey hold quite a bit of weight but you can't tow with them is what I meant. 50T will be better for that. The F67s are really soft.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:08 AM   #9
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
no idea what the work trailer weighs but tongue weight actually is very very low. My boat however may be a different story. Probably a god excuse to sell the boat to pay for the cage and a supercharger though
Old 01-06-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Boats are for semen anyways lol
Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
wo ai ni bao bei ^_^
blackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shedblackhawke88 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

blackhawke88's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktaco View Post
seemin
Old 01-06-2011, 10:52 AM   #12
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
semen / sea men haha get it

Old 01-06-2011, 10:59 AM   #13
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Niiice good news

Quote:
Originally Posted by Socalrunner View Post
Well if you balance your trailer right with the rig in it there should be very little weight on the tongue of your truck. So you dont need to much more heavy duty of a spring.

Good thinking I'm gonna modify an old trailer so i can put the axles where they need to be

I'm gonna cut it in half lol