DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Engage LT with full ALLPRO Trail Armor ?

Old 02-02-2011, 04:12 PM   #21
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
UPDATE!!!! Just got off the phone with Engage. Going to schedule an appointment when I get home to get the truck into the shop. Front LT with king shocks Rear links! fiberglass fenders, bed cage, and a racing roll cage! bumpers will be discussed when I get it in the shop! going to take about 2 - 3 months for the work to get done because its racing season. Just a heads up Engage will not install a rear link LT without you having a roll cage for liability reasons! AHHHH im excited!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:23 PM   #22
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Congratulations
Old 02-02-2011, 04:26 PM   #23
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
UPDATE!!!! Just got off the phone with Engage. Going to schedule an appointment when I get home to get the truck into the shop. Front LT with king shocks Rear links! fiberglass fenders, bed cage, and a racing roll cage! bumpers will be discussed when I get it in the shop! going to take about 2 - 3 months for the work to get done because its racing season. Just a heads up Engage will not install a rear link LT without you having a roll cage for liability reasons! AHHHH im excited!
Nice post lots of pics.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:12 PM   #24
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas Computer View Post
You'll be the first on TW to have a linked 2nd gen I think..

Wow
BlackHawke88 has a linked rear end same year as mine too.
Old 02-02-2011, 06:27 PM   #25
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
He has leafsss
Old 02-02-2011, 06:30 PM   #26
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
That's going to be one hell of a truck... I hope you know what you're getting yourself into!

Make sure when you cage the truck, you do it from bumper to bumper (engine cage flows into cab cage flows into bed cage). You'll thank yourself later. Gusset everything (UCA's, coil buckets, etc.).

If you don't mind, how much did they quote you on building your truck?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:42 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
That's going to be one hell of a truck... I hope you know what you're getting yourself into!

Make sure when you cage the truck, you do it from bumper to bumper (engine cage flows into cab cage flows into bed cage). You'll thank yourself later. Gusset everything (UCA's, coil buckets, etc.).

If you don't mind, how much did they quote you on building your truck?
well the price is all up in the air at the moment. because ill be getting it all done in one shot he said he'll cut me a deal on the labor and he should be able to get a deal on his parts so he'd pass that on to me. talks about getting some parts at cost too. but no discounts with cage front and rear links shocks and fiberglass fenders racing and racing seats 17K parts and labor. that was a quote if he did it peice by peice without any discounts he said he would shave several thousand off that. we will see when it comes down to it but i expect well under 15. ill give you guys the real quote when it comes down to it. they also do 10% automatically off any parts that they dont fab. so keep in mind that price was without anyt discounts and rounded up alot haha.

ktmrider I may be wrong I am new to this but it looks to me like his leafs are on links?
Old 02-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #28
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Those are shackles not links!...but can't wait to see you truck linked!
Old 02-02-2011, 06:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Those are shackles not links!...but can't wait to see you truck linked!
thanks for clearing that up!
Old 02-02-2011, 08:14 PM   #30
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Engage can fab you a tube bumper for a good price. Trust me, once you go LT, your foot stays on the skinny pedal.

word... until you break the truck from pushing it too hard.. hahahah...

my truck is STILL broken... getting that taken care of soon though...
Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
word... until you break the truck from pushing it too hard.. hahahah...

my truck is STILL broken... getting that taken care of soon though...
What do you recommend for a bumper then??? maybe they could go with a thicker tube?????
Old 02-03-2011, 06:21 AM   #32
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
What do you recommend for a bumper then??? maybe they could go with a thicker tube?????

He broke motor mounts. A thicker bumper won't help there. Did they say if they are gusseting everything also? I would guess saying its all race prep stuff but still wanna make sure everything from UCA mounts to shock mounts to motor mounts are gusseted.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #33
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

x2....

i strongly recommend you drop the extra dough and get as much gusseted as possible...

i hit a ditch similar to what Aaron hit, while chasing for an Engage race truck at the Powder Puff race in October... the impact was so hard, the motor mounts could not hold together... the suspension held up fine, but that energy had to go somewhere and the motor was the next weakest link...

i have gusseted spindles which held up just fine, but my frame isn't boxed so the gusseted motor mount sheared off the stock frame...

look into having your frame boxed, your driver side motor mount either gusseted or converted to solid mount, gusset your stock spindles, etc...

if planning to drive the truck like a chase truck or race truck though, you will want to consider caging the whole truck from front bumper to rear...

other than that, i haven't had any other issues... even with hucking the truck...

it's been the times i was chasing during a race that anything's broken...
Old 02-03-2011, 08:26 AM   #34
LT Chase Truck

as to your original question, find out the weight of the trail armor first and make your calculations from there...

i don't know if you will really need sliders...

the shop trucks don't run sliders, and mine even has the stock sidesteps... i haven't had anything happen to them yet...
Old 02-03-2011, 08:31 AM   #35
Going nowhere as fast as possible
imtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shedimtwistd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: I forgot
imtwistd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
You usually would not want a front heavy truck if you are interested in playing in the desert. Most prerunners do not mount heavy plate bumpers or winches in the front. Just skidplates for lawn dart protection. Example:

Now if you are using LT to crawl, then you should be okay...but out in the desert you stuff tires all day through the jumps and whoops and you don't want coil bind.

P.S. Mike is a Crazy driverrrrr hahaha :P
Nice nose plant
Old 02-03-2011, 08:33 AM   #36
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by imtwistd View Post
Nice nose plant
i aim to please... hahaha...

i try not to do that anymore though since im not caged...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:20 AM   #37
Lil'Taco has a spectacular aura aboutLil'Taco has a spectacular aura about

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas Computer View Post
What do you wanna be a rock crawler or run desert?

but heres what itd look like... just with a different LT kit.

What are the specs on this one? Is that the All Pro LT kit on the front? What is on the rear I really like the stance on this one and would like to know a little more about it if anyone knows...
Old 02-03-2011, 09:22 AM   #38
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
What are the specs on this one? Is that the All Pro LT kit on the front? What is on the rear I really like the stance on this one and would like to know a little more about it if anyone knows...
http://www.allprooffroad.com/fjfront...n/fjlongtravel

scroll down and you will see that pic on there...
Old 02-03-2011, 02:27 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
x2....

i strongly recommend you drop the extra dough and get as much gusseted as possible...

i hit a ditch similar to what Aaron hit, while chasing for an Engage race truck at the Powder Puff race in October... the impact was so hard, the motor mounts could not hold together... the suspension held up fine, but that energy had to go somewhere and the motor was the next weakest link...

i have gusseted spindles which held up just fine, but my frame isn't boxed so the gusseted motor mount sheared off the stock frame...

look into having your frame boxed, your driver side motor mount either gusseted or converted to solid mount, gusset your stock spindles, etc...

if planning to drive the truck like a chase truck or race truck though, you will want to consider caging the whole truck from front bumper to rear...

other than that, i haven't had any other issues... even with hucking the truck...

it's been the times i was chasing during a race that anything's broken...
Thanks for the advice Ill have to discuss details with engage when the time comes closer. I would hope it would be gusseted the for the price. yeah as of right now this is my only vehicle so I wont be wanting to sheer anything off sounds like a good investment. thanks for the input everyone its greatly appreciated!
Old 02-03-2011, 07:40 PM   #40
ktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shedktmrider is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ktmrider's Tacoma Gallery
His SN is Freeze on TTORA, im guessing its the allpro 3 inch leaf pack, but look at all the shit in the bed thats weighing it down.