DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Engage LT with full ALLPRO Trail Armor ?

Old 01-28-2011, 04:17 AM   #1
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
tostidos's Tacoma Gallery
Engage LT with full ALLPRO Trail Armor ?

Ok guys wonder if any of you are running the Engage or simliar LT Kit with ALLPRO Bumpers/Skids/Rockguards. Been mulling it over and am wondering if the ALLPRO setup all around is too heavy for LT. Im not going to race my truck but i want it to perform and be adequately protected in all environment including wooded areas as well as the open desert. If I decide to go with it I will post pics and let you guys know how it works out. Post your ideas even if you arent running this setup and input would be appreciated. not an easy decission considering all the goodies from allpro including a winch is ~$5K installed.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
Ok guys wonder if any of you are running the Engage or simliar LT Kit with ALLPRO Bumpers/Skids/Rockguards. Been mulling it over and am wondering if the ALLPRO setup all around is too heavy for LT. Im not going to race my truck but i want it to perform and be adequately protected in all environment including wooded areas as well as the open desert. If I decide to go with it I will post pics and let you guys know how it works out. Post your ideas even if you arent running this setup and input would be appreciated. not an easy decission considering all the goodies from allpro including a winch is ~$5K installed.
I think for your intended use thats a great set-up. You may want to talk to All-Pro about different spring rates and valving on your new coil overs to compensate for the extra weight of the armor and winch.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
McGrubber
woody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwoody6047 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Blacksheep of the DOD
Name: Beau
woody6047's Tacoma Gallery
Keep in mind the engage and TC Long travel kits make your truck quite a bit wider in the front, so if trails is your main thing you may want to look at the AP long travel kit as well. Its not as wide from what i understand and you can still get decent articulation. Someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #4
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by woody6047 View Post
Keep in mind the engage and TC Long travel kits make your truck quite a bit wider in the front, so if trails is your main thing you may want to look at the AP long travel kit as well. Its not as wide from what i understand and you can still get decent articulation. Someone correct me if im wrong.
No man your right. I thought he had picked the All-Pro kit.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:16 AM   #5
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Wouldn't you need big glass fenders too, which wouldn't line up with the AP bumper? (well I don't think it would) and I don't believe the AP glass fenders would have a large enough opening for running the Engage kit
Old 01-28-2011, 04:19 PM   #6
tostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shedtostidos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Wouldn't you need big glass fenders too, which wouldn't line up with the AP bumper? (well I don't think it would) and I don't believe the AP glass fenders would have a large enough opening for running the Engage kit
Ill have to check but ALLPRO has glass fenders and I assume they match up to their bumper. also it may not be enough for the engage kit. Ill have to ask but when i was talking to Engage they told me there shouldnt be any issues with the allpro bumper as far as clearances. I understand that it'll be a little wider but the majority of my wheeling will be in open desert i just want the option to go into some trails if it comes up. thanks for the input I will definitely ask about valving now!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandmas Computer View Post
What do you wanna be a rock crawler or run desert?
Desert Runner no doubt! Thanks for the pic! Looks great!
Old 01-28-2011, 04:22 PM   #8
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro is 2+ wider then stock
Old 01-28-2011, 04:23 PM   #9
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
check out Chase's built

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...-pictures.html
Old 02-01-2011, 02:03 PM   #10
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
You usually would not want a front heavy truck if you are interested in playing in the desert. Most prerunners do not mount heavy plate bumpers or winches in the front. Just skidplates for lawn dart protection. Example:

Now if you are using LT to crawl, then you should be okay...but out in the desert you stuff tires all day through the jumps and whoops and you don't want coil bind.

P.S. Mike is a Crazy driverrrrr hahaha :P
Old 02-01-2011, 02:09 PM   #11
How many words can be fit in this s
jdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdkeller is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jonathan
jdkeller's Tacoma Gallery
A nice tubed front bumper with a skidplate will protect you just fine. You can also do a tube/plate hybrid rear bumper if you want. KR Fab is in Lancaster and he can make you whatever you want at a fair price. Perhaps you want a hyrid front bumper as well?
Old 02-01-2011, 02:21 PM   #12
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post

Now if you are using LT to crawl, then you should be okay...but out in the desert you stuff tires all day through the jumps and whoops and you don't want coil bind.
You need to set up bumps correctly and you wont be coil binding reguardless of what bumper you have. Coil bind is bad news and will ruin your shocks
Old 02-01-2011, 09:41 PM   #13

Hmm good info. I was told by engage that there isnt any clearance issues with the bumper but i can see being heavy in the front would bring the front end down more. maybe I should reconsider. The ALLPROs look sweet but maybe that is going overboard. probably cheaper for tube bumpers?!
Old 02-01-2011, 09:44 PM   #14

But also I dont plan on jumping this fucker like mike till the warranty is gone and i replace it as my daily driver. that white taco looks sick.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 PM   #15
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not bad, yea that's Freeze's truck it's sweet, uhm well if you go with the APbumper, I'm sure with a new/stiffer spring and some revalving you should be able to ride fine without any sag!
Old 02-01-2011, 10:28 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Not bad, yea that's Freeze's truck it's sweet, uhm well if you go with the APbumper, I'm sure with a new/stiffer spring and some revalving you should be able to ride fine without any sag!
another question for engage when I get the LT. Ill be posting a build thread eventually and Ill let everyone know what was recommended and what I did.
Old 02-01-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
Max's Canadian Twin

Yea, make sure you keep us up to date on what's going on!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:02 AM   #18
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
Engage can fab you a tube bumper for a good price. Trust me, once you go LT, your foot stays on the skinny pedal. You should be good with a 600 lb. spring rate. Save money and then you can do the rear!
Old 02-02-2011, 01:33 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
Engage can fab you a tube bumper for a good price. Trust me, once you go LT, your foot stays on the skinny pedal. You should be good with a 600 lb. spring rate. Save money and then you can do the rear!
I like the way you think. how much you think the bumpers and skids would run from them? maybe they can hook me up for full front and rear with bumpers and skids for around 10k? that would be a sick deal!
Old 02-02-2011, 04:30 PM   #20
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tostidos View Post
I like the way you think. how much you think the bumpers and skids would run from them? maybe they can hook me up for full front and rear with bumpers and skids for around 10k? that would be a sick deal!
mccneil off road did this kids truck with trailing arms kings, 17 inches of travel, front and rear. front and rear bumpers and a bed cage. for 7k! oh and an engine cage!