DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Lt front with mid rear advice.

Old 02-22-2011, 10:53 PM   #1
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Lt front with mid rear advice.

After seeing so many nice looking LT trucks here I really want to LT my truck as well. Here is my question I currently have the all pro 1.5 full leaf with the fox 2.0 with piggy in the rear. I am debating to run either engage or the all pro LT, really leaning towards engage tho, can I still run it with my rear setup and Lt the front for now until I can save and do the rear or would the rear give out?
Old 02-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
You'll have a pretty bad bro lean and the front end will way out perform the rear, but yea you can do it.
Old 02-23-2011, 08:15 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
you can, but honestly the way to if your going to LT one end and have the other mid trav, you want to LT the rear first

what are you running in the front suspension?

here is prob the best bang for you buck to LT the rear

http://www.definedengineering.com/products.html

i had LT front and mid trav rear and it was fun, but i couldn't really use the front close to it's full potential because once going a good speed through rough terrain and whoops the rear end would start to buck and kick up... had to slow down to keep control of the truck
Old 02-23-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxpatriot View Post
You'll have a pretty bad bro lean and the front end will way out perform the rear, but yea you can do it.

You have the All Pro LT right? How does that work out for you, what type of rear setup are you running thanks.
Old 02-23-2011, 11:19 AM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
i been running LT up front and mid travel in rear.... hasn't stopped me yet out in the desert...

my broken motor mount stopped me, but other than that, the set up has survived the past 2 years...

you won't be able to drive as fast as the trucks fully built front and rear, but if you don't have the money to do it all at once, then take your time and do it all in pieces...
Old 02-23-2011, 04:03 PM   #6
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
why do people say do the rear first? saving to buy nelson18matts front end...
Old 02-23-2011, 04:48 PM   #8
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
what Paul just said...

although if you know how your truck rides, and get familiar with the terrain, you can still have your fun until you get the money to do the rear...

you don't necessarily have to build the truck up so quickly if you don't have all the money at once...

nothing wrong with building the truck up in stages...

just a matter of how you want to do it and in what order...
Old 02-24-2011, 07:38 AM   #9
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

buck...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb16e...layer_embedded
Old 02-26-2011, 12:56 PM   #10
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
You have the All Pro LT right? How does that work out for you, what type of rear setup are you running thanks.
Yes I do. Works very well and is a very durable/well built kit.

I'm running an AP 3'' leaf pack, Timbren bumpstops, and Fox 2.0 RR's in the rear. The rear is a world improvement over stock, but a world away from an LT rear end. Just go look at the back end of your truck and look at how much distance there is between your bumpstop and your frame. Just a couple of inches, that's all the up travel you get without going LT.

So when you go airborne and the rear has a chance to unspring itself and hang down a little, it soaks things up really well. But when you're just running down a rough road, it only has that couple of inches worth of travel to work with to soak up the bumps.

I plan on picking up an ATO shackle flip kit to add some travel, as well as swapping out to hydraulic bumpstops. I have the bumps, I just need to buy some mounts and weld them on.
Old 03-02-2011, 12:16 PM   #11
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
haha matt that is a serious buck!
Old 03-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trifenix View Post
haha matt that is a serious buck!
haha, yeah dude, that was before rear LT

that was scary and unexpcted, i hit the jump and then all of a sudden all i saw was the ground and was like "oh crap!"...lol
Old 03-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #13

Thanks everyone but I got the All pro LT kit.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:43 PM   #14

Kit installed by my little boy.

Old 03-13-2011, 09:49 PM   #15
jblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjblaze805 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: SGT United States Marine Corps
jblaze805's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Kit installed by my little boy.

ur trucks is badass....
Old 03-13-2011, 09:50 PM   #16
He who angers you conquers you
Unknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnknown is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
Unknown's Tacoma Gallery
sick!
Old 03-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #17
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
You taught that kid well! Looks awesome!
Old 03-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.B. View Post
You taught that kid well! Looks awesome!

Hahah yes he's a fast learner. Thanks everyone I will post up better pics this week.
Old 03-13-2011, 10:05 PM   #19
S.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shedS.B. is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
S.B.'s Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hahah yes he's a fast learner. Thanks everyone I will post up better pics this week.
Faster than I was. I was taking apart and puting my dike together at 5. And hes what? and working on your truck. Lucky. Can't wait to see that thing in the desert.