DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Glassworks fender help

Old 04-23-2011, 12:02 AM   #21
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
haha no problem, i helped out my cousin put some on his tacoma and they were a bitch! but i think they look awesome! thats what im going with, i just sold my glassworks to socalrunner and going with fiberwerx soon! post pics when your done!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:08 AM   #22
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
haha no problem, i helped out my cousin put some on his tacoma and they were a bitch! but i think they look awesome! thats what im going with, i just sold my glassworks to socalrunner and going with fiberwerx soon! post pics when your done!
Nice! I want glass but was planning on doing it later. I had an incident that caused my driver side fender to get messed up so I figure just get the glass now. I don't want too much rise or flare and the fiberwerx seem to have less. I'll definitely get pictures up ASAP.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:12 AM   #23
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Nice! I want glass but was planning on doing it later. I had an incident that caused my driver side fender to get messed up so I figure just get the glass now. I don't want too much rise or flare and the fiberwerx seem to have less. I'll definitely get pictures up ASAP.
really? less flare? well maybe for the 4runner but as far as i know from smallest to biggest flare on the tacoma theres: all pro, glassworks then fiberwerx being the biggest haha but yeah post pics!
Old 04-23-2011, 12:19 AM   #24
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Accoridng to the website Fiberwerx has 4.5" bulge, while glassworks has 4" flare 2" rise. I like how the fiberwerx flow with the vehicle though. I dunno I'm still debating. There are people running glassworks now, so that's why I'm thinking of going with Fiberwerx.
Old 04-23-2011, 12:22 AM   #25
IMO theres too many people running glass and i like the bigger bulge and the TT bedsides, those are the best part! glass is meh...average
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 AM   #26
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Here is my inner fender made out of my mudflaps lol. My concern is water getting on the filter more than anything. Ive also looked and a well placed rock off my tire going towards the headlights would do some damage to the backside of the light/plug too. I know riveting it in may have been a little much but I have the gun its fun so what the hell

Old 04-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #27
Señor Member
AC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shedAC13JohnG is one of the sharper tools in the shed

AC13JohnG's Tacoma Gallery
I have run a couple small body shops while being a paint and body man. It is rare that you can ever put on a piece of fiberglass that doesn't require a good amount of bodywork to make it fit and look good. Usually you have to trim the shit out of it, add in some places to get the gaps right, and use some filler to get the waves out of them. That's just how it is.
Old 04-23-2011, 10:15 PM   #29
Screw your MPG's

Post pics ASAP!
Old 04-23-2011, 11:33 PM   #31
Screw your MPG's

No once they are on!
Old 04-24-2011, 03:02 AM   #33
Xbox GT: Yodaman8806
Underdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shedUnderdog777 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Ground Support Shop Foreman/HAZMAT NCO, 1916 SPT BTN, 699th Maintenance Co.
Name: Matt
Underdog777's Tacoma Gallery
Subscribed. Still waiting on mine to show up. Glassworks supposedly sent them out last Friday. I'm only in AZ, how freak'n long does it take?? Anyone have some price estimates off the top of their heads for painting cost? Just looking to get an idea before I return to the states. Thanks guys.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #35
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Maybe this will help you guys

http://www.trailslesstraveled.com/ar...ers--bedsides/

http://www.desertrides.com/reference/fiberglass.php

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=297169
Old 04-25-2011, 05:11 PM   #36
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Underdog777 View Post
Subscribed. Still waiting on mine to show up. Glassworks supposedly sent them out last Friday. I'm only in AZ, how freak'n long does it take?? Anyone have some price estimates off the top of their heads for painting cost? Just looking to get an idea before I return to the states. Thanks guys.

dam i just got mine from glassworks on friday! but my friend picked them up for me and she came back to az, no shipping for me should have posted something so you would have saw it... didnt think of it.

yeah my front fenders was minor sanding. my rears took me 5-6 hours of nonstop work to get them on... fml
Old 04-26-2011, 03:51 PM   #37
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
dam i just got mine from glassworks on friday! but my friend picked them up for me and she came back to az, no shipping for me should have posted something so you would have saw it... didnt think of it.

yeah my front fenders was minor sanding. my rears took me 5-6 hours of nonstop work to get them on... fml
Any photos? I got the bottle jack out this weekend and stretched my rears out
Old 02-29-2012, 06:02 AM   #38
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Bump.

Putting fenders on this weekend, very anxious about installation! Driving up to Richmond to pick them up.

With two people, could I realistically get the fenders installed in two days before my trip back home? I'm not so much concerned with the proper fitment and lined up edges as I am physically having them installed.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:10 AM   #39
A-TRAC Equipped
speedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shedspeedydave is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Dave
speedydave's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Bump.

Putting fenders on this weekend, very anxious about installation! Driving up to Richmond to pick them up.

With two people, could I realistically get the fenders installed in two days before my trip back home? I'm not so much concerned with the proper fitment and lined up edges as I am physically having them installed.
So you finally got them! Good for you!
Old 02-29-2012, 07:13 AM   #40
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydave View Post
So you finally got them! Good for you!
I had to cancel my order from Glassworks. I tried ten times a day with no response. I called Hannemann glass at 1:30 and had them shipped the same day!