DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Glassworks fender help

Old 02-29-2012, 09:23 AM   #41
Tacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacorunner87 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
Tacorunner87's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginiaBound View Post
Bump.

Putting fenders on this weekend, very anxious about installation! Driving up to Richmond to pick them up.

With two people, could I realistically get the fenders installed in two days before my trip back home? I'm not so much concerned with the proper fitment and lined up edges as I am physically having them installed.
Dont know about hannaman but with my glassworks I had them trimmed and installed in like 2-3hrs max by myself
Old 02-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #42
jtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjtlachac08 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jeremy
jtlachac08's Tacoma Gallery
The biggest bitch I had was trying to line up the headlight buckets without drilling for the furthest front stud yet.

Im happy with the way mine fit now.......took me six hours and a 12 pack to do both fronts tho lol.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:12 AM   #43
Vali is on a distinguished road

Name: Vali
Vali's Tacoma Gallery
It's a PTA

The headlights and relocate on the turn signals is a lot of work...

I've taken it on and off about 20+ times

Just have patience, it's worth it once it's done.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:16 AM   #44
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
did mine in 3 hours by my self with sanding for the fronts
Old 03-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #45
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery

Sounds good guys, thanks. I'm really just wanting to get them installed for now, I can tweak around with them next week.
Old 03-01-2012, 11:56 AM   #46
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
you will need to drill holes.... so unless you want to re drill holes just do it right.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:04 PM   #47
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97yota4wd View Post
you will need to drill holes.... so unless you want to re drill holes just do it right.
I'll have the fenders lined correctly, just probably won't sand this weekend as it's calling for rain.

And I'll be herping and derping with white fenders until I get a good day to paint.
Old 03-01-2012, 08:13 PM   #48
Whyareyoureadingthis?

And my last retarded question is this:

How much of the inner fender do you re-use? Something needs to be covering the engine compartment, right?
Old 03-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #49
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
nada... you will have to make new ones...or at least add to them but i dont know how you would do that and not have it look like ass...