DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Glassworks fender help

Old 04-22-2011, 02:14 AM   #1
bluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
bluetaco80's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks fender help

Hey guys im having some trouble lnstalling these front flared fenders i got from glassworks on my 06 tacoma just wondering if there are any tricks to help me out. Im having trouble lineing it up. Thanks
Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
fiberglass is a bitch and you have to show it some tough love. sanding the glass is usually required to get the glass lined up decently, but it will not line up "perfect"

just how it is...
Old 04-22-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
Guess I'll try a test fit tomorrow before I paint, but mine are used so maybe I'll get lucky and they'll fit right the first time...
yeah eddie, def make sure they fit before you have them painted, it would suck if you have to sand down the fenders in some spots while they are painted.

you should have an easier time since somebody have already done alot of the work and had them on a truck before...
Old 04-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #6
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
yeah eddie, def make sure they fit before you have them painted, it would suck if you have to sand down the fenders in some spots while they are painted.

you should have an easier time since somebody have already done alot of the work and had them on a truck before...
yeah it would suck I'd be pissed. I haven't taken a look yet at where the stock ones will pop off/unscrew yet either.

The liner on the inside will need to go from what I've seen. When I met up with Mike from Defined he had a really nice sheet metal lining and some steel mesh for ventilation but it still looked like it did a good job of keeping dirt and water out. Guess I'm concerned about the intake area as well but like I said I haven't really looked yet
Old 04-22-2011, 08:16 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Special_K View Post
yeah it would suck I'd be pissed. I haven't taken a look yet at where the stock ones will pop off/unscrew yet either.

The liner on the inside will need to go from what I've seen. When I met up with Mike from Defined he had a really nice sheet metal lining and some steel mesh for ventilation but it still looked like it did a good job of keeping dirt and water out. Guess I'm concerned about the intake area as well but like I said I haven't really looked yet
all that stock fender well stuff is gone on my truck and i havent had any problems with crap getting in the engine bay or intake...

mike does have a sweet set up with the fender well protecting... i wish i could build myself something like that
Old 04-22-2011, 08:18 AM   #8
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
contact socalrunner he just put some on!
Old 04-22-2011, 08:21 AM   #10
o_o
Special_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpecial_K is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard:
Name: Eddie
Special_K's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
all that stock fender well stuff is gone on my truck and i havent had any problems with crap getting in the engine bay or intake...

mike does have a sweet set up with the fender well protecting... i wish i could build myself something like that
well thats comforting at least I guess it's not to big a deal in cali

Mike's truck
Old 04-22-2011, 12:39 PM   #11
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
sanding I found is the way to do it

and even with the sanding they didn't line up perfectly
Old 04-22-2011, 03:42 PM   #12
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 04-22-2011, 03:46 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRrider450 View Post
bump
lol... what are you bumping for???
there wasn't a major technological break though in the installation of fiberglass over the last few hours

we told you what to do bud, sand the glass and show it who's boss. the glass will not fit perfectly, it never does. ever.

now get to work
Old 04-22-2011, 04:17 PM   #14
bluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
bluetaco80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rondog View Post
sanding I found is the way to do it

and even with the sanding they didn't line up perfectly
Thanks sanding did the job
Old 04-22-2011, 04:19 PM   #15
your TW web developer!
rondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shedrondog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ronnie
rondog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
there wasn't a major technological break though in the installation of fiberglass over the last few hours
Old 04-22-2011, 10:21 PM   #16
WRrider450 is on a distinguished road
Name: Ryan
WRrider450's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

we told you what to do bud, sand the glass and show it who's boss. the glass will not fit perfectly, it never does. ever.

now get to work
haha damn sorry dude. I actually was just trying to subscribe to this post but whatever man haha
Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 PM   #17
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
fiberglass is a bitch and you have to show it some tough love. sanding the glass is usually required to get the glass lined up decently, but it will not line up "perfect"

just how it is...

x2 Matt, your truck is looking sicker everyday!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:56 PM   #18
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Does anyone know if this is just with Glassworks or if it's all glass despite the company? I'm looking at Fiberwerx specifically for my Runner.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:59 PM   #19
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_wood View Post
Does anyone know if this is just with Glassworks or if it's all glass despite the company? I'm looking at Fiberwerx specifically for my Runner.
fiberwerx is supposed to be even more work than glassworks
Old 04-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #20
Screw your MPG's
jacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shedjacob_wood is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jacob
jacob_wood's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to jacob_wood
Damn thanks man.