DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

ready to pull the trigger

Old 05-09-2011, 09:35 PM   #1
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
ready to pull the trigger

i have my mind set on getting a long travel kit. i'll be getting some extra cash

in a few weeks.. and since i've had the truck i've been trying to find out what

kind of suspension setup i want for it and i think this is just what the doctor

ordered. and to think i really wanted a DB lift... thank god for TW..

however i'm still undecided on which kit to order..

Total chaos or All Pro.. search bar has really helped alot on researching each one.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:53 AM   #2
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
depends
what kind of off roading do you want?

all pro keeps the stock front fenders, tc doesnt.
all pro is not as wide as tc
all pros travel numbers are lower
if your doing narrow stuff stick to all pro
if your doing mostly desert and width isnt really a problem go with tc
Old 05-10-2011, 09:05 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
how much extra money we talking about because you can't buy a LT kit, throw it on and call it a day. whatever you are planning on spending... double it.

and like eric said, what types of terrain you planning to hit up? those kit are both LT kits, but two very different kinds of LT kits
Old 05-10-2011, 09:06 AM   #4
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
donate sperm.

its going to waste anyways
Old 05-10-2011, 09:09 AM   #5
Almost there
08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed08pretaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Oliver
08pretaco's Tacoma Gallery
CAMBURG!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:50 AM   #6
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
I live in the Phoenix area and all the trails I go to are wash type areas pretty sandy and fairly wide so the total chaos should fit through all the trails I drive.

I'm pretty sure I'll be able to afford the kit either way. I'm just worried about the quality and durablity of each one.

I was actually thinking of the rear and how I'd do that. I read something about a kit from a company called decide?? And I think I read that I can use the stock shock mounts and save bed space for my quad?? Not sure but iirc I read something about that

Thanks for the advice guys
Old 05-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #7
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dont worry about the durability of the TC kit... you will break every stock part on the truck before you break anything they build. i can't speak for all pro because i have never ran any of their products

the rear kit your talking about is defined engineering

http://www.definedengineering.com/

when i say double your budget i'm talking about having to build the rear end, gussets all the weak points of the frame and stock parts still being used, fiberglass, tires, wheels, fixing things when they break (which they will, many times) install, fabrication... the list never ends. if you have a LT truck and you use it, you will forever be spending money on the truck as long as you own it
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 AM   #8
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
That's the rear end I was looking at getting unless there's a better one for the type of application I'm looking for. Trying to save bed space for toys and such.

I understand I'll be forkin out alot of dough but I'm good for it and have read alot of lt stuff on here to know that going hard will eventually break something. But I'm prepared
Old 05-10-2011, 10:45 AM   #9
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
you can always do bed saver shock hoops that let you go through the bed but give you the bed space to haul your toys...

if you don't mind going wide up front, we got that covered too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nfzriq_LKas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bo4TuZL64oo
Attached Thumbnails
ready to pull the trigger-james-barstow-dec-2010-001a.jpg  
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #10
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
when i say double your budget i'm talking about having to build the rear end, gussets all the weak points of the frame and stock parts still being used, fiberglass, tires, wheels, fixing things when they break (which they will, many times) install, fabrication... the list never ends. if you have a LT truck and you use it, you will forever be spending money on the truck as long as you own it
x2

but it's so much fun out in the desert...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:52 AM   #11
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
I'll keep that kit in mind for sure!
Old 05-10-2011, 10:55 AM   #12
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
I'd really like to know how durable the all pro kit is.. If anybody has any input on that I'd appreciate it!!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paden View Post
I'd really like to know how durable the all pro kit is.. If anybody has any input on that I'd appreciate it!!
trust me, you dont have to worry about breaking a LT kit... other things will break long before you break the LT kit itself. all pro builds solid products

honestly, i dont see much point in you going with the all pro kit because you are not 4WD. for alot cheaper you could go with a bolt on mid travel kit and have almost the same travel numbers or for the same price you could get the TC kit, get more travel and have the ability to run a secondary shock.
Old 05-10-2011, 11:01 AM   #14
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Depends on how fast you plan on going. The only downside to the AP kit is that there's no mounting points for secondary bypass shocks. Other than that it's a really stout kit!
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #16
ɔoɯq

BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
I am 4wd. I guess I forgot to mention.

I'm not going to get into any organized race league or anything like that. I thinking about speeds around 40 - 60 mph in the wash and washboards I'm introduced to here in Arizona.

Sounds like the all pro may be something I should look more into because it sounds like they are gonna last over the times
Old 05-10-2011, 11:10 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
yep... secondary shocks FTW!!!
i was about to get myself a set of front bypasses... and then i bought a flat screen and another hand gun...lol

maybe next month
Old 05-10-2011, 11:20 AM   #18
LT Chase Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
i was about to get myself a set of front bypasses... and then i bought a flat screen and another hand gun...lol

maybe next month
get em soon and let's go run Lucerne Valley...

i got this 85 mile loop mapped out on my GPS...

Old 05-10-2011, 11:22 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
get em soon and let's go run Lucerne Valley...

i got this 85 mile loop mapped out on my GPS...

Mike, sounds awesome. lets go anyways, even with out my front bypasses.

when's good for you?
Old 05-10-2011, 11:24 AM   #20

Quote:
I am 4wd. I guess I forgot to mention.

I'm not going to get into any organized race league or anything like that. I thinking about speeds around 40 - 60 mph in the wash and washboards I'm introduced to here in Arizona.

Sounds like the all pro may be something I should look more into because it sounds like they are gonna last over the times
last how? like the kit isn't going to break or the company will be around for a long time?