DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Got quoted a grand

Old 05-20-2011, 11:32 AM   #1
bluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
bluetaco80's Tacoma Gallery
Got quoted a grand

Hey guys im currently getting a skidplate bumper built by my local shop and just recently picked up an engage kit for my 06 prerunner and the same shop quoted me a grand for the install...seems a lil steep to me...wat do you guys think?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:37 AM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetaco80 View Post
Hey guys im currently getting a skidplate bumper built by my local shop and just recently picked up an engage kit for my 06 prerunner and the same shop quoted me a grand for the install...seems a lil steep to me...wat do you guys think?
to install both or just the lift?
Old 05-20-2011, 11:40 AM   #4
bluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedbluetaco80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Install for the engage kit
Old 05-20-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoTaco View Post
Seems high to me. Get some buddies together and do it yourself.
This^^^

save the money and do it yourself
Old 05-20-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
BRT
BigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedBigRedToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
BigRedToy's Tacoma Gallery
Are they going to weld any gussets, do your alignment, etc?
Old 05-20-2011, 12:04 PM   #7

I would hope for that much
Old 05-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
$1000 is the cost to put the suspension on only? bumper is not included in that price?

name of shop?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
$1000 is the cost to put the suspension on only? bumper is not included in that price?

name of shop?
I already paid for the bumper it was 600 and just wanted to know what it would cost to install just the kit and steve at dependable offroad quoted me a grand
Old 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM   #10
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

$600 for a bumper isn't too bad... but $1000 to install the LT kit is a rip off, unless he's planning to gusset up a bunch of shit like spindles, UCA's, alignment tabs...

did he give you specifics on anything?
Old 05-20-2011, 01:12 PM   #11

No specs yet when my bumpers done im gonna ask him but i would assume for that price i would get all that gusseted
Old 05-20-2011, 01:17 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetaco80 View Post
No specs yet when my bumpers done im gonna ask him but i would assume for that price i would get all that gusseted
well dont assume anything, because the gussets themselves either have to be bought or made, making them isn't hard but takes time, and so does welding them up... cost of fabbing up the gussets and labor to install along with the LT kit could go over $1000

make sure you know exactly what is going to be done prior to the install and paying for it... dont want ya to get screwed
Old 05-20-2011, 01:47 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
well dont assume anything, because the gussets themselves either have to be bought or made, making them isn't hard but takes time, and so does welding them up... cost of fabbing up the gussets and labor to install along with the LT kit could go over $1000

make sure you know exactly what is going to be done prior to the install and paying for it... dont want ya to get screwed
Thanks matt
Old 05-20-2011, 01:51 PM   #14

anytime
Old 05-20-2011, 01:52 PM   #15

Hope ill make the next trip with you guys when its done
Old 05-20-2011, 04:50 PM   #16
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
2wd kit...do that install yourself and then pay to have your real fab work done like gussets, alignment tabs, and limit straps. You'll learn a bit in the process that will be worth it in the field if you gotta do some repair work.

Look forward to seeing the finished pics!
Old 05-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
2wd kit...do that install yourself and then pay to have your real fab work done like gussets, alignment tabs, and limit straps. You'll learn a bit in the process that will be worth it in the field if you gotta do some repair work.

Look forward to seeing the finished pics!
Yea you guys sold me ima get a buddy and get to work
Old 05-20-2011, 05:15 PM   #18
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Give yourself plenty of time and relax, it's not as hard as you think. Make sure to grease everything as you go.

Make sure to use a steady set of jack stands as well.