DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos 2" LT

Old 05-20-2011, 05:17 PM   #1
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

singlefin's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos 2" LT

Well if you haven't heard T/C has the 2 over kit ready for 2nd Gen Tacoma's now. They just had to finish the axles and had a couple trucks testing it. The FJ has different spline axles I guess so they never offered it. They suggest fiberglass, but the pics I was sent was 33's with trimmed stock fenders. 11.5" of travel. Seems like a good alternative to All-Pro.

Not gonna post their pics I was sent cause they aren't mine, but if you go on http://www.chaosfab.com/86002.php the have a couple on the FJ section and should update soon. They guy on their has RCV axles on his truck...$$$.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:22 PM   #2
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
very cool! nice find
Old 05-20-2011, 06:09 PM   #4
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
It's a advantage since you can run a bypass on it.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dang, that kit looks great. TC rules.

this kit has the upper hand on the all pro kit with it's lower boxed arm and ability to run a secondary shock... will prob only be a few hundred bucks more
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 AM   #6
never summer
singlefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shedsinglefin is one of the sharper tools in the shed

It's the same price as the FJ kit, msrp is like 27xx, axles 525, and your 8" coilover. Bypasses, boxed lowers, total chaos customer service all huge perks IMHO....
Old 05-21-2011, 07:53 AM   #7
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
It's the same price as the FJ kit, msrp is like 27xx, axles 525, and your 8" coilover. Bypasses, boxed lowers, total chaos customer service all huge perks IMHO....
To add, they have probably been beating on this kit for a couple years or longer, testing it...
Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by singlefin View Post
exactly. they are second to non in that department.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
To add, they have probably been beating on this kit for a couple years or longer, testing it...
i'm sure you're right. the R+D their stuff like crazy
Old 05-21-2011, 08:10 AM   #9
never summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Well it's the same kit that has been used on the FJ and they tested it for a bit on 3 tacoma's.

I'll have it after we close on our house.
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 AM   #10
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
I thought this kit has been available forawhile? I talked to a rep a year ago when they mentioned this kit for the FJers....well i think its a great option for those 4wheelers
Old 05-22-2011, 06:27 AM   #11
never summer

I know its been available for the FJ for a couple years. They are now offering it for the Tacoma. Axles on the two are different spline. If one was gonna run fiberglass I'd wouldn't see why not just going with the 3.5" wide kit.
Old 11-16-2011, 06:13 AM   #13
Tacohead
HuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant futureHuntnTruk has a brilliant future

Name: Kevin
HuntnTruk's Tacoma Gallery
Excuse the thread revival.

I want peoples input on this. Is there any advantage in this kit over the standard long travel kit from TC? I dont ever see myself running full LT in the rear being that my truck is a daily driver. Would this kit be better suited for me for this reason. I was looking at the All Pro kit but I like this TC much better.

Any help?
Old 11-16-2011, 08:18 AM   #14
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntnTruk View Post
Excuse the thread revival.

I want peoples input on this. Is there any advantage in this kit over the standard long travel kit from TC? I dont ever see myself running full LT in the rear being that my truck is a daily driver. Would this kit be better suited for me for this reason. I was looking at the All Pro kit but I like this TC much better.

Any help?
Unless you worried about width on the trails I would go with the standart LT. From reading above you would not save any money, just a little less track width. If your can be a little wider I would go ahead and get the extra travel
Old 11-16-2011, 07:00 PM   #15
wstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud ofwstcstriderz has much to be proud of

Name: jay
wstcstriderz's Tacoma Gallery
the benefit i see is... that you wouldnt have to buy glass with some modding of the stock flares.. custom bumper.. and i think it pulls 12 in. travel not a bad option imo
Old 11-16-2011, 07:33 PM   #16
Sunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedSunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sunner's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmmm. This thread throws a wrench in all my planning. I will have to wait to see if you can run this with stock fenders. If so, I will definitly consider it an option, will just have to save longer.