DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

anyone with LT one-piece conversion hood/fenders

Old 05-21-2011, 09:07 PM   #2
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of reasons:

1. If you want to do anything under the hood, you gotta take that big 'ole piece off. If you've fab'd something up so that it's hinged, it's the kind of thing where you really want a buddy around, especially to lower it down. That's a pain in the ass when you just want to check your oil at the gas station.

2. If you smash a fender, you gotta replace the whole thing.

3. They're expensive.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
^^^ yup.

also the hood is alot bigger than stock... so unless you have a wide ass LT front end... it's gonna look dumb.

most people dont have $1000 to spend on front end fiberglass
Old 05-22-2011, 10:55 AM   #4
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

Name: Mike
eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
Too expensive and inconvenient
Old 05-22-2011, 10:59 AM   #5
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
BUT....they do look very cool! haha
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #6
revhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the roughrevhappyleon is a jewel in the rough

Name: Manny
revhappyleon's Tacoma Gallery
So we ARE agreed on the cool factor right?
Old 10-12-2011, 01:00 AM   #7
G scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shedG scott04 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Garrett
G scott04's Tacoma Gallery
Yes they are cool< we have a member here who is gathering the parts to put on the second gen one piece front end for his 2000
Old 10-12-2011, 07:59 AM   #8
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

the cool factor is only there IF the clip is on a built truck

tundra conversion on a 1st gen

Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 AM   #9
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Ive been looking hard at them however I am not really sold on them for the same reasons above PLUS fiberwerx glass is pretty horrible in quality (pretty much only ones ive seen making these). My bedsides had issues from the time I picked them up at their shop down here. Ill likely ditch them soon after I cage the cab (little more important) and hang some Glassworks instead.

They are cool on some trucks like Matt said however personally I like the look 1st gen tacos have.
Old 10-12-2011, 10:02 AM   #10
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks has a one piece now
Old 10-12-2011, 10:03 AM   #11
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Glassworks also has 6.5" Flare for the 2nd Gens now
Old 10-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #12
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Glassworks also has 6.5" Flare for the 2nd Gens now
Yeah I saw them last time I was there
Old 10-12-2011, 10:08 AM   #13
Betty White Edition Heep ZJ
jonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shedjonny is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
jonny's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by revhappyleon View Post
So we ARE agreed on the cool factor right?
Holy crap...this guy is still alive?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
Ive been looking hard at them however I am not really sold on them for the same reasons above PLUS fiberwerx glass is pretty horrible in quality (pretty much only ones ive seen making these). My bedsides had issues from the time I picked them up at their shop down here. Ill likely ditch them soon after I cage the cab (little more important) and hang some Glassworks instead.

They are cool on some trucks like Matt said however personally I like the look 1st gen tacos have.
the dudes that work @ fiberwerx are high end douche bags too.

at the expo last weekend they had literally 15 guys working at their booth, plus the skanks in hooker shoes and bikni tops. i walked up to the booth to ask a question and they all just sat there drinking their beer and didnt get up to help... when i tried to talk to them they still sat there and just talk loud so i could hear them over all the noise.

i cut the retard off mid sentance, said "fuuuuuuck you" and walked off. they're not getting any of my money
Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 AM   #15
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
no
Old 10-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonny View Post
hahahaha
Old 10-12-2011, 10:32 AM   #17
Duck Killing Machine
Siebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shedSiebler is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: CJ
Siebler's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
the dudes that work @ fiberwerx are high end douche bags too.

at the expo last weekend they had literally 15 guys working at their booth, plus the skanks in hooker shoes and bikni tops. i walked up to the booth to ask a question and they all just sat there drinking their beer and didnt get up to help... when i tried to talk to them they still sat there and just talk loud so i could hear them over all the noise.

i cut the retard off mid sentance, said "fuuuuuuck you" and walked off. they're not getting any of my money

Very similar experience when I went to the shop. Even after I helped them push their race truck out of the trailer. I got my glass for a pretty good price, he told me it was retured and had some scuffs but nothing wrong other than that.... Yeah except the fit of lights and such. I would have hated to see how it fit on a truck with a bed, luckily I was just hanging it to cage. All this while dealing with the owner, Not very impressed.

I have thought about going back over there and giving them shit and all but it just isnt worth it, figure it does more just to spread the word to the Taco guys and let them have all their Bro ranger business instead since those guys wont know any difference anyways.

On the other note...
Glassworks has a 1 piece? For a 1st gen though?
Old 10-12-2011, 10:39 AM   #18
Dezert Toy Fabrication

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
On the other note...
Glassworks has a 1 piece? For a 1st gen though?
ohh nope no first gen love
Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 PM   #19
AmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to beholdAmeriMotor is a splendid one to behold

Firefighter:
Name: American Motorsports
AmeriMotor's Tacoma Gallery
I have a one piece front clip on my 98 tacoma 5 lug that converts it to and 05 tacoma. I had an engine cage already so i had to just remove the front core support and mount the radiator to the engine cage and make headlight mounts for the new 05 lights and grill. I was to bad. Ive heard some people get a 05 front core support and bolt that on the front frame rails and it mounts the lights and grill in place for you. I dont like the hole around the lights it doesnt fit very well. The body lines line up nice and tight. Its not show quality but offroad quality yes.
Attached Thumbnails
anyone with LT one-piece conversion hood/fenders-img_0037.jpg   anyone with LT one-piece conversion hood/fenders-img_0038.jpg  
Old 10-12-2011, 12:29 PM   #20
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery

yikes!!!!!! i dont think i would do this but if you like it.