DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

What Bumper is this?

Old 06-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #21
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
I need to long travel my bitch out ASAP!!!!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #22
kinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shedkinkrider101 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kinkrider101's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
That is one of my favorite bumpers. 3k is just too much, here is the bumper KR made for me.
I thought you had all pro fenders?? Also are you running a front wheel spacer on top of the lt ?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #23
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkrider101 View Post
I thought you had all pro fenders?? Also are you running a front wheel spacer on top of the lt ?
Never had the AP fenders, I have glasswork ones, not running wheel spacers.
Old 06-20-2011, 08:08 PM   #24
Dezert Toy Fabrication
DTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedDTFtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
DTFtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
I new owner lives in South America

but 3 grand for a bumper is crazy
Old 07-04-2011, 02:09 PM   #25
Lil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud ofLil'Taco has much to be proud of

Air Force: C-5 Loadmaster
Name: Scotty
Lil'Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I take it the Bumper from SDHQ was a total custom thing? As in you couldn't just go online somewhere and order one. The one that KR Fab made looks more vertical then the SDHQ one, Is that something KR would be able to change? Also the vent cut outs on the front?

Old 07-04-2011, 02:27 PM   #26
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil'Taco View Post
I take it the Bumper from SDHQ was a total custom thing? As in you couldn't just go online somewhere and order one. The one that KR Fab made looks more vertical then the SDHQ one, Is that something KR would be able to change? Also the vent cut outs on the front?

http://www.superduty-hq.com/

call em and ask man
Old 07-04-2011, 02:55 PM   #27
YoungTacoLover is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
YoungTacoLover's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by FixedTRD View Post
That is one of my favorite bumpers. 3k is just too much, here is the bumper KR made for me.
More pics ?
Old 07-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #28
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
yeah that bumper is sexy! but for 3 grand.. they can suck my dick.

i like the kr fab bumpers too.

but i love mine
Old 07-05-2011, 11:14 PM   #29
FixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedFixedTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
FixedTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTacoLover View Post
More pics ?
Here you go buddy thanks.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...trd-build.html
Old 07-09-2011, 11:45 PM   #30
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
i still dont get what makes that bumper worth 3k..
Old 07-10-2011, 10:12 AM   #31
theghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheghost is one of the sharper tools in the shed
theghost's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
i still dont get what makes that bumper worth 3k..
Ill help...

Its all constructed from 4130 Radius Bent .120 wall Tubing, entirely Tig welded, Boxed 4130 plasma cut frame horns, full 1/4 aluminum skids and theres over 5 days of aluminum work on the front of that bumper alone. thats alot of man hours.

with most shops you will get HREW or Mild steel or DOM if your really lucky, it will have half the number of bends in it and probably .90 wall tubing. if your lucky enough to find a shop that will build boxed horns and not tubed most likely they will be cut by hand off a template and absolutely not 4130, and NOBODY else will TIG weld it for you its all MIG.

Thats why that bumper is $3k and they price most likely wont be getting any cheaper.

Ive said it once, Ill say it again. You get what you pay for and with SDHQ you are paying for the best. That K&R Bumper is cool but to put it on the same level as an SDHQ build is laughable (no offense) Theres a reason why people like Jesse James, Tony Stewart, Luis Gonzalez and other big name clients continue to take their vehicles there. I am a happy SDHQ customer and will continue to take my vehicles to them for years to come for that signature fit and finish.
Old 07-10-2011, 07:25 PM   #32
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
a bumper is super small time work and money compared to building an entire truck. some shops wont even waste their time to just build a bumper.

when you consider people take their vehicles to SDHQ to have it built they spend up to $50K on some projects...

if you want SDHQ to take the time away from their big money clients, just to fab a bumper... you're going to have to pay for it. plain and simple.

but you will get an amazing product... as we can all agree... it's a sexy ass bumper
Old 07-12-2011, 11:57 AM   #33
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Alex
amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theghost View Post
Ill help...

Its all constructed from 4130 Radius Bent .120 wall Tubing, entirely Tig welded, Boxed 4130 plasma cut frame horns, full 1/4 aluminum skids and theres over 5 days of aluminum work on the front of that bumper alone. thats alot of man hours.

with most shops you will get HREW or Mild steel or DOM if your really lucky, it will have half the number of bends in it and probably .90 wall tubing. if your lucky enough to find a shop that will build boxed horns and not tubed most likely they will be cut by hand off a template and absolutely not 4130, and NOBODY else will TIG weld it for you its all MIG.

Thats why that bumper is $3k and they price most likely wont be getting any cheaper.

Ive said it once, Ill say it again. You get what you pay for and with SDHQ you are paying for the best. That K&R Bumper is cool but to put it on the same level as an SDHQ build is laughable (no offense) Theres a reason why people like Jesse James, Tony Stewart, Luis Gonzalez and other big name clients continue to take their vehicles there. I am a happy SDHQ customer and will continue to take my vehicles to them for years to come for that signature fit and finish.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nelson18matt View Post
a bumper is super small time work and money compared to building an entire truck. some shops wont even waste their time to just build a bumper.

when you consider people take their vehicles to SDHQ to have it built they spend up to $100K on some projects...

if you want SDHQ to take the time away from their big money clients, just to fab a bumper... you're going to have to pay for it. plain and simple.

but you will get an amazing product... as we can all agree... it's a sexy ass bumper
This ^^^

I'm at the shop once a week normally to go help with their 5/1600 bug and to just go and hang out. I watch their guys put trucks together and its amazing. The fact they can create something like what comes out of their shop is amazing. The welding and bending and notching is perfect. The tig welds are always on the spot. SDHQ hires the best guys that they can find so that their products are great. One of the guys used to work for Geiser Bros building Trophy trucks. When you have grade A talent working at a shop thats why people go to them and have them build something. Yes a garage fabber could build you something for less but you won't be getting the same product or service.

As far as shop fees, their fees on stuff is less then taking you junk to a dealer to have them do something. paying for custom fab isn't cheap and the material used isn't either
Old 07-12-2011, 03:44 PM   #34
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i'm so jealous that you get to go there and hang out... if i had the time or the gas money i would seriously drive to AZ just to check out SDHQ...lol
Old 07-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #35
Cuz Stock Sucks
amaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shedamaes is one of the sharper tools in the shed

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
i'm so jealous that you get to go there and hang out... if i had the time or the gas money i would seriously drive to AZ just to check out SDHQ...lol
Yeah its a cool place.

I'll be there tonight so if there is anything you want pictures of I'll snap some and TW live them
Old 07-12-2011, 04:19 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by amaes View Post
Yeah its a cool place.

I'll be there tonight so if there is anything you want pictures of I'll snap some and TW live them
anything cool...lol

updates on the Raptor LT kit or canti or anything Raptor related por favor
Old 07-12-2011, 04:22 PM   #37
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtsTRD View Post
well, you get what you pay for in most cases
Not sure how's that true when the cost of materials alone is far less.
Old 07-12-2011, 04:23 PM   #38
Cuz Stock Sucks

amaes's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
anything cool...lol

updates on the Raptor LT kit or canti or anything Raptor related por favor
I'll snap some of those. They also did a SUA raptor with glass up front thats turning out sick. A stock mini short course race truck, The FJ is still in there. I'm sure there will be a few more things in the shop plus we will be working on the bug
Old 07-12-2011, 04:35 PM   #39
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
im pretty sure i saw that first truck cruisin on the 60 east a couple months back. Thats a badass truck! I through up some horns for him when he went passed me
Old 07-12-2011, 05:31 PM   #40
06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed06HAOLE is one of the sharper tools in the shed
06HAOLE's Tacoma Gallery
Just wanted to chime in. If youve ever bought a sheet of 1/4" aluminum your spending some coin. Add that with the steel and hardware and your over a grand for a good DOM .120 wall bumper. Thats no labor, no TIG welding, no 4130 chromo and no shop time.

The fit and finish on SDHQ fabrication is amazing. I was fortunate enough to visit the shop and its everything its cracked up to be. Serena showed me the FJ, an MRAP (google if you dont know), her Bug, and multiple Raptor builds.

Its on an entire different level than most shops out there.