1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

2nd Gen High Angle CV Boots???

Discussion in 'Long Travel Suspension' started by TriageBAE, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Jul 5, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    TriageBAE

TriageBAE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    -4.88 gears -All-Pro Long Travel, Walker Evans coilovers w/reservoir in front. All-Pro Expedition leaf springs and Walker Evans LT shocks in the rear. -Relentless Fabrication sliders, front & rear bumper. -ARB Air-Locker & Compressor -Warn 9.5xp winch -All-Pro skid plate front, tranny, and transfer. -Behind the Grill 21" Light Bar from Expedition Lighting -2x2 Light Pods in front Bumper from Expedition Lighting -PIAA 510s placed in rear bumper -Grillcraft black grill. -Black Xenon CCFL Halo Projector Headlights
    I have an 07 Tacoma with an ALLPRO LT kit. I picked up their CV boots for the outer, but I can't find any for the inner boots. I keep tearing the inner boots. The overall lift was about 3.25", I can lower it the front, but the the rear will be racked a little.

I've only seen Gen1 inner boots. Any help on this???
    Thanks!

2. Jul 5, 2011 at 8:47 PM
    06RadiantRed

06RadiantRed Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    CA-Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    2006 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road - RadRed!!
    ICON ext. Travel Coilovers, TC UCAs, Fox 2.0 FJ Rear Shox + 2"AAL rear
    This might not be a huge help but.. I somehow put a hole in my passenger side outer boot when installing my lift a while back. Ended up having to replace it with a Kragen autoparts cv halfshaft. The interesting thing about it was, the boots were not exactly the same as stock, and they actually rub much less than the stock ones. Just be sure to paint the axle that is showing on the Kragen ones, mine is rusting..

3. Jul 5, 2011 at 8:52 PM
    rcbs204

rcbs204 Well-Known Member Vendor

Member:
  4. Jul 5, 2011 at 9:59 PM
    TriageBAE

TriageBAE [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    07 DCLB
    -4.88 gears -All-Pro Long Travel, Walker Evans coilovers w/reservoir in front. All-Pro Expedition leaf springs and Walker Evans LT shocks in the rear. -Relentless Fabrication sliders, front & rear bumper. -ARB Air-Locker & Compressor -Warn 9.5xp winch -All-Pro skid plate front, tranny, and transfer. -Behind the Grill 21" Light Bar from Expedition Lighting -2x2 Light Pods in front Bumper from Expedition Lighting -PIAA 510s placed in rear bumper -Grillcraft black grill. -Black Xenon CCFL Halo Projector Headlights

Thanks for all the replies...I have a couple of days off and I'm going to try this trick with the old cv boot.

Heading out to the desert in Nevada at the end of this month and I don't want to have a cv boot to tear...a lot of fine sand on the playa beds.

Products Discussed in

To Top