DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Total Chaos 2" LT Kit

Old 07-09-2011, 05:41 AM   #1
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Angel
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Total Chaos 2" LT Kit

Is anyone on TW running the Total Chaos 2" LT Kit? I've been looking into the AllPro LT kit because it isn't as wide. Thing is the AP LT kit to me seems like it's' a one and done thing. No upgrading the setup if I choose to do so...Just wanting to know how much if possible the TC 2" LT Kit can be upgraded?
Here is the link...http://www.chaosfab.com/86002.php
Old 07-09-2011, 09:44 AM   #2
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
what do you want to upgrade...?

the TC kit is different from the AP kit in that it's a boxed design, allows the use of a secondary (bypass) shocks, and the upper arms can be heimed instead of bushings

other than that, they are pretty much the same... both have uni ball upper and lower, yeild the same travel and retain 4WD drive
Old 04-08-2012, 02:16 PM   #3
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
stephen11ty7's Tacoma Gallery
I've been contemplating this kit for a while now! Anyone on here have it?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:35 PM   #4
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
Its what Im going with but I dont have it yet. Working on the rear first, got my defined kit the other day.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #5
stephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedstephen11ty7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

how do you like that?
Old 04-08-2012, 04:55 PM   #6
Piratefish is on a distinguished road

Piratefish's Tacoma Gallery
If your asking me Its not installed yet. The defined kit that is.

From what I can tell the TC kit is great. I dont need the extra width so the 2" over is for me. THe only bummer is that you still need fenders, axels and everything else.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:00 AM   #7
thekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedthekernel114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
thekernel114's Tacoma Gallery
post #2 he explains why he doesn't like the tc 2inch kit. seems like some design flaws to me:$ http://rocksolidtoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197
Old 04-09-2012, 12:25 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekernel114 View Post
post #2 he explains why he doesn't like the tc 2inch kit. seems like some design flaws to me:$ http://rocksolidtoys.com/forum/showthread.php?t=197
Funny, I read the exact same thing on another build, they weren't getting the advertised numbers out of the kit, and in turn went with Camburg!
Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piratefish View Post
If your asking me Its not installed yet. The defined kit that is.

From what I can tell the TC kit is great. I dont need the extra width so the 2" over is for me. THe only bummer is that you still need fenders, axels and everything else.
Yes I was asking if you had the defined rear installed yet. Which kit did you get?
Old 04-09-2012, 12:51 AM   #10
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
I thought it was just for the FJ's and 5 lugs?
Old 04-09-2012, 05:22 AM   #12
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
What use will you have for it? Will you need a secondary bypass is the main question?
Old 04-09-2012, 06:02 AM   #13
HIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shedHIYota is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
What use will you have for it? Will you need a secondary bypass is the main question?
I honestly don't know if I'd have the need at this point. This post is pretty old and I've had some modifications to the truck since. I've also learned a lot from this forum. At this point my truck is MT and I plan on keeping it that way untill I pay the wife's 4runner off. Who know's where I'll live when I can afford something like this so I got time to do more research. I'd like the keep the truck slimmer so the 2" would be better for what I want. If not I'll just build a beast MT.
Old 04-09-2012, 09:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
You never "need" a secondary shock, the kit just has the luxury of running a secondary shock. Also this kit yields more travel than a replacement LCA from TC, but not quite as much as their 3.5" kit. The 2" kit IMO is for someone who DD'S their truck, and wants off road performance, but wouldn't mind 4" wider track width vs. 7" total.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:27 AM   #15

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
"Need" is relative lol! If I had that kit, I'd def take advantage of the seconday bypass!

Ext travel MT with some air bumps up front and a SUA in the rear would do the job too! I'll prob end up with a 2" over as well....but it won't be for awhile!
Old 04-11-2012, 03:17 AM   #16
Marnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMarnes2986 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mark
Marnes2986's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to get too involved lol....but if you have to get fenders anyways, why not just go with the regular 3.5 kit.

always those situations where you say, "shoudve gone bigger/better"
Old 04-11-2012, 03:29 AM   #17

Air Force:
HIYota's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnes2986 View Post
not trying to get too involved lol....but if you have to get fenders anyways, why not just go with the regular 3.5 kit.

always those situations where you say, "shoudve gone bigger/better"
My thought on that issue is I'm in the military and I have no clue where I am gonna be stationed. I like exploring the outdoors as much as I'd like to go fast in the dez. Making the width only 4" wider is a benefit for either senario compared to 7.5" wider. I am looking for an all around build. Not to mention having 4WD is gonna limit my travel to the roughly the same numbers anyway.
Old 04-11-2012, 05:13 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIYota View Post
My thought on that issue is I'm in the military and I have no clue where I am gonna be stationed. I like exploring the outdoors as much as I'd like to go fast in the dez. Making the width only 4" wider is a benefit for either senario compared to 7.5" wider. I am looking for an all around build. Not to mention having 4WD is gonna limit my travel to the roughly the same numbers anyway.
Camburg's 3.5" kit has an advertised 14" with 4x4 and chaos at 13.5" while the 2" kit shows 11.5, just depends since those numbers are not universal, some trucks pull less and some more.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:07 PM   #19
Trifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shedTrifenix is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Trifenix's Tacoma Gallery
3.5 might as well. Mid travel and 2 isnt far apart enough imo.