DTFtacoma's 2006 Long Travel

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Long Travel Suspension

Notices

Felt good to use the truck for what it's intended for again

Old 07-17-2011, 07:12 PM   #1
distinguished bongo truck art critic
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Military Police Platoon Leader
Name: Chase
Mxpatriot's Tacoma Gallery
Felt good to use the truck for what it's intended for again - pics & vid

Finally found a place in Missouri where I can stretch the truck's legs a little; it's called Saint Joe State Park. Really nice ORV park with a sand flat area, lakes, picnic facilities, etc.

There's not a whole lot there, but it was the first time I've been over 30 MPH in the dirt in a long time. Everything out here is rocky and heavily wooded trails, so sand and wide open space was fun for a change.

Also helped out a 1st gen taco that was mired in a deep mud hole. I set up a nice right angle pull using the snatch block and a couple of trees and winched him right out.

Spent a long time looking for a good jump, couldn't really find one, but I did find this. Blasting across the creek I could just barely get her off the ground.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_bDiS-JIJE
Old 07-17-2011, 07:32 PM   #2
Mxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shedMxpatriot is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Old 07-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
very cool, i love your truck!
Old 07-17-2011, 08:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i'd becareful hitting water that fast imho
You are correct, hitting water at speed can in no way be beneficial for the truck.

Sure is fun though.
Old 07-17-2011, 10:30 PM   #6
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
chase, do you have a CAI? since you have glass what did you do about the intake hole? my intake gets dirty 100x quicker since its exposed. is that what you guys are worrying about when hitting the water fast?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:29 AM   #7

I chopped my intake and covered up the hole in the fender wall.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:13 AM   #8
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
i'd becareful hitting water that fast imho

i think hes fine

i hit water way faster hah but watch out for the hydro-plane its fun but scary on roads.
Old 07-18-2011, 08:15 AM   #9
Luxury Offroader
SportTractoF150 is on a distinguished road
Army: Battalion S-1
Name: Brandon
SportTractoF150's Tacoma Gallery
I hate you Chase. I miss LA more and more and our old stomping grounds. NC and MO don't hold a candle to 'em.

Truck looks good man, as always
Old 07-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak201 View Post
chase, do you have a CAI? since you have glass what did you do about the intake hole? my intake gets dirty 100x quicker since its exposed. is that what you guys are worrying about when hitting the water fast?
I chopped up my old mudflaps and made a new fender liner